Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: December 28, 2020 05:43AM

I'm just wondering how much of a re-visitation to 1815 we're maybe experiencing, possibly regarding the covid19 pandemic as the necessary backdrop. It has truly ungrounded a lot of Mormons (can't even use that word) in perhaps blindsided fashion. They never saw this coming. The mountain that once exploded caused a very very real and life altering nuclear winter. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1815_eruption_of_Mount_Tambora

Where do you go as a present LDS person for comfort because you can't confide in a local church or pastor because they are so evil according to Joseph's Myth doctrine.
Is this maybe the beginning ingredients involved in another Second Great (snooze) Awakening in the making?

I see the struggling faces of the LDS parishioners not really equipped for this big gigantic mess.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 28, 2020 09:28AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6llKAelIrQg At about 8:31 and especially 9;00 min you may just see a bit of a different perspective than whatever it was the LDS church tried to bring to the table. Leave it to Ravi Zacharias a previous Hindu to revolutionize the way we sometimes see things.

https://www.rzim.org/read/rzim-global/finding-peace-and-help-during-the-pandemic Maybe best quote? "So may I gently ask, when you dig below your doctrine, what does God look like to you—really—when you find yourself in the valley of ashes? Does He appear caring and compassionate, or perhaps unresponsive or dismissive? Does He match the portrait of God revealed in Scriptures—Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6)—or perhaps someone else?"

Posted by: dogbloggernli ( )
Date: December 28, 2020 11:37AM

Religious figures, both real and magical, were never where I looked for comfort, advice or insight. Friends, family, teachers, professionals all were more available, confidential, and gave better results.

Date: December 28, 2020 12:17PM

dogbloggernli Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Religious figures, both real and magical, were
> never where I looked for comfort, advice or
> insight. Friends, family, teachers, professionals
> all were more available, confidential, and gave
> better results.

They've all got their own individual deeply sourced wellsprings of virtues including insights and wisdom, I'm sure.

Like you though, we're extra careful with who we may choose to listen and converse with since perhaps becoming much more a student of enlightenment.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: January 01, 2021 10:27AM

josephssmmyth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Like you though, we're extra careful with who we
> may choose to listen and converse with...

Which is why I don't single-source important advice.

Date: December 28, 2020 07:50PM

Whether you be like me or not we are probably finishing up with last parts of a very dark and dreary pandemic. And smack dab right about in the middle of that winter solstice was another phenomenon called maybe a Christmas Star.
It's been a season of unusual occurrences, and I am grateful for seeing the light even in maybe very dark times.
That was unusual and different in and of itself.

Got a good chance to learn to use my emergency lighting.

Date: December 30, 2020 07:41AM

So what was maybe either a big revelation or accomplished goal for you during the 2020 year?

Did you discover something interesting?

Maybe make some new goals?

Having some success in in pursuing the goals already sought?

Making good headway on who you've become, your own favorite person.

Date: January 01, 2021 10:16AM

Guess what happened, yup the 2021 rolled in last night and guess what else?

It was right on time?

Heh, that's a little bit of humor..

Very little.. heh (again)

My fresh application for an old word in this brand new year has got to be gaslighting. Gaslighting it is for me because that's what has hurt my friends, maybe the most.

Date: January 07, 2021 11:32AM

Did I ever mention my personal word for 2021 yet as being "gaslighting" so that I'm part of maybe (hopefully) the less dumbed down crowd?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.