Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Toronto Boy ( )
Date: October 17, 2020 06:44PM

why has world not heard from him since pandemic?
I was taught being raised in the church that the President of the Church is also the prophet to the world. He is to give God's counsel to the world population and like prophets of old, call the world to repentance. I have neither seen or heard any news reports from him but I see news reports from the Pope.
Is Dusty Rusty afraid to be bold prophet like the ancient prophets were. How about being like Samuel the Lamanite?
Or is Church afraid it will get sued and the lawyers are controlling what prophet says or does.
Here in Toronto they know there is a Pope but not a prophet.
Maybe the top guys knows he is not receiving any information for the world. He should be honest and tell the saints and the world that is not happening.
I have heard thru the grapevine that the church is begging members to return to the meeting houses on Sunday instead of watching it on zoom, etc. They are begging the members that its important to attend church on Sunday to partake of sacrament if nothing else. I have attended once or twice since meetings opened up. Sacrament is not same. You watch everyone scrub up between dishing out bread and water. No singing. And you must leave building immediately. No socializing. Oh yes sacrament cups have just enough water to wet lips so as not to splash anywhere. The most fun part is watching person conducting clean microphone, podium, etc after each speaker uses it. Second counselor gets the prize for most efficient technique and most entertaining way to let members know the "This mic is now cleaned." And they wonder why I won't go back to Church. Church has lots its soul.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: October 17, 2020 08:18PM

When Hinckley was asked if he was a prophet he said "I am sustained as such."

I don't think anyone that followed him would answer different.

I am thoroughly amazed that as a physician he can't stand up and say "wear a mask".

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 18, 2020 06:30PM

The most useful counsel Rusty could give is health advice: Wear a mask, socially distance, and avoid large crowds. Of course that would put the kibosh on church services, and we can't have that, can we?

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: October 18, 2020 12:07PM

So, now the bread is sanitized, and not touched bare handed by snot nosed kids?

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: October 18, 2020 01:20PM

In the past, profits could make ridiculous claims and assertions because they operated in a small echo chamber. In this high-tech era, they have to watch what they say because it can be amplified instantly all across the world. It’s not hard to make fun of someone on a wide scale, like televangelists or third world dictators, or even or own politicians. The main thing the profit has going for him at this point is that no one outside of MORmONism gives two hoots about him. But if he makes himself a laughingstock, that could change rapidly.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 19, 2020 01:42PM

Hey!!! Come on!!!
He's just trying to make a buck here and there!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2020 01:43PM by thedesertrat1.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.