Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 29, 2020 09:42PM

Have you ever wondered how mormons insult and piss off members in the community?

Read on!

Some 30 years ago, we missionaries had a brainstorm of how to increase our presence of the mormon faith and the number of people in the teaching pool. So it was decided to have an open house in the cultural hall. We planned a missionary faire complete with booths and games. (I think the games part was dropped because I don't remember any).

So the jewel of this mormon-boring-rama was a play that clearly illustrated the apostasy and the need for the "restoration". In other words we were going to have elders dressed as apostles and others dressed as priests and preachers. The narration was explicit that every religion was FALSE and only the true church was restored through good man smith.

Basically, we invited people from the community and through a malicious play told these "guests" that their faith, beliefs and MOST IMPORTANTLY that their baptism was junk because their baptism was not authorized by god.

Refreshments were the knock off brand of kool-aid (supplied by us cheapo missionaries) and the ward bought some imitation oreos (with no filling).

Don't fret. It was a total bomb. Only a handful of people accepted missionary discussions (and no baptisms). And for the few members who brought their non-member friends, they probably had some explaining to do.

***And I just thought of something that finally makes sense. The most coveted role that elders wanted to play was the priest. I now realize that some of those elders experienced the pre 1990 temple change endowment ceremony. Stan was the best part in the penalty driven ritual.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2020 09:48PM by messygoop.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: September 29, 2020 11:33PM

Did you explain that god was so large he filled the universe yet so small he dwelt in your heart?

Did you reveal that satan had the claws of a bear and a cloven hoof?

When you walked on stage did you bellow "Let us sing!"

Posted by: Ugly Ties ( )
Date: October 01, 2020 06:14PM

On my mission, we had a car and put on one of the born-again christian fish stickers. We then made a large shark sticker eating the christian fish. I don't think we made many friends...

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 01, 2020 06:22PM

Too funny

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: October 01, 2020 06:50PM

Mormons: we used to mock Christian preachers in our holy temple ceremony.

Also Mormons: please don’t mock our hosanna shout.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 01, 2020 06:53PM

Sure, if you'll put the damn hankie away!

Posted by: lurking in ( )
Date: October 01, 2020 07:03PM

I think I'll pass.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.