Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Kalos2020 ( )
Date: September 13, 2020 08:47AM

Their kids moved to another town last year. Probably to get some serious distance to their controlling parents.

At the same time, over a period of six months, my sister and my brother in law started to harass and emotionally abuse me until I stopped greeting them and calling them. They were pathetic. It was so childish I had to pinch myself.

I guess they were like the german dictator in the bunker-meme.
Someone had told them the reason why the kids moved away and they lost it.

They made a complete schorced earth and harrased me to get a situation that he could use to state his point or rebalance the system. I never gave it to him. So we cut contact.

My point is that I think that they would love to treat their kids they way they treated me. But they can not. The destruction of the relationship with me was just some kind of sick scapegoating.

I am fine. Just shocked how pathetic they could be.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: not logged in again ( )
Date: September 13, 2020 11:22AM

Some people have the pathological need to control others and tear them down in order to make themselves feel better.

Kids cut them off, you were the most convenient available target. Now you've kicked them to the curb, which was of course the wise thing to do.

Sis & BIL will proceed to alienate the rest of their associates until there are only the two of them left. Then they will eat each other in their own special and deserved hell. Good riddance. No one will care.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 13, 2020 12:10PM

It makes sense to me that they will turn on each other, n'cest pas?

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: September 13, 2020 05:26PM

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: September 13, 2020 05:50PM

My sister is a control freak and always used our father as her scapegoat for everything wrong in her life. She had not talked to him for just over a year at the time of his death. She always blew up at him if he did not agree with her over even the smallest of verbal exchanges.

After Dad died, Sis did the same scapegoating behavior with our mother. At our mother's death she had not visited or spoken with our mother for eight months. The last few times she had visited our mother was simply to see if Mom was dying and she would soon be getting any inheritance.

At the time of our mother's death, Sis proclaimed, "Now I am the matriarch of the family !!!" It didn't take her long to shift the abuse to me. Just like with the parents, she is now refusing to talk to me because she cannot get her way. What she doesn't know is that, just as our parents felt, I am perfectly happy to have as little contact with her as possible.

When I am completely out of the picture, I imagine she will have no other choice but to start aiming the scapegoating at her children one at a time.

Kalos2020, you are not alone in your family dysfunction.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: September 13, 2020 05:52PM

Why? Because they're @aaholes. It's better to not have them in your life.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: September 15, 2020 03:58PM

You just weren't playing the game by their rules. shame on you

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.