Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: September 09, 2020 08:23PM

I mean, all the predictions are here regarding the last days. Fires turning the skies red, howling winds, rampant diseases, the Tooele earthquake, civil unrest...

Of course, all these things are localized and/or transitory, but we all know how the Mormon mind works.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: September 09, 2020 08:55PM

I'm seeing lots of scared people, facebook is pushing a lot of posts about how apocalyptic 2020 is and how it's so much worse than anything that happened in previous generations, and the most important election in world history (supposedly) is coming in Nov,

yesterday especially we had big winds all up and down the East Bench. Lots of trees came down especially in Farmington, Ogden, South Willard, it was all bad. I just got my chainsaw blade today and am ready to start cutting up more trees, yay!

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: September 09, 2020 09:17PM

I am fortunate in not having any friends or close family that are still ensnared in mormonism.

I haven't heard anything from anyone about christ coming or headed back to church.

In fact since the church publicly renigged on it's promise to provide economic assistance to the faithful followed by the 100 billion dollar reveal I don't think anyone truly sees the church as a safe haven or bulkward against disaster.

Posted by: MormonMartinLuther ( )
Date: September 09, 2020 09:50PM

Mormons have their heads firmly planted under oblivious gaslighting top soil.

They just assume all these things were foretold and are happening right out of the Book of Mormon.

Cluelessly reckless and scripturally ignorant.

Posted by: cftexan ( )
Date: September 09, 2020 10:18PM

Not my mormon family. I have an episcopalian friend that is however.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: September 10, 2020 01:14AM

I would think he'd be out distributing "Hate Has No Home Here" yard signs. You know, advancing a Progressive "heaven-on-earth" in the Here-and-Now.

Posted by: anon4this ( )
Date: September 10, 2020 12:51AM

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 10, 2020 01:40AM

I was at my cousins funeral funeral 10 days ago and there was no mention of the last days...it was a Mormon funeral...but it was a cowboy funeral outside...and i imagine everyone was thinking of the harvest that was put on hold for the day.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: September 10, 2020 09:58AM

Well, we'd better listen before she gets really angry.

We've messed up her house and we'd better clean up our mess.

If we don't do anything, humanity is screwed.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: September 12, 2020 02:05PM

Ya know, I haven’t heard or seen on social media, much “last days” crap from mormons I’m connected to. I’m surprised that I haven’t even heard it from my mother who loves the phrase “you can sure see the signs of the last days.” Maybe even she recognizes that she’s been saying that her whole life (92 years)and the world doesn’t seem much worse to her now than it was in the 40s, cause other than climate change, it isn’t.

But I live in the South and don’t EVEN get me going about the Evangelical Christians. So many of them have their rapture suitcases packed and are saying their goodbyes. I stay connected to them just because their social media posts are so funny and it’s always good to see how other people think. One goes to a really goober Baptist church and shares her preacher’s posts all the time. He’ll say “I really think we’re all going home soon,” and the comments to his posts are all from people who have a tin foil hat on over their red ball cap. The Mormon posts can be very hateful and ignorant, but seriously, their end-times posts pale in comparison.

Posted by: not logged in today ( )
Date: September 12, 2020 03:37PM

When the money's down, they don't really believe it. Ask them how sure they are that they'll be raptured soon, if they have their heavenly bags packed. Then offer to draw up **legally binding documents** to bequeath you all of their possessions (bank accounts etc.) on whatever post-rapture date they choose. Emphasize that this is not a joke and that you will take legal action if they attempt to renege on the transfer. Every last one of them will quickly back off and suddenly not be nearly as sure that Jeezus is a-comin' soon. Money trumps faith, even among the goobers.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.