Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 15, 2020 02:04PM

I saw a news story that said her trial is set for April of 2021, I can't find it again.

Story said she was scheduled for arraignment on Thursday but a date wasn't given (may be passed now).

is anyone on the board following this closely?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: loislane ( )
Date: September 15, 2020 02:57PM

I am following it wAAY to closely.

I can't believe the minutia I know about this case.

MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP.

Lori waived her preliminary hearing. She pled not guilty.

Chad's trial is in January, hers is in April.

Melani Gibb's recorded phone call with the two of them is very telling.

Someone claiming to have an "affair" with Alex in Mexico gave an hour interview. She said Alex had problems "finishing."

I think someone named Jason Mow is an important part of this case. He "married" Lori and Chad to each other in some temple. Not an "official" Mormon temple wedding, just something the three of them managed to pull off while they were all three in the temple. According to Lori, Jesus Christ was a witness to the event. I think both Lori and Chad were married to (at the time) living spouses.

Some psychic named Reverend Donna Seraphina knows WAAY too much about how the children were killed. Since she clearly is not psychic, someone must have told her this information -- most likely Jason Mow, in which case he is deeply involved in all this.

I think Chad might turn on Lori, not vice versa. Lori never, ever admits that she is wrong. Never. Chad just might wake up and smell the coffee once he gets off xanax. If so, I can't imagine how he will react to what he did.

I wish I could step back and just quit watching all this. When it is all over, there will be books and movies that will explain everything, and I can read and watch to my heart's content.

But every day I search and search for the slightest nugget. Strange and disturbing stuff happens, especially in Mormondom. Why can't I just let it go at that.

According to Lori's cellmate, Lori is reveling in the attention she is getting.

Chad's voice sounds like he is either extraordinarily depressed or strung out on Xanax. Lori's voice sounds like that of a little girl.

BEwARE OF GROwn woMEN wHO TALK WIth A LITTLE GIRL'S VOICE. If such a person tries to insinuate herself into your life, run for the hilla.

Just sayin'

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 15, 2020 03:43PM

Thank you for this.

I have not followed the story because it is so tawdry and will eventually come out. But your post gives me a good sense of where things stand.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 15, 2020 03:47PM

> I have not followed the
> story because it is so
> tawdry...

And yet you read what I post here!

Date: September 15, 2020 04:18PM

Only when there are no reruns of Jerry Springer on TV.

Date: September 15, 2020 04:19PM

Tawdry will never stop me.

I started following this story because my own father wasted his life creating doomsday predictions, writing books about them, and then re-configuring everything when the world didn't end.

The world is not going to end. The human race might end one day, but not the world.

My father's theories revolved around the Dream Mine.

So when I found there was a doomsday cult that originated in Springville Utah (as did my father's) and involved Evergreen Cmemtery (where my immortal father is buried) well, I just had to dig deeper. And deeper. And deeper. And now I'm really stuckin the hole I dug.

Chad's family seems more or less Mormon-Normal. Lori's family, not so much. But I truly believe her mother and sister were telling the truth in their initial interview, and were truly shocked and sickened when the children't bodies were discovered.I myself was shocked and surprised. I truly thought Lori had the children stowed away on some compound.

But after I got over my shock, I wondered: Since the children WERE murdered, and since L&C did not want the bodies to be discovered WHY ON EARTH bury them in Chad's backyard, where they would be sure to be discovered. Remember when LE thought they would have to search every inch of Yellowstone? Did they WANT to get caught? I really don't think they did. Did they think God would intervene at the last minute like he did with Abraham? If so, they were wrong.

I still think Jason Mow is deeply involved and knows a lot about this case, so maybe he can be persuaded to talk.

Don't trust psychics. Don't even trust the "promptings of the spirit." That's what got C&L into this mess. Otherwise, Chad might still be the author of some not-very-popular doomsday books,with a beautiful and well-loved wife, and Lori would be the spoiled wife of a rich husband.

Now they are both behind bars, and likely to stay behind bars the end of their days.

Date: September 15, 2020 04:30PM

Oh, I study these things too.

Ted Bundy, Gary Gilmore, the Laffertys, Mountain Meadows, Jodi Arias, the other more-or-less Mormon tragedies: these were all, as you note, influenced by the belief that God may order you to kill your son or to cut someone's throat to get a book. The truth is that each case is a unique mix of personal illness, malice and avarice, and Mormonism; so too the MLM and Dream Mine kind of get-rich-quick schemes. Telling people in an apocalyptic cult to follow the spirit is a recipe for disaster.

So I will definitely read a book or seven when books are written on this topic. I'm just happy that you are relieving me of the temptation to pay attention on a day-to-day basis. I prefer my "tawdry" in comprehensive, fact-checked form.

Date: September 15, 2020 04:42PM

. I prefer my "tawdry" in comprehensive, fact-checked form.

Good thinking. As nutty as this case is, there are people out there (including "psychics") doing their best to make it nuttier.

One thing this case has LOADS of for fact-lovers like yourself is documentation. E-mails, legal documents (thousands of pages) phone calls, recorded phone calls, phone pings, police cams.

When it is time to prosecute there will be NO lack of evidence.

As of right now, all the pair have been charged with is tampering with evidence. That's what the children's bodies are "evidence."

For people like Lori, who truly believe that "truth" is whatever suits her purposes at the moment, all that documentation could be embarrassing.

Oh, well, that's enough for now. Back to my real life.

Tawdry Audrey

Date: September 15, 2020 04:48PM

You da bomb, Tawdry Audrey.

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: September 15, 2020 09:00PM

Wonder if Lori sits in her cell feeling smug that she "knows where the cat's buried", if you will.

I can imagine her nodding her lovely blond head thinking, "COVID? Right. Plagues and Pestilence. The west burning up? Right. Fire and Brimstone. False prophets? We got 'em. The Antichrist and The Mark of the Beast? Yup! [I won't name names but you know who they are.]

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 16, 2020 12:51AM

Clearly a conspiracy

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.