Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 06:30PM

I'm seeing several posts over at r/exmo about Nelson's recent conference talk. He talked about "Jill," which some are saying is a thinly disguised reference to one of his granddaughters. Jill is apparently understandably distraught about her father's imminent death. She is also undergoing a faith crisis. She asked Rusty and Wendy to come visit her, and they did.

Could God's own prophet summon up suitable words of comfort for this woman? Apparently not. Rusty had but one word for her distress, and that was "myopic."

I have more than one word to describe Rusty, but I'll start with, "myopic."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 06:58PM

My interpretation of mormonosity is that they see this life, which is but a twinkling of the eye in terms of immortality, as having only two goals, one passive, one active: to gain a physical body and to withstand the pressures that exist to sin.

There are so many, many choice spirits who get to skip the second testing, having already proven themselves earlier, so they either die before they can sin or are not 'able' to sin.

Nothing that happens to you in this life, per mormonism, can be an excuse to 'sin'. Death, disease, brutality, injury, financial adversity, physical imperfection, loneliness, sadness... None of these are of any consequence, and your only goal is to not sin, then die, so that you can gain your celestial inheritance.

So what, if ghawd comes across as a prick! Take it like your salvation depends on it! And if Mormonism were true (as if truth could be so malleable, changeable, illogical) it would be worth it!

Parents OUGHT to kill all their kids before their 8th birthday, thus guaranteeing freakin' ghawdhood! What a deal! In gratitude, these infant ghawds could intercede on behalf of their personal savior parents! The parents did the job just like Lucifer promised to do!

The Mormon church is for adult kindergarteners who won't take the trouble to confirm the truths they've been handed. Mom and died lied about Santa Claus, and that should be a bit of an alert...

I would expect nothing less from the leaders of the church, and of each and every organization that depends on the money sent in by people stuck in the rut of belief*.

*Don't forget to contribute the occasional burnt offering to RfM!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 07:38PM

According to reports, Rusty was visibly distressed at the death of his first wife. Apparently distress is reserved for church leaders, but not the "little people."

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 08:11PM

"Do as I say, not as I do..." -Crusty Rusty

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 04, 2020 09:57PM

I knew many people like him. These types were always somewhere else.

My perception of Rusty has not changed. He's a cold individual.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.