Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Screen Name ( )
Date: December 31, 2020 10:26PM

Each Thanksgiving Day I fly off to my fresh family in Cebu. After 4 months, it's back to work again. Not this year. No flights. Prolly won't be any for another year or two.

Farewell, 2020.

https://youtu.be/bMPOMT251mQ

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: January 01, 2021 12:56AM

2021 will be better, I’m sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2021 12:58AM by bradley.

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: January 01, 2021 03:14AM

After midnight here. To which I welcome 2021 and tell 2020: "So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Fuck Off!"

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 01, 2021 03:16AM

Somewhere there's a fat person on a stool. . .

Posted by: Screen Name ( )
Date: January 02, 2021 08:45PM

If I left my webcam on during the last post, I sincerely apologize.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: January 06, 2021 03:15PM

ookami Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> After midnight here. To which I welcome 2021 and
> tell 2020: "So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen,
> Fuck Off!"

I concur with this send-off!

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: January 06, 2021 05:35PM

Although this song seems more appropriate for today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSR3ZTbnHS4

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: January 01, 2021 12:12PM

2020 was not all bad. In late 2019 we decided to make a trip to England for a six week stay beginning in late January of 2020. "Why on earth are you going in winter?" many asked. Well despite the fact that in England there is often little difference between summer weather and winter weather, at our age you go when you can. Who knows what delay can bring!

So we spent six weeks there visiting with friends and family and making return visits to places like the London museums and Canterbury and also a first time tour of the Houses of Parliament with afternoon tea on the terrace overlooking the Thames. All in all a great visit.

Since then its been pretty much lockdown with visits to the grocery store a major highlight. All in all 2020 was essentially a six week year so not a total waste.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 01, 2021 04:39PM

January 2020 is honorarily a month in 2019. Jan 2021 will probably belong to 2020.

Fiscal year, academic year: now we have a COVID year starting in February.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: January 01, 2021 05:07PM

How just because it is one night that turns us into a new year, nothing changes. We wake up with the same issues we went to bed with.

So many years ago (year 2000) as everyone was talking about Y2K and what was going to happen then, and the fact the church had talked about about that time that the end would come, I so wanted the end to come. My kids had stayed over at a friend's house to celebrate and my little dog and I sat on the sofa in the front room and waited for midnight. I was at a horrible point in my life, one of the lowest, and I HOPED that they were right, but I knew that they were wrong. Nothing would change in my life and nothing did.

Last night my daughter came over to my house from 4 doors down to help me give my little dog his antibiotic pill as he is so difficult to give pills to. He has had pancreatitis for over 2 weeks and it had flared again of course last night. He was vomiting profusely. I probably washed 9 quilts today. I stayed awake most of the night watching to make sure he was breathing. Of course it is no vet day today. He is doing better today, but I'm still scared to death. Life isn't so great right now in my household with a son who had a mental breakdown in May and we're still struggling through disability applications and therapy, etc. I have had 2 cataract surgeries and got dentures December 2nd. I'd rather do another C-section than dentures. I had acute kidney injury earlier this week and almost was hospitalized. And never got COVID somehow. None of us have luckily. Many neighbors have.

And at least this morning my dog is eating and not vomiting. I'm not up to losing another dog right now. And it is 2021. In the talk about vaccinations, I am not one who likes them, but I for sure will be taking the COVID one. Someday we have to be able to wake up to not living in fear of COVID.

So so much for 2021 as far as I'm concerned.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: January 03, 2021 12:38AM

I am so sorry for all you are going through, cl2.

I have no words of wisdom to offer, only feelings of empathy based on times in my own past which are still very much in my memory.

For me, it was frequently truly insane, it was horrible, it was excruciatingly painful, it was hopeless--and, regardless, I made it through (though I'm not at all sure "how" I made it through).

I hope your life will loosen up enough to give you the "space" you need to get to a better "place."

I am truly sorry for everything you are dealing with.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 06, 2021 10:57AM

Me too. Sorry Colleen.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: January 06, 2021 02:13PM

Me too too. Wow.

Is there a chance of finding an emergency vet for your pooch? Hope so.

For the humans, a harder, longer "fix", likely.

2020 - a truly terrible year - adverbs cannot begin to describe. I had high hopes for a year called 2020 - didn't pan out (understatement).

But we have to keep trying to hope. The alternative is too depressing.

So - here's to a new year - even if it's just OK, it will be a better one than we've just experienced.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2021 02:15PM by Nightingale.

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: January 01, 2021 09:27PM

New Year, same s**t, different year. Best we can hope for is fewer flies.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: January 03, 2021 12:13AM

What if some Mayan was dyslectic, and it should be 2021?

Posted by: csuprovograd ( )
Date: January 05, 2021 11:47PM

This new year-pronounced: “2020 won”.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 06, 2021 02:55PM

It was a visionary year.

Posted by: Cauda ( )
Date: January 06, 2021 02:43PM

Your parlament is stormed. Hello 2021.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.