Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cauda ( )
Date: November 17, 2020 04:56PM

Do the mormons top the other churches when it comes to cuisine?

Packing pounds or levite slim.

What is the trend?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 17, 2020 05:12PM

I can tell you that there is really no such thing as Catholic cuisine. Instead, each family's food tends to reflect its culture. My father had an Irish mom, so corned beef and cabbage was our norm on St. Patrick's day. My Polish/Russian maternal grandmother made wonderful potato pancakes and stuffed cabbage.

Years ago there was a Catholic custom of meatless Fridays (I think that still may be the case during the Lenten season.) When I was a child, meatless was normally interpreted to include fish. In my family, fish and chips were a normal Friday evening dinner. Although I am no longer a practicing Catholic, I often still enjoy fish for my Friday supper. Fish on Friday is comfort food for Catholics.

Growing up, Sunday evening was my mom's "day off" for cooking. We just had whatever was easy to prepare.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: November 20, 2020 01:26PM

Just a factoid: per Cracked.com (who are always 100% reliable, of course), McDonalds introduced the Filet-o-Fish (or however you spell it) specifically for the Catholic market.

Posted by: ufotofuabbaufotofu ( )
Date: November 17, 2020 05:42PM

No

Mormonism is always at the bottom

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: November 17, 2020 07:38PM

I'm not sure there is a Mormon Cuisine as much as local. Cuisine.

There is the infamous mormon funeral dinner of cheesy potatoes, ham, jello and weak punch.

In the 60s there were recipes in the relief society magazine that included non alcoholic drinks for parties and the obligatory savory jello dish. (Tuna and green jello!) But I think that was more the era than mormonism.

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: November 17, 2020 08:55PM

Judging by the number of pot luck dinners I have attended, in Mormon churches and others, cuisine is too fine a word to use in such a discussion.

Posted by: logged off today ( )
Date: November 17, 2020 10:15PM

Mormon cuisine = the dessert table at Chuck-A-Rama.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.