Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 19, 2020 06:43PM

Over 900 staff members at the Mayo Clinic Health System in the Midwest have tested positive for the novel coronavirus over the past two weeks, multiple outlets reported on Thursday.

https://people.com/health/over-900-mayo-clinic-staff-midwest-contract-coronavirus/

On the CBS Evening News, it was reported that in Idaho, one in four Covid tests are coming back positive, and there are people there who are still refusing to wear masks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: November 19, 2020 08:11PM

It's getting pretty bad here in SE Idaho.

I talked to a pharmacist who heard about one of the recent COVID deaths here. The patient's last words were about insisting it wasn't COVID and they probably had lung cancer instead. There was denial to the very end that COVID doesn't exist. Bizarre.

More people seem to be wearing masks but they don't seem very serious about it. The health care professionals are dead tired already.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: November 19, 2020 08:44PM

Obviously those who claim covid is a hoax won't take the vaccine when it is available. Right? That would be ridiculous to get inoculated against something that doesn't exist. Love to see the numbers on that some day.

That guy says you can't fix stupid, but I don't think you can fix religious arrogance either especially the Idaho brand. Hope the Mayo people all pull through. The disregard of the maskless toward these selfless health care workers is unfathomable to me.

Someone shared a very telling conversation from tweets, or one of those social media things, that is making the rounds (don't know how to link it) that made me laugh and a bit sad at the same time:

"Your parents are religious extremists and a bit thick. Not only are they sending you to a pretend therapy camp (conversion therapy has been heavily disproven), they're also sending you to a camp FILLED with a bunch of gay kids. Also you're bi so you've got full access to the buffet table."

"Wait, how the fuck is a camp still open with covid?"

"let's be real, the venn diagram of people who think covid is fake and people who think you can pray away the gay is just a circle."

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 19, 2020 09:45PM

I have held a strong opinion that the virus best spreads when people are eating.

I did a simple G search of covid spreading through dining out. The search results are interesting that many articles were suggesting that around the first week of September. Then poof!

No more articles save for a WSJ article last week that defends restaurants providing a safe environment for dining.

I am suggesting that people want to dine out, even if the risk is great. [Nobody eats while wearing a mask, and most people don't want to eat alone].

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 20, 2020 10:55AM

... meanwhile over at the miracle whip clinic ...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.