Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 15, 2020 11:24PM

"These Remdesivir, Hydroxychloroquine, Lopinavir and Interferon regimens appeared to have little or no effect on hospitalized COVID-19, as indicated by overall mortality, initiation of ventilation and duration of hospital stay."

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.10.15.20209817v1.full.pdf

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: October 15, 2020 11:30PM

Just remember, what you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening.

Posted by: Anonymous Muser ( )
Date: October 15, 2020 11:45PM

Ah, but what about oleandrin, the MyPillow guy miracle treatment?

What is WHO hiding? Who is WHAT hiding? WHY is WHO hiding WHAT? And WHEN will WHO stop hiding WHAT?

Date: October 15, 2020 11:49PM

WHO's on first ?

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 16, 2020 01:22PM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WHO's on first ?
What's on second
I don't know's on third

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: October 16, 2020 01:15PM

Waiting for Laetrile to make a comeback. Google if unfamiliar.

Edit: I googled it myself. I though it had long since gone away, but I was wrong. It was a quack cancer "drug" way back when surrounded by the usual conspiracy theories about government suppression of a miracle cure.

Sale and transport is still illegal, but google produced a string of ads for it.

There's a sucker born every minute

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2020 01:24PM by Brother Of Jerry.

Date: October 16, 2020 10:09PM

Killed Steve McQueen

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 16, 2020 01:39PM

Such a surprise what with the "Celebrity" endorsement and all.

Date: October 16, 2020 05:53PM

Idiots.

Why would people waste time on those drugs when bleach will do the trick?

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: October 16, 2020 06:23PM

Next they'll tell us that we're not protected from COVID-19 if we're plugging our ears, shutting our eyes, and shouting, "La la la! It's just like the flu! La la la!"

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 17, 2020 12:53AM

There was some magical elixir of drugs brought out to keep 45 going. He is overweight, age-wise in a very high risk group, and didn't seem any more slowed down by COVID than if he'd had a hangnail.

Did they maybe lie about his having COVID in the first place??

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: October 17, 2020 03:41AM

He's also poor which is another risk factor. :)

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: October 17, 2020 02:44PM

catnip Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did they maybe lie about his having COVID in the
> first place??

I don't think so. Multiple other attendees at one of his WH events contracted the virus around the same time. Also, he was observed to seem short of breath soon after his release from hospital. Too, what would be the advantage to him to lie about succumbing to COVID, a condition he has downplayed and mishandled? You'd think he'd want to keep attention off it altogether. And would an entire cadre of MDs back up such an egregious lie? I would seriously hope not.

I don't see what's in it for him to lie about that. Unless the show of bravado upon recovery is a plus in what passes for his mind?

Sorry - this is likely too partisanly political. But can a Canadian be considered partisan about another country? I can't help on this topic expressing my disdain for someone who is careless and ignores public health measures but then takes full advantage of preferential medical care unavailable to most others in the known universe. NOT FAIR (as he would whine).

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 17, 2020 12:05PM

I'll have you know the Dear Leader will proclaim which drugs are effective. WHO needs to stand down. Dear Leader's opinion, not data, is what we now use to make decisions about effectivity.
Agree or be fired.

j/k (I hope)

Date: October 17, 2020 12:10PM

It's like when Mao Zedung would make these grandiose statements unfounded in reality. We need industrialization, we need metal, so every home should have a small foundry in the back yard to produce steel.

Great Leap Forward. Tons of backyard smelters, very few of which worked and none of which covered their costs: all paid for by dirt farmers who sacrificed their food for the work.

In a cult, members readily believe what is true. Leaders can persuade them to kill themselves, to kill others, to abandon conventional morality and conventional science to do what is foolish as a matter of fact. Cults distort reality and strengthen by making their members hurt.

If the shoe fits. . .

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: October 17, 2020 12:32PM

It's astounding to realize how susceptible humans are to lemming/cult-like behavior. They don't question. They are gullible. I suppose throughout history many of the ones who weren't got killed.

It kills me how people can't see how manipulated they are. They seem to go out of their way to allow it.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 17, 2020 12:42PM

Many (most?) humans will overlook anything and everything to get the one thing they want. Makes them "easy pickings."

Posted by: decultified ( )
Date: October 17, 2020 01:11PM

Similar to Brigham's Iron and Silk Missions. Although much smaller in scale than Mao's, still bad ideas, and only possible within a cult-like environment – which the theocracy of Old Deseret unquestionably was.

Date: October 17, 2020 04:40PM

Once you've joined a cult and made huge sacrifices in terms of money, friends, and autonomy of conscience, the impulsion to go farther is overwhelming because otherwise you are admitting that you've wagered your life on a lie. Isolated and pressured, Mao's citizens and BYU's subjects had no viable choice: say no to the cult and live ostracized in Deseret?

It is easier, to be sure, than trekking back across the country and taking a ship back to England.

Date: October 17, 2020 05:22PM

AKA "the sunk cost syndrome" .

Date: October 17, 2020 05:24PM

A very important element of Mormonism and other cults, religious and political.

I can't afford to have been wrong.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.