Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jacko Mo Mo ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 01:08PM

Eight hours! Yikes! It just drones on and on. I'll suggest a compromise, go with one two hour session on Saturday and one on Sunday. Two hours allows time to include some nice musical numbers. Cut out the redundant subject matter and select for quality. There should be three, at the most four, quality talks, at each of the two sessions.

This was one stale conference. Partly no doubt because of the lack of an in person audience. Maybe because I've been a member for so long, but the church lacks freshness and vibrance. It's kind of stuck in a rut. As Ray Kroc the founder of McDonald's Hamburgers once stated, when you're green you're growing when you're ripe you rot.

One other thing, it takes a little more effort to pull off in this church, but I realized while watching conference I'm going to be a semi-active the rest of my life, like I have been for twenty years plus. No way I am ever paying tithing again, maybe I'll make some humanitarian donations here and there, I'll assist ward members where and when I can, no temple, etc.

How did blacks get to be the designated U.S. minority. Heck, native Americans were the victims of genocide and their land taken. Black slavery was facilitated by African tribal leaders.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 01:27PM

Nope, needs to back to three days again so they can be sure the April conference has one session on April 6 - Jesus birthday.
They used to do this.

Bring it back - along with Gold and Green Balls, All Church sports tournaments and all the activities that helped make a community of ward and stake members.

As it is now it is divisive and pushes members away.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 02:17PM

They need religious video gaming!

They need to plot gaining ghawdhood via video gaming!

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 03:15PM

I used to go outside (at the stake center) whenever BKP and other assholes used to speak. Don't let them enter your mind.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 03:20PM

COME ON !!!
The power trippers need a platform to try for more power!
Did anybody watch their eyes?
The eyes told all.
I did not percieve their eyes to shout truth.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 03:24PM

I apologize for taking issue with you, but two hours would be vastly too long for General Conference.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 08:08PM

Two minutes is too long for general conference.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 08:09PM

Yes, but I'll take what I can get.

And then change the channel.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 04:17PM

I too remember the good old days when it was three days long. Count your blessings.

What we need is a Bingo card for each GC. RFM should work on that for next April. :)

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 05, 2020 08:12PM

How did blacks get to be the designated U.S. minority. Heck, native Americans were the victims of genocide and their land taken. Black slavery was facilitated by African tribal leaders.
It depends on who your spoksman is.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.