Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Birdman ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 12:52AM

I have not been a member of the church for a long time. Some of the general authorities and other organizational presidencies are unfamiliar to me. Because of the posts I became interested in who gave the various talks in general conference. I started to look up their information on the internet. I came down to the name of lisa harkness. At the end of the first page of my search results I found the following comment, “Some results have been removed”. It was a link explaining this comment. I was wondering why someone like lisa harkness would have such a comment associated with her search results. I’m thinking this could be benign or scandalous. Anyone have an answer?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 01:03AM

I don't know that it's an 'answer', but I have information.

I'm guessing you did not use Google.

When I searched via Google, I got 17 pages of results. At the end of the 17th page, it said,

"In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 170 already displayed."

Nothing 'shady' showed up.

Maybe Google used 'omitted' and your search engine used 'removed', but they both meant to convey the same message: there's more stuff, but none of it is different.

Even the most hardened foe of the church (me!) accepts the notion that the ladies they anoint to serve in these place-holder positions are squeaky clean and are likely to remain so.

Date: October 05, 2020 01:37AM

I have a hidden motive. I don’t believe that this woman did something scandalous but there are secrets. When I heard about the Housewives of Utah program, I ran across a comment that really bothered me. They described one of the women as being part of the mormon royality. I remember not too long ago posting about the mormon hierarchy and their connections that resulted in their children being able to obtain a better education based upon their connections rather than merit. One person commented to my post claiming that I was unjustifiably envious of their success. I didn’t reply to the post because I wasn’t that interested in saving that person’s tithing money. But I believe that there is something that has been going on for a long time and it deals with money. The church is filthy rich and stupid little people like myself contributed to the financial success of this corrupt organization that is steeped in nepotism. I believe that what is being hidden is their family connections to the mormon “elite”.

alan ashton one of the founders of Word Perfect and now owner of ASH Capital is the grandson of david o mckay. ASH Capital is managed by david harkness who is the husband of lisa l harkness. I think what is being hidden are these family connections. My father used to think that these callings were based upon revelation but I maintain this whole thing is more like the Masons on many levels. I think there is merit to the comment, “Follow the money”.
* I intentional wrote some of these peoples names in lower case

Date: October 05, 2020 02:02AM

I will whole-heartedly support your thesis!

Most of us have this and/or that episode in our lives that we are very grateful won't show up on YouTube. It would be no surprise if Sis. Harkness has such an episode or two in her life.

As for your financial/social suspicions, yeah, they take care of 'their own.'

Rich people behaving scandalously in order to boost ratings? What could possibly go wrong?

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 09:54PM

“alan ashton one of the founders of Word Perfect”

What is it with Mormons and bad software? Maybe they rely on the Holy Ghost to tell them when it’s good.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 10:27PM

There was a time long ago when Word Perfect was highly regarded. At one point I need to learn a word processing program, and I chose Word Perfect over its competitors. As it turns out, I had a lot of difficulty picking it up, and eventually switched over to Microsoft's Word for Windows.

The Word Perfect that I was taught did not have a graphical interface. It was a total clean screen, more like what Notepad is today. Only you had to learn keyboard commands to do the necessary formatting. It about made me want to break out in hives. This would have been back around 1991, I think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2020 10:50PM by summer.

Date: October 06, 2020 09:34AM

1981, I bought an Osborne 1 and got WordStar.

I loved WordStar. I have no idea why it foundered.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 07, 2020 01:58AM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 1981, I bought an Osborne 1 and got WordStar.

All that just to play pong. . .

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 03:33PM

Yes! The total simple answer is BECAUSE!!!

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 03:41PM

For a simple answer, you're going to need a simpler question. I'm not sure what you are asking, but it looks like you have spun a pretty big castle out of a single word in a search engine response.

So family members work for ASH Capital. This is a surprise??? Simple answer is private companies, especially family-owned companies, often hire family. This hardly seems like cause for pearl-clutching.

Date: October 05, 2020 09:02PM

I agree my question is totally unclear. You're absolutely right there is no such thing as a mormon elite. You're also right about the leadership of the church, hardly any of them are related. I encourage you continue to pay your tithing because people like me are absolutely wrong.

Date: October 05, 2020 09:14PM

By the way if your uncertain as to the question how can you hope to construct a cogent comment?

Date: October 05, 2020 09:14PM

I love the subtlety of a pitbull in the junkyard!

Date: October 07, 2020 01:34AM

More like a pigeon walking around in the shards of his tithing receipts.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 09:41PM

Seems like a nice lady. I see no reasons to make things up for no reason. What's birdman's point?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.