Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: August 04, 2020 11:24PM

Those of you who were ever part of the Sunstone crowd probably knew Armand Mauss, or at least knew of him. He did a lot of research on LDS sociology. Great guy. RIP

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2020/08/04/lds-scholars-mourn-death/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 05, 2020 12:44AM

That's a very nice obituary. I like that he was collegial across the academic community.

Posted by: ipo ( )
Date: August 05, 2020 06:59AM

"We'll be back
We're sorry. The Salt Lake Tribune's web site, sltrib.com, is unavailable in the European Union. We are working with lawyers on compliance with the European Union's General Data Protection Requirements, and we expect to sltrib.com to be available once that is done. Thank you for your patience."

It's been a long time like this. :(

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: August 05, 2020 12:06PM

I can copy and paste the obit, not sure it's legal copyright wise.

Anyone's opinion if I should or shouldn't?

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: August 05, 2020 01:01PM

This site asks that we don't post entire articles due to copyright considerations. Perhaps obits are different. In any case, attribution should always be given.

Maybe it would be OK to post the whole obit for international readers for a brief time but then go back and edit to just include excerpts.

But I could be giving you a bad idea. However, we won't get disfellowshipped for it. Unless we're repeat offenders maybe. Sorry CZ in advance.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: August 05, 2020 04:48PM

I think it's best not to get this site or me in trouble, so I will not post the information.

If the obit is so important to IPO, they will find a way of legally getting the information.

Maybe someone could mail him a copy of the SLT newspaper.

Posted by: Lurker 1 ( )
Date: August 05, 2020 03:53PM

I never met Armand but he was the best man for my parents when they were married in Tokyo during the Korean war. One time I told my father who was completely TBM that Armand had gotten in trouble back in the 70's for speaking out against the racism in not letting blacks hold the priesthood or participate in temple ordinances. My father mused a little and stated "that sounds like Armand, he always speaks his mind when he sees things that he thinks aren't right" I always wished I could meet him.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.