Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: August 08, 2020 10:31AM

Here is the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usXmPwt0ZSg

At 13:55

The physician said that things could stay with her for the rest of her life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 08, 2020 10:43AM

The link took me to a carefully choreographed interview in which my only takeaway was that Russell Milhaus Nelson is a shoo-in for the role of Montgomery Burns in the live version of The Simpsons.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: August 09, 2020 06:43AM

good one, see the video that should be seen,not the video that LDS Inc PR wants to present, to paraphrase good old MORmON BYU faculty member and GA wannabe Bob Millet

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: August 08, 2020 09:30PM

So could Mormonism - a greater disease the world hasn't known - at least until death do it's part.

Posted by: MormonMartinLuther ( )
Date: August 08, 2020 09:42PM

Sue the church!

Mormon God doesn't give protection, courts do.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: August 09, 2020 02:26AM

They set up apartments that are sub-standard and tell them to grin and bear it. "It grows character to suffer and sacrifice." They condition these young people to accept danger as a test of their obedience, yet their residences are often in the middle of criminal activities.

Leaders tell them not to apologize as "ambassadors of christ" and it leads some to stand up to people advocating threats and violence. When missionaries become victims of a crime, leaders blame missionaries for not listening to the spirit.

Yes, the church blames young missionaries when they are hurt and sick. It's the church's way of taking responsibility.

Date: August 09, 2020 02:47AM

My mission president warned us missionaries that if he heard any complaints from members that we missionaries had refused to eat what was served then we would endure his wrath. He didn't want to hear about picky eaters or alleged food allergies. We were expected to eat whatever was served; even if the aroma was foul.

A popular dish from recent immigrant members was to eat goat boiled in its blood. It never agreed with me and the smell caused me to vomit.

I'm sure others can attest of eating unfamiliar and nasty things that were served to them that made them ill.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2020 02:48AM by messygoop.

Date: August 09, 2020 06:39AM

You are correct about LDS Inc using this video that they produced as an attempt to skirt blame for a problem that they have caused.
However do NOT miss the other remarkable aspect of it, which is that LDS inc is so desperate in this area that they figured that playing up the whacko MORmON members angle would help them out in their agenda .......maybe they should try the same thing in attempts at trying to absolve themselves relative to MORmON characters like Ron and Dan Lafferty, Brain David Mitchell, Ted Bundy.

Date: August 09, 2020 06:52AM

a young missionary is like a super obedient trick performing "pet" dog that will do anything to catch a frisbee, just as it has been trained to.

It's an awesome trick performing "pet" at that point.

Then LDS Inc throws the frisbee over a cliff or into heavy speeding traffic for kicks. When their obedient to a fault "pet" ends up hurt, suddenly it's the fault of the "STUPID" "pet".

Screw the stupid MORmON church.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: August 10, 2020 01:21PM

During covid19 they are still sending missionaries out! My friends daughter is serving in France right now. Where is the missionary safety?

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: August 10, 2020 03:57PM

Some places are definitely safer than the United States.

Posted by: Exalted Pervert ( )
Date: August 10, 2020 01:38PM

My cousin served in the new Zealand mission. He suffered from blood clots and ended up coming home after 10 months for multiple surgeries. He is now ok, but with some permanent disabilities. He did not go back.

His BIS and SP both had no problem telling of his lack of faith; the failed the trial the lord set for him.

My former young mens president repeatedly stated:
"When a young man fails to complete their mission, it is ALWAYS & INVARIABLY due to SIN!" --Its their fault.

Sick, disgusting, twisted culture.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 11, 2020 11:49AM

In the Russian marine corps there is a word to decribe this
BULLSHITSKI

Posted by: MormonMartinLuther ( )
Date: August 10, 2020 03:38PM

This is terrible. Is the only real solution to ask for the Lord to prove to us and then not budge until he does?

Like whether to stay on a mission?
Ask for Lord to directly tell you vocally or in person visit.

Like paying tithing?
Take it out of my wallet it is yours, just you have to do the work too.

Why are we always second guessing and then doing the work for Mormon Jesus is he really that lazy? or inept?

Posted by: Zelf the Apostate ( )
Date: August 10, 2020 03:58PM

Remember:

Anytime you ask for proof from the church, the G.A.'s answer is to call you an ADULTERER!

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 11, 2020 11:56AM

While in the Argentine mission in the late 1950's one of my companions had amoebic disentery and was hospitalized. To the best of my knowledge he suffered from the side effects of this the rest of his life. Did they release him because of this? NO! He was made to "suffer through". This approach is WRONG!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2020 11:57AM by thedesertrat1.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: August 11, 2020 12:41PM

But that’s what the church believes. If something bad happens to you, it’s your fault cuz sin.

Date: August 11, 2020 04:00PM

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 11, 2020 04:32PM

There should never be any questions asked. A missionary gets sick, the church should be responsible.

Again, when I was a missionary in 1969-1971, we were very well looked after. Any time something seemed serious, we were shipped off to Fanfani Institute in Florence, the best medical institute in the nation at that time. Piddly things (I once had to have my ears cleaned, for example) we just paid for out of pocket, because with a national health system, care and treatment were far less expensive than out of pocket in the states.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.