Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: manymanymore ( )
Date: November 29, 2020 06:30PM

Missionary

Cards: (2) one saying "Book of Mormon" and a 1-800 #

Different Card says "Bible" and a DIFFERENT 1-800 #

Mormonism Is (always has been and always will be) Two-Faced

1 for when people think they are calling for MORMONS. The OTHER for "Christians".

ALSO, the images were different on the backs of both of these business cards: Jesus, vs. NehiLeafiMights...

The card a person gets depends on how smart or, um, gullible, or hoodwinked they are or might be. SO UNDERHANDED. Wishywashy. Unbelievable-

NEVER TRUST mormonism
It'll lie to you, promise the world - AND HEAVEN - and let you down every time.

Ever been approached by The Mormons, the "elders", or Misses/ Missionaries?/ their propaganda/ handouts/ messages/ scams/ 'programs'?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: iceman9090 ( )
Date: November 29, 2020 10:23PM

manymanymore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Huh? What cards?
Are you saying you were able to retrieve a couple of cards from mormon kid missionaries?

“NEVER TRUST mormonism”

==No reason has been given to trust them.
This isn’t like mathematics where I can read and go through the steps myself.
This isn’t like science where it goes through a peer review process, where generation after generation of unconnected individuals can verify something.

So what does science tell us about a lost tribe of Israel coming to America? Zip. There is no such evidence at all. 20 th century archaeology, genetic analysis has killed off mormonism.
There are no hebrew writings in America at all.
Reformed egyptian? The heck is that?
Joseph Smith was not able to produce a dictionary and did not produce any kind of scholarly works about it.

“ALSO, the images were different on the backs of both of these business cards: Jesus, vs. NehiLeafiMights...”

==I can understand that mormons wants to give people the impression that they are christians but there belief about becoming gods and the particular god that created planet Earth is living on Kolob ... is off the tracks of the usual judaism, christianity, islam thing. That’s just way out there.

“Ever been approached by The Mormons, the "elders", or Misses/ Missionaries?/ their propaganda/ handouts/ messages/ scams/ 'programs'?”

==No, there aren’t many of them in Canada. From what I understand, it is difficult to spread a radical new religion in first world countries. I hear that they are successful in 3 rd world countries (South America).

I would love to be approached by them. I want their papers.

~~~~iceman9090

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: December 01, 2020 02:10AM

Missionary "pass out" cards: propaganda & a contact # (1 refers to 1-800-mormons MormonBook and the "safe card" refers to s FREE BIBLE, not even making the connection that THESE ARE THE MORMONS too] the size of a business card. It's a racket!

It is a business card.
It's a business-

Date: December 06, 2020 12:52PM

moremany Wrote:
> Missionary "pass out" cards: propaganda & a
> contact # (1 refers to 1-800-mormons MormonBook
> and the "safe card" refers to s FREE BIBLE, not
> even making the connection that THESE ARE THE
> MORMONS too] the size of a business card. It's a
> racket!
>
> It is a business card.
> It's a business-

Tell those missionaries:
Does the truth matter to you? Does the truth matter to you to the point that you are ready to put aside your feelings, get out of your zone of comfort and talk about what the scientific community, professionals, has discovered?

If the truth matters, then they should talk about mormonism and also about what science has to say.
Talk about all of it. Put the entire food on the table of truth. The ENTIRE data set, not just the portion that makes you feel good.

Forget about being right. Chase after the data and go where it leads you to.

~~~~iceman9090

Posted by: moremanynli ( )
Date: December 08, 2020 01:59AM

I haven't seen missing aires in years - maybe they are like ghosts sometimes you see them and sometimes you don't - but was just remembering back in time grabbing some bomb (book of more bs) +? bible cards - wow - at a chapel about 2011.

I was ALWAYS an 'nACTIVE 'saint'.
From my Youth. It's the truth-
As an adult, thought I'd visit.

"Visited" a few LDS ward disservices & disfunctions a # of times over a period of a few years about a decade ago. Just remembering the oddity here...

But, since Mormonism is so odd, and calculating, and [milk before meat] behind the curtains, it wasn't so surprising.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 01, 2020 04:22AM

Reminds me of "Answer the Question they should have asked"...

Date: December 01, 2020 02:55PM

No, I mean being Honest, and Up Front, and completely Straight Forward...

No. Not mormonism...

It'll do whatever it can (lying, obfuscation, omitting truths & facts, saying mormonism is the only way to the kingdom of heaven... HAVING TWO DIFFERENT calling cards, with Two Entirely Different Messages, with Two different 800 #s...) to get money, er, member's (willing to support it, financially, and otherwise) money.

Date: December 06, 2020 12:59PM

moremany Wrote:

“HAVING TWO DIFFERENT calling cards, with Two Entirely Different Messages, with Two different 800 #s...)”

==That is bizarre.

“saying mormonism is the only way to the kingdom of heaven”

==That’s a claim. They are making a statement as to how reality operates, how the universe operates.
Step 2 is providing evidence that the claim is true.

A book is not evidence. Anyone can get some paper and ink and write beautiful stories.

Anyone can make a claim. I could claim that there are 5 microscopic aliens living inside my body.
Providing evidence is an entirely different thing. Not many succeed in that department.

