Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: August 02, 2020 05:55PM

To See How GOOD You Are. How Obedient. How Helpful. How DESPERATE to follow it (the Mormon 'Church'), AT ANY COST.

Even if it means invading your privacy, pressuring you to Always Give MORE, to IT... while promising you it, well, the Lord - same guy they gave all your money to - will give you so much [MORE] in the end. What a loan, a line, and a lie, when interpreted through Mormonism.

Give of yourself (lose yourself), your time, talent, energy, wealth/ earnings, etc, Over and Over again.

Day After Day

YOU WORKING, and Giving while it sits back and counts, and discounts, and doesn't count what you give it.

I call it the 'Church' of Eternal Structure (CES), or of Never Stop Asking (NSA) [for money, more>>>] or WE NEED MORE (from you).

Even kids.

I'm glad I never paid, played, obeyed or even believed as an adult. Hell I didn't even believe that shit as a kid. See right through it. Forced to attend as children... I could see the ldsC was using me, as a youth.

If you constantly give 10% - to such an UNWORTHY 'cause' - of your income, your outcome will show it. The 'church' will have more than you, because you essentially propped it up, kept it afloat, carried it.

And isn't it the truth. It'll take your last dime.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: August 02, 2020 10:30PM

When I was a kid in the 1940s I got a weekly allowance of 25¢. Every Sunday after church, I walked up to the bishop on the stand and gave him 2¢ or 3¢, alternating. And he would write me a receipt.

What a good boy I was!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 02, 2020 10:36PM

and, you're Still Experiencing the Blessings :)

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: August 02, 2020 11:11PM

Parents pay tithing on their weekly/monthly earnings. Then their children receive a 20 dollar check (for a birthday) from the parents. The church gets another round of tithing~ 2 bucks.

Scenarios like this were discussed over and over. I had church friends who argued that their birthday money had already been tithed, but church leaders disagreed.

I hated the fact that god needed to double-dip on tithing.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: August 03, 2020 01:24AM

My clever and feisty aunt used to give us $11.11 on birthdays and christmas.

$10.00 for us.
$1.00 tithing on the $10.00
$0.10 tithing on the $1.00
$0.01 tithing on the $0.10

Date: August 03, 2020 11:46AM

category of 'teaching the receiver of any $ to be a tithe-payer (when they're an adult).

Date: August 03, 2020 01:02PM

GNPE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> category of 'teaching the receiver of any $ to be
> a tithe-payer (when they're an adult).

Yeah but the teaching is false, like anything (everything?) else in Mormonism.

It's supposed to be an "increase". A work-life/ making a living/ getting by is a living breathing thing. One moment you're up, the next you're down.

Never pay when you're up (ever pay anyway) because you might need it when you're down.

Family making $50,000/ year - and needing $48,200 for living expenses - saves, or increases, but $1,800 (of which may be needed this year, or next) [of which TSCC tries to pressure you into believing you are indebted to the 'church'/ God for $5,000!]... so you have to go into debt for $3,800... rather than giving TSCC, at the end of the year, $180, or about $15 per week.

Ridiculous!

Taking from children, Mormonism is no less than a stalker, one that preys on young, wealthy, old, foolish, forgetful, lonely, desperate, or vulnerable people, hounding them for a back alley debt.

Telling the CHILDREN the truth (of the 'church' & it's founder-founding) would allow them to decide if it's right for them and if they want to support such an unworthy cause, not to mention uncreditworthy institution, or misguided corporation.

Date: August 03, 2020 01:13PM

I Agree, I was only trying to present it the way MOs see it;

they twist & pervert Everything they touch, tithing is #1

Date: August 03, 2020 01:22PM

Oh I know.

It's just so rotten.

Brainwashing + False Narratives + Fantasy Stories +
Misleading Information + GREED = Mormonism, and it's terribly terminal totalitarian tithing to temple program is a sham.

