Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: expikachu ( )
Date: October 27, 2020 05:56PM

I have no idea, like, if bishops or stake presidents know about how it’s bullshit.

Also if you can give any advice to me (I’m 14) please comment in this thread too
https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2341807

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: loislane ( )
Date: October 27, 2020 06:24PM

The short answer to your question is: Anybody who wants to can know whatever they want to know about the LDS church and its history. That used to not be the case. Now it's almost impossible not to know. If people don't know it's because they don't want to know.

As for advice, I'll give you the same advice I would give to my 14-year-old self: Life goes on for a long long time. I mean, a LONG time. Learn whatever you can from the situation you are in now. Don't try to enlighten your parents, they don't want to be enlightened. You will not be in this situation forever.

What I learned from my LDS church experience was that many other events in my life mimicked the charade of the LDS church -- relationships, career. When i was in the thick of it I couldn't see what was going on. Hindsight is 2020. Take care of yourself, because in the end you are the only one you can 100 percent depend on. So give yourself a break. You have been pretty dependable so far.

Love your parents. That's about all you can do right now, and god knows they need your love.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.