Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Toronto Boy ( )
Date: November 22, 2020 09:22AM

I do not recall that happening. I do not recall ever reading that in the church scriptures. For Dusty Rusty to come up with that and even to call himself that says more about his character than what he said. I have checked many news sources and no one has reported these words of comfort from this Global Faith Leader. My question is this. In this church everything is clone by sustaining. Even in our ward the person was called and sustained and set apart to repair the hymn books. Who called and sustain Dusty Rusty to this position? Did the top 15 place their hands on his head and set him apart?
Like another post on another site said this was quite the show. My Facebook is filled with pretend gratitude. I feel bad for people who are struggling with family issues, death, unemployment, trying to put food on the table, etc. I think this will just add more stress to members lives in general as they feel guilty for not being to feel gratitude as they struggle during this pandemic.
“Let’s follow the prophet” stuff. That’s what I am seeing on Facebook. What can I put on Facebook that shows everyone I am flowing the prophet. It’s the person who prays and gives thanks in quiet pray that is really showing gratitude. Giving thanks should be from the heart it should be sincere. It should be personal. I am not sure that it should be a thing people need to be commanded to do.
Dusty Rusty can look and see what he has done and feel good about himself as he sees people doing something he said for them to do. It’s all about him and you can bet there is a book deal in the making by him, Wendy or the Dew or all three.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 22, 2020 05:16PM

Is Mormonism the original Feel Good religion with a side of guilt & shame?

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: November 23, 2020 01:31AM

I never encountered the feel good part. At all.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: November 23, 2020 01:18AM

The healing power of gratitude. From a global faith leader.

Long ago the church abandoned the true purpose of the law of common consent.

It went from members having a say to members signifying they accept the will of the church.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 23, 2020 11:25AM

It is going to look great on his obit.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: November 26, 2020 04:47AM

We all know that this media-flooding campaign is just more advertising for the Mormon cult. For free. As always, let the members themselves do all the work.

Rusty is killing two birds with one stone: free advertising, plus keeping the sheeple BUSY.

I agree with Toronto Boy, that this latest mandate will just add more stress and guilt to those who are already suicidal or depressed.

No doubt, next summer (after the Covid innoculations begin, and the hate-riots subside, and businesses open up more) the cult will publish some fake statistics (researched by BYU) which will prove that the Global Faith Leader's gratitude campaign lowered the suicide rate....

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: November 26, 2020 11:30AM

I guess that would make me a Global Reason Leader.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.