Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Twinker ( )
Date: November 20, 2020 09:01AM

As investigators are now looking into the death of Lori's 3rd husband, Joseph Ryan, it appears Alex was again in the picture, having threatened once before to kill Ryan.

"Brother Alex" seems to be a busy fellow, having killed Lori's 4th husband, Charles Vallow, shot at Daybell's wife, Tammy, and likely involved in the deaths of the children, JJ and Tylee.

My question for anyone who is knowledgeable about the Book of Mormon is, does Alex have a counterpart in that "scripture"? Who does he think he was?

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/11/16/how-did-lori-vallows-third-husband-die-police-are-now-investigating/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2020 09:03AM by Twinker.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 20, 2020 10:37AM

Porter Rockwell.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 20, 2020 10:38AM

Exactly.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: November 20, 2020 11:41AM

Also: most of the characters in the book. let's start with Nephi, who felt justified in killing Laban over some brass plates that never existed and that were not needed anyway. Then there; Ammon, who chopped off all those robbers' arms. And then all those wars- in which there was never a mention of negotiations, attempts at reconciliation or cultural exchanges. People were killed just because somebody said they were the bad people. Then you can throw in all that Gadianton robber stuff, and you have all the conditions for Alex Vallow.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: November 20, 2020 11:05AM

This reads like an episode of 'Criminal Minds', where the unsub turns out to be the BoM.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: November 21, 2020 01:18PM

Chicken N. Backpacks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This reads like an episode of 'Criminal Minds',
> where the unsub turns out to be the BoM.
And I thought that I was the only one here that watched Criminal Minds

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 20, 2020 02:54PM

Relax, folks; God was merely testing them; some passed, others Failed.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: November 20, 2020 03:32PM

Posted by: loislane ( )
Date: November 21, 2020 10:45AM

Actually, I don't think Alex is that religious. I don't think he spends that much time reading scripture, let alone identifying with any figure in any scripture.

Lori, on the other hand DEFINITELY has a scripture role model. His name is JOB. Lori told her son, Colby, that if he wants to know what she is going thru, just read the book of Job.

This is scary. In the book of JOB God allows Satan to mess with Job any way he wants. Kill his wife and children, burn his house down, curse him with boils. Anything at all. Job will still be loyal to God, 'cause that is the kind of man Job is

Well here is what bothers me: Job's wife and Job's children all get killed. But no problem. God will make it up to old Job. He makes sure Job gets a new wife and new children.

So one lesson learned is that wives and children are frangible. One child is as good as another. Like if you lost a dollar bill, and someone gave you a new dollar bill, you would never say "But I want the very same bill I lost." You would feel that your loss had been restored. According to the Book of Job the same goes for children.

So did Lori feel that if she killed her children, she would be given NEW children, perhaps even better than the children she lost, who had turned into zombies?

And did she likewise feel that if she killed her current no-good husband, God would send her a new and improved husband, just like he did for Job and HIS wife and children?

Anyway, Job was IT for Lori, although I have to admit Job wasn't much of a warrior and Lori was a wannabe warrior

As for ALex, I often wonder who he would've been if not for Lori. He did okay as a standup comic. His routine was x-rated, and he said sacreligious things, so I really don't think he was into religion. I even heard he got ex-d but I don't know for what. I think I would have kinda liked him if not for the fact that he killed people, but I got the feeling he wouldn't have killed anyone if not for Lori. He and his brother Adam had a tight bond. I could tell n the videoclip I watched of the two of them. There was a time when they were close brothers who loved and supported one another.

But Alex DID kill people, and that is a deal-breaker when it comes to me liking people.

Lori prayed every day and she read her scriptures every day, but none of that redeemed her.

So I guess I'll have to try something besides prayer and scripture reading if I want to get redeemed.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: November 21, 2020 09:00PM

When you’re a God, you’re allowed to have people bumped off.

The ladies she’s rooming with know she killed her own children. I wouldn’t expect her to like her new digs.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.