Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: November 18, 2020 11:06AM

Selfish, arrogant, and stupid lead to dangerous.

You are better off with a Happy Meal. You even get a toy instead of a funeral to go to.

Keep up the no-mask thing you religiosos. Keep advertising who you are so we know who to steer clear of.

In interviews people are disclosing that they are getting Covid tests even without symptoms or reason to believe they have been exposed to prove they are negative before going to their Thanksgiving Galas maskless. Of course health experts as well as those with common sense know you can test neg one day and pos the next and a test from a week ago is useless as a CTR ring.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: November 18, 2020 11:28AM

You are so right, Done & Done.

I've also never seen the logic with indoor dining. Customers wear a mask in the restaurant, but take it off while they're eating and talking. They finish the meal and leave, but they also leave behind any covid germs they might have for the next group to take their place in their seats.

None of this makes any sense or logic at all, whether it's this or negative results.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 18, 2020 05:06PM

Diners in a restaurant are also exposing their server. I know the servers need to earn a living, but that's brutal.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: November 18, 2020 11:54AM

It's not hard to find evidence in support of the proposition that selfish, arrogant, and stupid are the standard settings for homo sapiens.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 18, 2020 11:57AM

I'd like to see that evidence. You are coming from a single culture and judging the entire race.

Date: November 18, 2020 12:06PM

Au contraire, mon frere! I am coming from a single race and judging all cultures!

Date: November 18, 2020 12:09PM

You wear your misanthropy sloppily in my opinion.

Date: November 18, 2020 12:17PM

In my mind, it's not misanthropy, it's simple analysis of extensive personal observations: humans are, in the majority of those I've observed, often selfish, frequently arrogant and stupid, when one takes into consideration what they ought to do versus what they end up doing. And of course (and maybe tainting my conclusions) I am in constant observation (but not judgment) of myself.

There is the way we ought to be and there is the way we are. The two seldom intersect.

Date: November 18, 2020 05:20PM

You are blinded to the beauty, intelligence, and capacity for kindness in the creatures because you are seeing their selves and selfishness behind their eyes. Also, evaluating what ought instead of what is is exactly what you ought not to do.

Words and actions never could be in sync because words fail us more than they serve us in regards to seeing our fellow beings. We aren't just the conversations in our heads nor the articulated desires and self importance we use to calm the frightened creature inside of us.

Date: November 18, 2020 12:00PM

I like the combo better when it's a once in a while source of amusement rather than a possible attack on my old lungs, or my mother's lungs, or anybody's.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 18, 2020 05:08PM

PBS Frontline documented a 28 year old woman who needed a double lung transplant after getting Covid. And she's not the only one. I've heard of other Covid patients needing the same.

I remember in the early days of the pandemic, there was a web article about a Chinese doctor in Wuhan who talked about the tremendous lung damage that can result from Covid. I remember there were a bunch of x-rays with the article showing the damaged lungs. IIRC it was somewhere between 20-30 lung images. The damage the physician was describing was not at all unusual.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/article/i-have-someone-elses-lungs-meet-a-28-year-old-who-survived-covid-19-via-a-double-lung-transplant/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2020 05:11PM by summer.

Posted by: ufotofuabbaufotofu ( )
Date: November 18, 2020 10:49PM

ANOTHER C-19 topic?

I guess if that's all people think about that's all they want to talk about.

sheesh

maybe OP can "shake" it...
Or learn how to title a post

"Would you like fries with that combo?"

Where is the BEEF?

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: November 18, 2020 11:52PM

ufotofuabbaufotofu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ANOTHER C-19 topic?
>
> I guess if that's all people think about that's
> all they want to talk about.

Keeps us from talking about politics! (And NO, that's not a hint!)

Date: November 19, 2020 09:43AM

If I annoyed you my work is done. That was possible because of who you are.

As long as we are being catty . . .

Posted by: ufotofuabbaufotofu ( )
Date: November 21, 2020 12:24AM

Done & Done Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If I annoyed you my work is done.

No such luck (you would have to try a lot harder than that)
So keep up the work...

(talking about a virus but calling it a happy meal- no big deal)

You work
I play

Live to title a post another day
But titles come and go, while,
Hopefully the subject changes

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: November 20, 2020 02:46PM

Personally, when I was a young person, I was taught to gather information for myself, then determine it's veracity, then act on it.

In these, the latter days, it appears that personal decision making is outre'. In lieu of making one's own personal risk evaluation, it is now acceptable, nay, encouraged to follow and embrace the loudest screed of demands...

I trust my own investigative and reasoning ability over that of the screaming mobs, thankyouverymuch.

Translation: I wear a mask because the evidence tips in favor of caution and I resent being 'told what to do' as if I have no ability to think for myself.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2020 02:49PM by csuprovograd.

Date: November 20, 2020 03:16PM

Your translation says it all for me. Thank you.

I hate to be told what to do as much as the next person. Can't stand it. I don't wear the mask because somebody told me to. I wear it because the evidence which is substantial makes it the smart and the caring choice.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.