Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: October 18, 2020 09:44AM

Anyone with legal expertise care to conjecture what will happen?

It seems clear to me and probably everyone else that Chad and Lori are responsible for the deaths of the children, even if Alex was the actual murderer. My hope is that the prosecution team are meticulously building a 1st Degree murder case.

What has to happen for Mr. and Mrs. Murderer to be charged - in the deaths of the children as well as in the deaths of the spouses?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: loislane ( )
Date: October 18, 2020 11:10AM

<<<<What has to happen for Mr. and Mrs. Murderer to be charged - in the deaths of the children as well as in the deaths of the spouses?>>>>

Evidence, evidence, and more evidence.

An eyewitness or two would come in handy.

LE probably has all that and more. A lot has been leaked in this case, but a lot more is under wraps, to be revealed at the appropriate time. No hurry to charge with Conspiracy. Mr. and Mrs. Daybell aren't going anywhere.

This should not be difficult. I mean these are the folks who buried the children in CD's backyard, where there was all of Yellowstone, all of Idaho to hide them in. What kind of murderer hides the bodies in a place where they are certain to be discovered, and where their discovery will implicate the murderer?

C&L thought people would be too busy dealing with the apocalypse to have time to deal with murder. They must have misfigured. Two bodies in the backyard are kinda hard to explain away.

But no hurry. Neither one of them is going anywhere.

So LE can build their airtight case. Melani Gibb and Jason Mow (a former police officer) will be star witnesses.

Maybe we will finally find out the poison that killed Alex and Tammy.

On the other hand, do we really want this information made public-- an undetectable poison that mimics a heart attacK?

So maybe it's better that we never know.

But rest assured, they WILL be charged.

As long as they remain alive so they can be charged.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 18, 2020 11:46AM

I want to believe that mormon jurors would vote to convict, and then leave it to their Mormon ghawd to sort things out in the eternies.

Any reasonable doubt should be dismissed, by Mormon jurors, as part of their personal vote to de-love them, as in a court of love.

The conclusion is easily reached and supported that at the very least, their possible 'after the fact' appraisal by the dynamic duo of what Alex had done was that they were happy with his acts. Their behavior when the bodies were discovered certainly allows for reasonable men to reach that conclusion.

One possible avenue of appeal: While conclusions were easy to reach, there was no "Evidence" that these conclusions amounted to 'truth'.

One factor that will hinder their defense: lack of money.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: October 18, 2020 11:53AM

Jesus didn’t bust them out yet? What kind of God is Lori?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 18, 2020 01:42PM

Plenty of lawyers are researching paat Idaho published decisions relating to circumstantial evidence, and accessory crimes, before & after the fact.

eyewitness testimony regarding the deaths themselves probably sparce or non-existent.

Posted by: britintexas ( )
Date: October 18, 2020 02:20PM

I think come the trials these two cases will be full of surprises.

There may be more people involved, and i for one would hate to be on the jury of any of these cases. Who ever the jury is may need councelling after.

Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: October 18, 2020 06:42PM

I am curious why Lori gets off free when she collected social security funds on the children while they were dead. No charges or hint of charges for that blatant fraud.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 18, 2020 06:47PM

How long ago did they die? Does anyone who know will tell?

I'm pretty sure the payments stopped a while ago.

Posted by: loislane ( )
Date: October 18, 2020 07:56PM

There are so many charges that are going to be made against this woman that SS will just have to get in line.

But she ain't going anywhere.

And I think SS knows she won't have the funds to pay them back.

So they've got bigger fish to fry.

Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: October 18, 2020 08:29PM

Do you suppose they could sell their romantic Hawaiian honeymoon video as an ad for an online dating service or a romantic vacation resort spa?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.