Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: November 21, 2020 04:58PM

Just dip into your $100 Billion rainy day fund and help the "Lord's University". After all, you are in charge of that enterprise. Lots of BYU fans have paid dearly to that rainy day fund.

Good grief. Why is this even news?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Honest TB[long] ( )
Date: November 22, 2020 10:59PM

This makes me sad. Poor Heavenly Father is having some financial troubles on Earth in his school's athletics department. I'll have to go take a peek at my bank account and see if we can put some money towards this important cause. When the Cougars triumph its supposed to cause droves of people to start investigating our beloved wondrous church and thus become assimilated into being good obedient sheep. But unless Heavenly Father can come up with some money then this won't be possible and those people will never be taught to think like I do in such a wondrous peculiar way.

Posted by: forgotme ( )
Date: November 21, 2020 05:02PM

That explains the desperate social media blitz!

Posted by: annon1 ( )
Date: November 21, 2020 05:23PM

No thanks. I'll give to the Food Bank and donate to help those who have lost homes and loved ones in the recent hurricane. Helping a football team to get out of debt is WAY down on my list. In fact, it's not even on the list.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: November 22, 2020 07:21PM

annon1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No thanks. I'll give to the Food Bank and donate
> to help those who have lost homes and loved ones
> in the recent hurricane. Helping a football team
> to get out of debt is WAY down on my list. In
> fact, it's not even on the list.
YEAH VERILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: November 21, 2020 06:01PM

Let them go bankrupt.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 21, 2020 07:00PM

If they’re $ 20 in the red, that means someone ( corporate or individual) loaned them $20 mil.

Too Bad, So Sad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2020 07:00PM by GNPE.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 21, 2020 07:19PM

Would be s chuckle if they ditched it like they did at BYUI

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: November 21, 2020 07:53PM

So, the BYU athletic department is hoping that alumni and fans will make up the shortfall. And perhaps they will. Good luck to them with that. It's a lot of money to make up.

Date: November 21, 2020 08:04PM

All it takes is 20 contributions of $1 mil!

Ken Jennings, Huntsmans & Miller’s... How about Rufus & this posse of 14?

They’ll want in on that opportunity, you Bet Ha!!!

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: November 21, 2020 08:07PM

Jesus tried to write them a check but was quickly ejected from campus for having a beard and long hair.

Posted by: The original MOI! ( )
Date: November 21, 2020 08:29PM

Well, I couldn't care less. Don't give a crap about sports. Never did, never will. Even the mighty little 'gods', the Raymond Comets, can all just F the hell OFF. Anything 'comet' in Raymond, even unto red and white Christmas lights can piss the hell off in the filthiest way possible.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 22, 2020 12:18AM

Agreed when it comes to all thing Comet. My little brother played basketball against the Comets in their golden age in the late 1960s for their arch enemy LCI Rams.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2020 12:25AM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Posted by: The original MOI! ( )
Date: November 22, 2020 06:55PM

I hope your brother and the LCI Rams beat the everloving shit out of the 'god almighty' comets. Too many people in Raymond worship sports more than God. Even at Christmas when some perceived the new white LED lights as 'blue' they whined, bitched, and moaned until the town replaced them with red lights. Any lights that aren't red and white are frowned upon. Therefore I use anything BUT red and white effin' lights. I expect to have a brick thrown through my window one of these times. Some people put red and white lights on their houses, but in the shape of that damn comet graphic that's on T-shirts, etc. Then there's that damn Sugar Bowl the day after Christmas. People can't wait for Christmas to get the hell out of their way so they can go to the high school gym (temple) and worship their comets. I swear, there must be a mass masturbation event when Sugar Bowl is on. And the town is in dept millions of dollars because a mayor with grand kids that play football wanted to leave his legacy and built a big football stadium. My GOD this town needs an enema. What's funny is when these little 'god comets' leave high school and go out in the world, then they're nothing. LOL!

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 21, 2020 11:59PM

It shouldn't be surprising when the cost of tuition is increased.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 23, 2020 10:53AM

God will sort it out.

I guess they should have pushed hard with boostering their flagship school's sports for a rainy day fund instead of for Prop H8te. They lost that game.

Posted by: athlete ( )
Date: November 23, 2020 05:28PM

He couldn't make a hole in one if he tried. He isn't a good sport.

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: November 24, 2020 11:07PM

Easy to say let them go bankrupt, but there are alot of jobs attached to sports that will be lost - ushers, maintenance, vendors, etc. Entire industries will be devastated.

It is not just BYU, and it is not just sports. As an NCAA executive said, many colleges are going to go under:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2020/10/16/ncaa-executive-sports-covid-related-woes-could-linger-into-2023/3682211001/

“There's going to be a lot of challenges going forward with championships. So, there's a revenue model there and the revenues are not coming in. But I think if we take a step back — and I think we need to — it's not even about cutting sports. We're probably at a place where 20% to 30% of Division III schools may not survive this pandemic. And that's a whole other thing that we need to think seriously about.”

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 25, 2020 10:16AM

We aren't responsible for supporting sports for jobs. That is like saying I need to eat McDonalds to support those jobs. It is myopic and you call yourself "Free." What about free markets?

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: November 25, 2020 11:30AM

What about free beer?

Posted by: ufotofuNLI ( )
Date: November 27, 2020 12:04AM

WHAT about it mate?

Date: November 27, 2020 03:44PM

If we're forward-thinking, we know our choices - decisions - actions do effect others' lives; We're so used to thinking in legal terms (often supporting selfishness) we sometimes downplay or ignore our moral-ethical responsibilities...

If we're not 'our brothers & sisters keepers', the world will turn Very Ugly Very Quickly...

my .02

Date: November 27, 2020 04:07PM

If ChurchCo allowed sales & consumption of beer at the stadium ... And covid precautions - restrictions were observed - enforced ...

Would that effect - reduce the deficit ???

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: November 27, 2020 10:17PM

They don't even have to sale anything. Lots of cash sitting in the bank account.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: November 29, 2020 03:31AM

Such a sad Covid story!

Almost as sad as my older friend, who died, because her grandson came from the BYU dorms, to stay with her for a weekend, and gave her Covid. The BYU students did not believe in wearing masks, and kept on partying, having dances, and hooking up. I wonder how many other people BYU students killed with Covid.

Yes, hurricanes, starvation, abandoned children--that's where I paid my 10%, now, and when I was a member--not to cult temples, recruitment, advertising, broadcasting, first class tickets, bullet-proof limos, or rotten politics. (I personally know Mormon families in California, who paid $10,000 for each parent and each child, to promote Prop 8.)

BYU will get their money. But they'll never be winners. Go UTES!

Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: November 29, 2020 03:27PM

Those who donate at least $1000 will get to see the Ancient Nephite Monolith that has been removed from the Southern Utah Desert.

Personally crafted by Nephite artisans centuries ago and hidden up to come forth in these, the Latter days - it will be revealed in LaVell Edwards Stadium on the 50 yard line. Prominently displayed for all paying donors to see under the "Protective Cover" - put there so unworthy pikers who donate less won't see it and be instantly struck dead. Donors who pay the full amount and more will be able to see it clearly with their "spiritual eyes" and - if they donate at least $10,000 they will be able to touch the Holy Cloth covering it.

Donate now or forever miss your chance!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.