Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: PinkPoodle ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 03:26PM

My cousin is the only TBM I know who is really a big Obama fan and she happens to live in Charlottesville, VA where he is scheduled to speak this evening. She was trying to impress upon her kids, ages 6 and 8 why they should take this opportunity to go see the president of the United States. Using kid logic, they replied, " What's the big deal? We see him on television all the time!"

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sisterexmo ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 04:45PM

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 04:47PM

I don't know if the rest of you are as old as I am, but back in the day when we had THREE TV stations, if the president was speaking, it was h*ll for the children.

I'm 53 now and I'm really irritated when they put him on during daytime TV programming (I work at home and leave the TV on for noise).

By the way, my TBM daughter voted for Obama. She got a lot of flack for it, too. She actually only told a few people because of how all her friends were reacting to Obama winning. There was a lot of weeping and wailing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.