Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 03:04AM

Note: I haven't seen the final transcript so I don't know if the quote is taken out of context, but it's from a church friendly source for GC quotes.

“But if there is one thing I do know, this virus did not catch Heavenly Father by surprise,” he said. “He did not have to muster additional battalions of angels, call emergency meetings, or divert resources from the world-creation division to handle an unexpected need.”

Yep, they sure know how to deal with it. Cancel church, restrict at home sacrament participation, forbid virtual zoom meetings in certain regions of the church.

And don't forget that they ordered the priesthood, you know~ God's power not to perform any healings/blessings.

And they had a pretty good message during last GC. If you need help, pray that your [overworked] bishop will figure out how to help. Don't call us, we'll call you.

***Forgot to mention that the first known death in Utah was a geriatric temple attending high priest. Good to know the church was on top of its game in closing temples before recklessly spreading the virus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2020 03:12AM by messygoop.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 03:28AM

O ye of little faith...

says my friend Faith (an actual, living friend of mine!)

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 08:00AM

“the first known death in Utah was a geriatric temple attending high priest”

I wonder what percentage of LDS think that guy wasn’t fully living the gospel.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 11:58AM

You would think that HF would've told the big cheese Russell, Hey! You and the others need to ready yourselves to go out and do some heavy healing miracles, beginning with the state of New York, moving westward, while at the same time head over to Italy and other nations.

Every time I read something about Mr."Doubt Your Doubts", I remember his video of him comparing his cell phone with the seer stone.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 12:27PM

I found the talk by the first counselor in the presiding bishopric telling.

He preached emergency preparedness and financial independance.

Only about a year late!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 03:40PM

someday the MoLeadership will grasp the principle that inter-dependence (aka people working together) is much more practical & beneficial to society than their oft-touted 'financial independence'...

Even if you or I win a huge Lotto, we depend on others in the economy to give - exchange Value to the winnings!

financial independence is a croc unless you're 100% healthy (no need ever for docs, nurses, receptionists, equipment, dentists, etc.) dispose your own garbage, build your own dwelling, no needs for transport other than walking, your own food & water, etc etc etc.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 03:30PM

Sure as hell caught the Mormon church leaders by surprise. Well, except for the prophets, of course. They were just pretending to be surprised.

Posted by: Void K. Packer ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 11:29PM

The COB knew it was coming all along. That is why they were full on with personal protective gear, distancing and the rest before it was cool.*** Cuz word from the corner office was Elohim, Jehova nor Michael weren't helping for this one.

***Spiritual accouterments

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 11:35AM

So...WW I, Stalin's purges, WW II, Mao's purges, Pol Pot's purges, Rwandan slaughter--they didn't catch Heavenly Father by surprise either; he needed plenty of names for the dead-dunking rolls apparently.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.