Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: November 29, 2020 02:28PM

Looks like all Church members got an email from the Prophet thanking them for giving gratitude. It was sent to me a an email from the Church and was a note from the prophet.
So what is he?
A Prophet, Seer and Revelator (sustained by members as such)
A Global Faith Leader: Not sure who came up with that but he used it.
A CEO of a large corporation

Its difficult to keep up and keep these items clear in my mind.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: November 29, 2020 03:38PM

Glad they don't have my email address

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: November 29, 2020 05:58PM

Heckuva prophet that Rusty is:
"It's Thanksgiving so give thanks. And by the way thanks for giving thanks on Thanksgiving!"

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: November 29, 2020 07:29PM

"global faith leader" ~

invented by "CDC" ~

the "prophet" buys in ~

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 29, 2020 08:36PM

Sadly, the GFLeader thing was a Trial Balloon that didn't fly, I hope he gets over it...

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: November 29, 2020 08:37PM

From Rusty:

Thank you for the free advertising. You saved LDS Inc. $$$ in advertising costs by posting the #givethanks message on social media. Your efforts most likely reached millions of non-mormons and will show the world that Mormons are "normal."

This is just the beginning. Now that we realize we can use members to promote LDS Inc. on social media, I will be instructing you to post more Mormon related nonsense in the future. By posting church slogans for LDS Inc. you will be blessed in the next life.

Every Mormon an advertiser.

Posted by: Breeze ( )
Date: November 30, 2020 06:44AM

"Every Mormon an advertiser". You nailed it.

An e-mail is cheaper than a Thanksgiving or Christmas card.

Instead of a Christmas card from my Mormon self-defined "Christian" church, I would receive every year an impersonal, mimeographed form letter informing me that it was "that time of year" for me to pay my tithing. The cult had already made a settlement appointment with my bishop, and threatened that if I couldn't make the appointment assigned to me, I was to try to get hold of the bishop's secretary and go to the bother of rescheduling. Finally, I was warned that the bishop was a very important busy person who's time was very valuable, and that I must respond quickly, before all the time slots are filled.

The tone of the letter was impersonal (my name did not appear anywhere on the letter copy) and dictatorial. Even for 10% of my increase, I was not important enough for them to bother with my name. Had the cult been business-like, the letter would have had a greeting, such as "Dear Member", and would have begun on a positive note, such as, "Thank you for your many years of support" or "We appreciate your contributions."

You would expect a letter received a week before Christmas, from your own Christian church, would have a "Merry Christmas" or a mention of Christ or Love in there somewhere. I used to hang the settlement letter up as part of our Christmas card display, for my family and friends to see.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: November 30, 2020 07:09AM

Next, Rusty and the Mormons will be flooding Twitter.

They already are flooding Fakebook. Not everyone knows I left the cult, and some cult couples have told me that they have been called on "special part-time missions" to dominate Facebook. If you go on Facebook and look at the pages of Mormon mission presidents, and more prominent Mormons, their pages are suspiciously similar, with lots of Mormon advertising. It seems like a Mormon professional does all the set-up work for these people. The photos are different, but they say the identical things.

The Mormons tracked down my sons' addresses on Fakebook. They had been trying for years to find out where to send their membership records, even though they both quit Mormonism. The person who tracked them down had told me that he was on a "computer mission" for the church. When I had asked him what that meant, he was evasive, but I discovered later that he was to track down inactive members, like my sons. A member can't quit or resign--they can only become "inactive" or "less active". Anyway, this guy saw my sons in a photo with a ward member, and he contacted the ward member and coerced him into giving him my sons' addresses.

Don't trust Facebook. Change your e-mail address. Get a VPN

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 30, 2020 10:00AM

Phishing.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: November 30, 2020 10:35AM

His Royal Bumptiousness, the Dusty Rusty, could never be "back to being a prophet" as he was never one in the first place. A prophecy would indeed be a very unique, but risky, experience for his Highness, King of all Mormonia.

At least Joseph made prophecies that didn't come true. Rusty can't even do that.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 30, 2020 02:27PM

He is sustained as such!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.