Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Oregon ( )
Date: September 20, 2020 03:22PM

I drink a few cups of green tea or coffee every day," says William W. Li, MD, author of Eat to Beat Disease: The New Science of How Your Body Can Heal Itself. After 20 years of cancer prevention research, he says he's well aware of the scientific evidence that points to tea and coffee doing the body good.

They each "contain different types of polyphenols (micronutrients from plant-based food), but they all activate our body's key health defense systems (starving cancer, feeding our healthy gut bacteria, repairing damaged DNA, improving immunity) that help us resist cancer. From lab studies to clinical trials to large-scale public health studies showing that tea or coffee lowers risk across different forms of cancers, I consider it a no-brainer to drink these beverages." And it's a cherry on top that he loves the taste!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: moriancumer the adulterer ( )
Date: September 20, 2020 03:25PM

So is sex and masturbation. Planning your parenthood is also healthy. Along with not giving $$$ to scam artists. Or believing everything you read.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 20, 2020 04:00PM

Common sense v. Biological appetites

Sometimes it's hard to figure out which one to bet on over a holiday weekend.

But if an out of town convention is involved, bet on the biological urges every time!

Posted by: Mormonious the Roman! ( )
Date: September 20, 2020 04:24PM

Who is going to get the Honor of Doing Ruth Bader Ginsberg's Temple work??? WHO?

Hitlers? DOne.
Stalin? Done.
Mao.... Dunno
William Henry Harrison... DOne.

Not many real people left in the US.... And the creation of Names by Priestcrafthood is still in its infancy....

Who will do RBG?

FUrther more, to inspire more temple work, we should make it a quiet contest of what members are proxies for famous people.

Elvis? DOne.

Just think, in OPEN MIKE SUNDAY, some youngster could get up and say "I was doubting everything, but them I was baptized for and behalf of Julius Ceaser! and my faith has never been stronger!"

Harry Truman? Done.

Bishops interviews could ask "So, who in the kingdom of the Dead have you saved?" and if they cant name some famous household names, which most cant, then they can say "You need to attend the temple more often!"

What about Hugh Heffener? who gets to do his work???

"Hey everyone! I got not only Charlexs Degaulle but also Winston Curchill! Im one holy sun of a beach!"

COntests will make temple work grow and be more popular!!!

Like a sacrament lottery! (I proposed this once) That you put a redc dot on the bottom of a sac cup and whoever gets it, it can be said, may boast of a personal witness to Christ!

BTW, anyone ever pee in the Font?

Like when the retarded child in my class was... um... how to say this... stimulating the spirit of procreation in the temple locker room in st g. He was not quiet about it either.

but, back to the temple work. Ah the temple, where old people can go to treat younger people like crap.

I didn't do much temple work, I was a bad boy. I just didn't go.

My first time I wore the naked poncho. I was on a massive regimine of antibiotics which had the unfortunate sideffect of liquefying my bowels.... when I was 'pushed (poked? Jab bed? fondled?) in the tummy that my bowels my be strong, the containment field failed and we had a breech of less than temple worthiness. It ended right there. I have never been chastised THAT MUCH before or since. It was 18 months before attempt 2 at taking the endowment out.... I left them endowed. Running down my leg, on their poncho and on the holy carpet.

Back to the Work in temples. WOrk? if itsz work then we should be paid. Temples would be more peopular if they gave you a credit against your tithing every time you went.

BUT

That will affect church revenue. So.... Charge an entry fee to get in the temple. if stats show scertain days or times of the year have too many or two few, raise and lower the admission fee. Celestial economics.

The Church would do good to adopt a tithing code as complicated as the tax code... perhapse even randomly call members for a tithing and celestial audit.

WALL OF SHAME!

...or a wall of exaltation! I got this idea in primary. When I was small, they had a wall of levels, or degrees, and then a star wsith each kids name on it. Depending on talks given, prayers given, and loudness in singing, their stars would rise. At the top was written 'Heavenly Fathers house' and we were all told we wanted to make it to his house.

Apparently he was giving candy to strange children or something.

Anyway, the ward bulletin board could have members names on it and their estimation of "if they died today, what degree of glory would they attain?"

TEMPLES TO THE EXTREEME!

