Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: iceman9090 ( )
Date: September 15, 2020 12:31AM

I was watching this. Maybe some of you used to watch it.

Unsolved Mysteries with Robert Stack - Season 6, Episode 15 - Full Episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zesNBbcmCEE
By Unsolved Mysteries – Full Episodes
Length = 45:28

It starts at 2:40

What do mormons typically believe? Do ghosts walk around among us or what?

Personally, I don’t buy it.
One person wrote this in the comment section:

Resurrection Mary's appearance and activity diminished over five decades. First, she was three dimensional interacting with Jerry Palus (the guy portrayed in this) and then she was just walking on the side of the road and then she was on the side of the road without a face.... the last encounter I heard was just a dress only hovering over the road.1985.... Nobody sees Resurrection Mary anymore... but I saw an apparition on the side of the road in broad daylight in Colorado that was the exact same kind of apparition as her. A girl in a white dress without a face. Another time, we are in the car my nephew saw it one day when I was looking the other way. He started yelling that there was a woman on the side of the road without a face. The house is in the country, nowhere near any other house and I worked with the lady that lived there. She brought in pictures she had taken in her kitchen and other parts of the house with a white mist hovering over the dining room table and in the corner of the room excetera excetera

~~~~iceman9090

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: September 15, 2020 02:43AM

Great to hear that the Virgin Mary has leisure time to roam the byways of Colorado and hang out in country kitchens. Charmed resurrection.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 15, 2020 04:36AM

It's nice to see you, William. I hope you have been well.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: September 15, 2020 09:23AM

Mormons believe in all sorts of ghosts, Brigham young said to the effect that the spirit world is right close to this one and that they are involved in daily activities similar to what we are doing. Temple square is said to be haunted, especially the Lion House where all the spinsters (who were unhappy) lived. They wander the corridors at night. There is even a room away from the public that is kept the same as the day Brigham died, with all the old furnishings. These sorts of relics have a tendency to draw back dead people.

One of my friends who worked at the Lion House has told me all sorts of stories, even former workers who come back after being in the grave and suiting up for another day of hauling dishes around. It's a strange spooky place.

Posted by: iceman9090 ( )
Date: September 15, 2020 10:52AM

+MacaRomney:
I would love to visit a haunted place but seems like such things only appear on TV.

~~~~iceman9090

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 15, 2020 11:28AM

I never saw anything at the temple. Just a place full of bossy men and women nitpicking everything you did~ talking too much, tying your sash wrong, sitting in the wrong seat, not taking your slippers off etc.

And I never saw any liquor cabinets either. No spirits flowing freely :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.