Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: October 03, 2020 08:22AM

This December 2020 marks the 20th anniversary of a wonderful evening spent with about twenty exmos at the home of Rauni and Dennis Higley in Sandy, Utah where they told us of their experience of Mormonism in Finland and subsequent departure from Mormonism. The mentioned their fond relationship with our very own Eric Kettunen who shared connections with Rauni's homeland of Finland.

With permission the evening was recorded and transcribed here:
http://www.salamandersociety.com/interviews/raunihigley/

Now comes another Mormon temple worker who shares a similar story of faith crisis caused by mind bending antics inside the temple whose departure from Mormonism was facilitated by the Higley's and Eric Kettunen's stories.
https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comments/iz2xei/my_experience_as_a_temple_worker/

So my "temple cap" is off to Eric and the Higleys for continuing to give the gift of shedding light on Mormonism fore those who truly wish to "investigate" the sham foundation of the cult.

Both the Higley's story and the r/exmormon temple worker story have generated much attention and comments, some of which are as enlightening as the original stories so consider scrolling down those pages into the comment sections.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: October 03, 2020 10:59AM

Yeah, experiencing the temple was one of the big doubt-causing experiences for me. It had been hyped so much -- to special, so scared. But it was just weird. This was at the SLC temple, the mothership, with (barely) live actors , moving room to room, Lucifer and the minister, throat slashings and disembowlings, the whole sheebang. I came away thinking, "So this is it, huh? This is real, full-bore Mormonism. These are the great truths. This is the center of my parents' life. Huh."

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.