Once proper evidence is provided, then we can start believing in the claim and not a nanosecond before.

~~~~iceman9090

Date: December 03, 2020 08:06PM

tcoJS(or.JC.I.can't.remember)OLDS...

SALT LAKE CITY — The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints just amped up the religious rivalry around who owns the name Jesus Christ.

RELIGIOUS RIVALRY?

Is that what this is (all about).?

"Recently, though, the Utah-based church replaced its official website, lds.org, with a new domain name, simply churchofjesuschrist.org, without the “Latter-day Saints” ending — a move some Christians find confusing, curious or downright offensive."

"Consider the national and international denominations United Church of Christ, Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and Church of God in Christ. There are small congregations such as the Church of Jesus Christ in Washington, D.C., the Church of Jesus Christ in Kingsport, Tenn., the Church of Jesus Christ in Peridot, Ariz., the Church of Jesus Christ in Dyersburg, Tenn. — and the list goes on and on."

"Besides mistaking one group for another, there is the question of priestly authority."

Bickertonites, get ready. The Salt Lake City church’s domain name, churchofjesuschrist.org, is very close to their own, thechurchofjesuschrist.org. Only “the” differentiates the two.

“I have a feeling,” Stone writes, the Bickertonite website “is going to be getting a lot more traffic.”

"LDS.org, Mormon.org, other Church sites and social channels make changes to reflect fool name of Church" 2018

"In an effort to reflect the full name of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and better convey the faith’s commitment to follow Jesus Christ, the First Presidency announced today changes to the names of LDS.org, Mormon.org and other Church communication channels." Spring 2019

"Mormon websites renamed in push to end use of nicknames" AP_Spring 2019
The changes mark the latest step to implement a shift ordered last year by Russell M. Nelson, president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Nelson, 94, has said the Lord impressed upon the importance of the full name and that removing the name from titles is “a major victory for Satan.” HELP! What in HELL does thay say/ mean? Anyway...

SO...

LDS changed to the'church'cultureofJC

"'Church' 'ANTI-social' media accounts will emphasize the name of the 'Savior’s Church'" aHAhaahhhhaah, UM. BUT, WHAT IS THAT NAME (especially if, and as, it keeps changing)? Or NAMES?...

TheChurchNudesdotcom-

“This is a complex effort in numerous global languages and much work remains,” wrote the First Presidency in the letter. “We encourage all to be patient and courteous as we work together to use and share THE PROPER NAME of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints [which JUST CHANGED AGAIN (To churchofJC, omitting the 'LittleDaySads')] throughout the world.”... What is that"proper" name? Jesus Christ, oh my gosh...

“I promise you that if we will do our best to restore the correct name of the Lord’s Church, He whose Church this is will pour down His power and blessings upon the heads of the Latter-day Saints, the likes of which we have never seen,” said President Nelson.See.Trump...

"For example, a new Facebook group has been established to build community and better inform individuals about Church news and updates. This group is called “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints — HUH? - Inspiration and News.” This group is designed to be a place of community and connection for Latter-day Saints, according to the press release.

"Additionally, the Church’s Twitter account username will continue to be called “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints” - WHAT? - with the display name of @ChurchNewsroom and will be the primary source on social media for news from the Church."

History:
"In 1830 the Church was organized as the Church of Christ. The Church adopted a resolution in 1834 to change the name to the Church of the Latter Day Saints to distinguish it from other Christian denominations of the time." (so, 'church' Resolution)

"Then in 1838, the Lord Jesus Christ revealed to Joseph Smith that the name of the Church is to be the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Over the years, the Church standardized the spelling and hyphenation of its name, making it The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as it is used today." (so, "JESUS" & Joseph, or JOEseeUS)

On Aug. 16, 2018, President Nelson released a statement regarding the name of the Church. “The Lord has impressed upon my mind the importance of the name He has revealed for His Church, even The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints,” he wrote. “We have work before us to bring ourselves in harmony with His will.” So is it tCoJC (Drop the "olds"?) or tCoJColds? TOO MANY CHANGES

mormon.org changed to comeuntocrust?
(someday added to main LDS websiteS)

Open a Mormon/ LDS webpage and get spagetti cords, rhetoric, the run around, links to pinks to links, confusion, a mess, rabbit hole, pile of garbage... BUT, just to list a few:

BLACKlds "
blackPAST "
Centuries of Black Mormons - HUH?
thegenesisgroup "
BibleVideos "
gays and mormons (combined?)
mormons and gays (combined?)

LDS365.c (The go-to [and never come back from] place for all things LDS, including resources and news from the Church, how to use social media and technology wisely, LDS resources for living with life’s challenges, and hand-curated lists of the best LDS resources on many topics.)

MormonHub.c (A gathering place for Latter-day Saints to stay up to date on what’s happening in the Church worldwide.)

Why SO MANY different outlets, angles, messages, lines in the water?...

MISSIONARY, WORK!
Mormon mixed msgs

Were you ensnared by mormonism?

Ever been lied to (about mormonism), before learning the truth about TSCC, by Mormon Mixed Messages, propaganda, literature, or social interaction or experience?

Any similar Missionary experiences [Passing out DIFFERENT messages, depending on...)?

Posted by: moremanynli ( )
Date: December 06, 2020 11:13AM

Mormons/ missionaries giving out a bible is like a fool trying to feed a bear. It's something they know little to nothing about.

It's out of their wheelhouse.

Posted by: nomish ( )
Date: December 06, 2020 07:42PM

LDS missionaries try to lead a horse to water, often-times only to find out it's a mirage, a "fun house", or house of horrors, or simply a one trick pony that has no head or tail.

Missionaries are simply puppets, wearing nametags, and do whatever they're told (help people, internet preach, talk to mormons...) vs. tracting.

TSCC is attempting anything to appear normal, committed, useful, practical.

Posted by: snickers ( )
Date: December 10, 2020 05:41PM

Trying anything they can

Coaching by a protestant

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.