Date: August 03, 2020 01:27PM

(as I've posted MANY TIMES) micro-management is their main tool.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: August 03, 2020 04:34PM

What gulls me the most is how some elderly are pressured to name the SCC in their will and estate documents.

There's no shame in their greed.

Date: August 06, 2020 07:04PM

You mean after it's taken so much from them already?

Yeah, like, you're DEAD!
One LAST - or lasting - time to take from a "member".

UMM... could we (have) Take Your House, Land, Cars, Kids, RV, Boat, you Fortune, FAMILY, Wealth or Health?

Please, give it to "the 'church'"... since you can't Pay Us, on a weekly basis, and we can't Call [Send] You On A ('Missing') "Mission" and YOU Aren't Paying Us For NOTHING on a weekly basis (anymore).

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 07, 2020 01:09PM

Ah, yes, tithing: it's not about money, it's about *obedience* to the Lord™...

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/media/video/2012-01-017-tithing?lang=eng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYifOmVI16o

Date: August 09, 2020 12:03PM

Taking from KIDS is Taking From The Family, taking from the poor, taking from the world.

It's the invasion of your pockets, and privacy, and spirit (of young children), giving MONEY to a private group of entitled old men who use, misinform, and take advantage of them.

Date: August 11, 2020 05:49PM

TSCC is crippled w/o "tithing" (always begging for money) and wants to cripple - and bring to their knees - the members, making them vulnerable, isolated, and feeling dependant.

The 'church' needs the members. Not the other way around.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: August 11, 2020 09:11PM

If someone gave me a quarter, my father demanded three cents. It went right into his pocket. I saw that. I resented it. I have never paid tithe as an adult, never worn garments. The resentment is strong in me. Course, I was disowned.

Posted by: moremanyME ( )
Date: August 19, 2020 03:47PM

I once gave the bishop some money (as an adult) - or thought I did - complete with a receipt, in a tithing envelope.

[Grew up in TSCC (through no fault of my own). Moved, found truth, free-agency, and happiness. Didn't see a Mormon, feel like - or even act like - one, or think about it (TMC) for many, many years.]

Later that week (about 2013) I began to wonder if I had even put the money [made like $170 that week, or claimed I did, so it was like $17] in there.

At church one day (I only attended about 4-5 times over the course of a couple years), a few weeks later, I asked the bishop if he had the tithing envelope.

He had it in his suit pocket and handed it to me. I opened it and it was blank except for the propaganda receipt.

I tore it up.

As an adult I never gave the cult any cash. The tithing program is a scam anyway.

Take from the poor and give to the rich.

Posted by: Discussing ( )
Date: August 20, 2020 06:36PM

Without tithing ( which involve "interviews" [enter views] & prying into your personal life) there would be less backbiting backstabbing and backstage babbling.

Tithing: an order to take your money before anyone else (including you) does. A plan to break you. An excuse for an excursion into an extortion of personal lifeblood of current and future freedom and happiness.

A way to get into the minds, and worse, the hearts and heads of kids.

Teaching them that it is alright for them to take your parent's money because they're taking yours too!

Posted by: MormonMartinLuther ( )
Date: August 20, 2020 06:47PM

Tithing is very simple for even the simplest of saints to understand.

You pay 10% of whatever level of guilt you are inclined to pay (mildly forced into = on net, greater anxiety = on gross income)

Then the church takes all that money from the wards and whisks it off to Salt Lake where it is used at the sole discretion to tip the skycaps at the airport for Bednar's flight to Italy, his first class seating on plane and VIP transfer to five star hotel in Rome. Now that could just what you send in as tithing.

The people who earn more well that goes into a special fund at Ensign Peak Advisors which through the miracle of compound interest, not your compound interest but their compound interest, automagically becomes $100B which is waiting for Jesus but while it is waiting it goes to pay all dear businesses which belong to GA family or friends and lest we forget GAs house, security, maids, gifts, food, satellite, golf lessons, horseback rides, etc. etc. etc.

As you can see God needs a lot of money to build up his kingdom and in his kingdom he has many living the life of a king.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.