Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 16, 2020 10:38PM

In today's Seattle Times, mention of KJ's name being considered, a bit premature, but...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 16, 2020 11:05PM

I think he might be a good choice actually. He walked the walk when it comes to answering all that trivia stuff. That's more than I can say about most other choices.

Of course, we'd probably notice even more dumb Mormon-related questions than we already do.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 17, 2020 10:47AM

I thought there was an interview where Alex thought the next host should be female.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 17, 2020 11:29AM

Trebek half-jokingly said he wanted Betty White to host. I'm on the LeVar Burton bandwagon--he's famous, he's smart, and he's got the likeable personality. Jennings is personable, although can be just a bit snarky (which I like), but I think they should keep him as an consulting producer.

Although if it could be someone from 'Star Trek', I wouldn't gripe about Terry Farrell. :-)

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 17, 2020 11:47AM

Allison Janney, just because...

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: November 17, 2020 02:48PM

I hope not. Jennings is a smart guy and a nice guy. But, he has the charisma of wilted lettuce.

Date: November 17, 2020 03:52PM

I'm pretty sure the producers have a better handle on what person they'd like to find & hire than any of us, but it's fun to speculate, especially regarding KJ who I believe is writing a book now.

I hope his marriage & children don't go off the track bc of his winnings!

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: November 25, 2020 03:59PM

Ken is just a guest host. I think they are going to invite several guest hosts and see who tests best with the audience.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: November 25, 2020 05:00PM

I'm hoping maybe Jeopardy James. I will miss Alex though. Clear diction and good accents on foreign words and phrases, learned and well travelled plus a palpable enjoyment of the game and the players. A very tough act to follow. Plus he was Canadian so we had an extra soft spot for him. I read that he wanted to always have a Canada connection to at least one clue a game. Sadly, not too many US players ever got a correct answer on those ones!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2020 05:01PM by Nightingale.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 25, 2020 04:29PM

Story out there today about Jennings have posted tweets about handicapped persons that may get him in trouble...real news or false news? I know who he is but I am not a jeopardy fan.

Posted by: ufotofuNLI ( )
Date: November 28, 2020 11:29PM

He said something like they were a turn-off or a buzzkill.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 25, 2020 10:34PM

Tom Bergeron is available. He's the former host of Dancing With the Stars. He's witty, can think on his feet, and can save situations that are starting to go south. He's won an Enemy and been nominated many times more.

Posted by: RichardtheBad (not logged in) ( )
Date: November 26, 2020 10:10PM

My vote goes for John Cleese. Or Alice Cooper.

I met Ken Jennings once. Nice enough guy. But I did have to correct him on the difference between paleontology and archaeology.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 28, 2020 11:53PM

I don't know Ken, only that he was a super champion on the show.

That said, how is he as a host?

A good host should make contestants feel welcomed and maintain a fair level of playing and equitable in applying the rules of the game to everyone.

Just because a person is a genius or high intelligence doesn't necessarily mean that he/she is a good host.

Trebek was a good fit, highly enthusiastic and charismatic. I think he will be difficult to replace.

Date: November 29, 2020 01:32AM

Good Points, mg

I think people like to think super-smart people are good in all respects.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.