Imagine, a talk given in GC where a bogus story (they never use bogus material in GC, but we can hope) tells about the rich man, who sold everything, gave all the money to the church and then camped out on the lawn of the temple so that he could live his life in the shadow of the lord and attend the temple, every session, every day. The most celestial existence possible.

Mormon cemeteries:
Can we have a final judgment engraved on tombstones? a sign or symbol that says which kingdom they made it to? Ressurection be dammed! (Besides, its been stated the Joe Smith has been resurrected even though his bones still lay in the ground-oh wait, just his imperfect bone that he use to penetrate teenagers). There we know where the dead stand!

Who will do RBG's work???

I KNOW!

My brothers and sisters, it has now been revealed to me that a new directive in temple work come forth!

We will have a list of famous names to go through the temple and to the side we will have an enhanced tithing donation necessary to do that name. On top of the 10%, say, if you wanted to be Marlyn Monroe (FYI, her work has already been done) you have to pay an additional $12,500.00 USD in tithes.

This will be the Church of the 21st century!

Oh darn, I seem to have went off my church meds again....

<Drinks the watery, vaguely orange, churchaid>

...eyes glass over...
...mind fogs...
...blinking stops...

I know the Church says it is true. I know Joesph Smith turned a Profit. Love Temples and Tithing. And I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ (in name of, not the spirit of, or the teachings of--we just need the name).

Amen.

Posted by: Not so hot ( )
Date: September 20, 2020 06:24PM

Every time I've bought store coffee in recent years it's given me heart palpitations.

Posted by: Oregon ( )
Date: September 20, 2020 06:54PM

Store coffee? Like what Folgers? How are you making it? You can also die from water..but you know that

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 20, 2020 07:04PM

Not so hot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Every time I've bought store coffee in recent
> years it's given me heart palpitations.

Don't eat it from the can, convenient though that it is! You have to cook it!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: September 20, 2020 11:17PM

Long ago I had a workout friend who knew coffee would improve his workouts but didn't like the taste. So yes, he always brought a can of Folgers, a spoon, and a bottle of water to the gym. He'd wash down a couple of spoonfuls, grimace, shake his head, and then start lifting.

ETA: He's the one who introduced me to boxed wine!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2020 11:18PM by Lot's Wife.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: September 20, 2020 11:28PM

I'm reporting you to the wine snobs.

Date: September 20, 2020 11:30PM

Just don't report me to Sam Harris, please!

Date: September 20, 2020 11:37PM

Yes, but can you do that with Colt 45?

Date: September 20, 2020 11:45PM

As if anyone can taste the difference between colt 45 and Pabst blue ribbon.

Date: September 21, 2020 12:07AM

Giggle. . . giggle.

Posted by: Razortooth ( )
Date: September 21, 2020 10:43AM

I know a wine snob so skilled that with one sip he can tell you the eye color of the girl who stomped the grapes.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 22, 2020 04:54PM

Nah, boxed wine is officially cool with the wine snobs. They might not drink it themselves, but it's been given the official thumbs up by wine critics for everyday consumption.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: September 22, 2020 04:52PM

It's not a good choice for everyone, and does give some people undesirable side effects. I love coffee, but if I drink it past mid-afternoon, it will keep me awake at night.

Date: September 20, 2020 08:13PM

Nightcrawlers are good for you but I still don't want to eat them.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: September 20, 2020 09:34PM

I started buying this. It is low acid and it makes a difference for me. DH is fine with regular but I was getting acid problems. Comes in several flavors and forms. I get it off Zulily when they have it and stock up.

https://www.manateecoffee.com

Posted by: Screen Name ( )
Date: September 21, 2020 07:50AM

Support black-owned coffee only.

https://youtu.be/fQ9hQyewJus

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: September 21, 2020 11:43AM

Right. Plenty of those in Utah.

And why single out coffee shops? There are plenty of other Black-owned businesses. They actually held a convention in SLC a few weeks ago to raise their profile and let people know how many Black-owned businesses there are in Utah.

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: September 22, 2020 02:53PM

Here's a great coffee company, with funny names for their products. Proceeds go to services that help sexual assault victims.

https://maliciouswomencoffeeco.com/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2020 02:56PM by doyle18.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.