Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 03, 2020 03:32PM

"Keepers at the British Lincolnshire Wildlife Centre were forced to separate five of the facility’s 200 African gray parrots because the birds kept swearing a visitors, actually encouraging each other to keep up the profanity. "We are quite used to parrots swearing, but we've never had five at the same time," the center's chief executive, Steve Nichols, told AP. "Most parrots clam up outside, but for some reason these five relish it." No visitors complained. Indeed, "When a parrot tells you to 'f*** off' it amuses people very highly," Nichols said. "It's brought a big smile to a really hard year." But it was decided it would be better to protect the ears of children."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/parrots-separated-england-zoo-cursing-swearing-at-guests/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=100884750

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 03, 2020 04:05PM

Make the parrots wear masks.

Posted by: Flibbertygibbet ( )
Date: October 03, 2020 05:04PM

I don't know why they got rid of them. I would pay to hear parrots say flibbertygibbet.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: October 03, 2020 08:12PM

these sons of bitches ~

these african gray parrots ~

should keep they mouth shut ~

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: October 03, 2020 09:25PM

This parrot was perhaps related to the potty-mouthed African Grays in the linked article...

A minister stopped into a pet shop and a parrot caught his eye because of the low asking price. The shop owner told him nobody wanted it because of its foul mouth. The religious fellow saw a bargain and took it home with him.

As soon as they arrived, the bird let loose with a string of expletives that would've done a sailor proud. The clergyman spoke to it sternly and warned there would be consequences if it persisted.

That warning only goaded the parrot further, and it let fly with another barrage of profanity.

Even Christian forbearance has its limits, and the preacher finally lost it. He grabbed the bird and stuck it in his freezer. The predictable shrieks and squawks persisted for a time, but then there was silence.

Fearing the worst, reverend finally opened the door and released his captive who was now quite subdued.

"Awfully sorry," chirped the parrot. "I promise I'll do better in the future. By the way, what did the chicken do?"

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: October 03, 2020 09:32PM

My friends parrot was taught to do a "wolf-whisale". It fooled me a couple of times. :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.