Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: January 01, 2021 11:07PM

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mormon-leader-says-policy-against-gay-marriage-was-word-from-god/?fbclid=IwAR0gOYQtFccqJMkDpa8T7gcL9wJ7j__DTbicjQrOr8YB8_aIsTw6y7mzDZ0

Apostle Russell M. Nelson, head of the religion's governing body and next in line for the Mormon presidency, said in a worldwide speech Sunday that Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints President Thomas S. Monson received instructions regarding same-sex couples directly from God.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2021 11:08PM by schrodingerscat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 01, 2021 11:28PM

Always hiding behind god

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: January 01, 2021 11:41PM

Rusty looks like the kind of guy who would say “The voice in my head told me to”.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2021 11:44PM by bradley.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 02, 2021 02:06PM

and of course Rusty was behind it. He is a very sad example of a human being.

Interesting that they backed out of the children aspect of this and did it quietly so they didn't have to explain why they were WRONG.

I've lived it. Now tell me again that I should save my gay husband? Well, I did. And he saved me, which is why I'm here on this board.

How long do we have to wait for Rusty to move on to receive his glory? ha ha ha ha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2021 02:06PM by cl2.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 05, 2021 10:51AM

The morg is designed to discourage changes other than superficial ones given that teaching an old dog new tricks is so hard.

By the time a man gets to be prophet he is either in his dotage controlled by less declined men or like Rusty executing a very small wish list he's carried for decades in the hope of becoming prophet. The list of what he doesn't care about is long and probably includes homosexuality.

Posted by: Adam the warrior ( )
Date: January 07, 2021 02:53AM

Feels like forever since I have seen a post from you cl2. Like a really long time.

Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: January 07, 2021 03:07PM

cl2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and of course Rusty was behind it. He is a very
> sad example of a human being.
>
> Interesting that they backed out of the children
> aspect of this and did it quietly so they didn't
> have to explain why they were WRONG.
>
> I've lived it. Now tell me again that I should
> save my gay husband? Well, I did. And he saved
> me, which is why I'm here on this board.
>
> How long do we have to wait for Rusty to move on
> to receive his glory? ha ha ha ha

Russia Roulette over there at the COB maybe right now..

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2020/12/10/this-week-mormon-land-one/

The durn garments seem to be maybe malfunctioning again..

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 10:58AM

that all you have to do is ask Jesus or God and he will deliver. And I always think, "But he didn't for me." In the end, we found our way and we found our answers, but I'm so sick of church members talking about all you have to do is ask and I think of all the gays and those who love them, all the prayers that have been said to "save the gays." And THEY DON'T NEED TO BE SAVED from YOUR GOD and YOUR RELIGION.

If there is a God, he created them just as they are. And if anyone knows that (and I don't know if there is a God and I don't worry about it), I do.

As I just told my "husband" recently again about MofF and how it said to knock at that door until your hands are bloodied to fix yourself when you are gay. I knocked that damn door down.

Those old men lied to me and to all the gays I know. What they did is unforgivable. They all make me sick, but especially RUSTY. Or as EOD called him once, SISTER WENDY. I eagerly await is death.

Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: January 02, 2021 02:13PM

There's money to be made in hatred.
Creating an evil "other"

You won't get a lot of people from this increasingly open-minded younger demographic; but those you do get, will pay ya

Posted by: shakinthedust ( )
Date: January 03, 2021 11:19AM

So G-d is too busy to reveal anything helpful to humans, like about climate change mitigation or easing suffering
But G-d has time to make sure a particular group of humans is discriminated against and hated?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 03, 2021 12:41PM

It's because ghawd is from a small town and left school in the 5th grade. He's from a long line of proudly ignorant deities!

Posted by: Adam the warrior ( )
Date: January 07, 2021 03:00AM

well religion kind of makes God or Gawd look bad. Pretty sure God did not care about my private parts at 12 years old. Pretty sure that was old men wanting to be perverts and adding God to their actions. Now seeing it from a more mature perspective I see it as old men using the God excuse to be perverts.

Posted by: Onanymous ( )
Date: January 06, 2021 05:24AM

I'd just email them and thank them for their opinion on this matter and that I will certainly give it all the consideration it merits.

Posted by: Onanymous ( )
Date: January 06, 2021 05:34AM

maybe thank them for their opinion on this very important matter, and that I really respect their expertise on such personal matters as well as in more mundane issues like real estate development, and that I will certainly give it all the consideration it merits.

Also please take me off your list! I'm really inundated with too much stuff these days.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 06, 2021 10:12AM

Dear Little Russ---Always the last to know.

Dear Little Russ--the one you have to explain the joke to.

Dear Little Russ--the one the Mormon system failed the most. Trapped in himself.

Date: January 06, 2021 10:52AM

I love the idea that God is homophobic. This means God created a creature God fears.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 06, 2021 11:29PM

That's right.

I once went to a gay rights protest, carried a sign saying "God does not make mistakes." Surprisingly, some people thought that was an endorsement of the Christian bigots.

Date: January 07, 2021 10:51AM

Haha. Sometimes you just can't win!

How were you to know the no mistakes thing is used by the Christian bigots to insinuate that we all chose to sin and weren't born that way.

Now . . . think of that in terms of severe life ending birth defects. I guess those babies just weren't valiant enough in the pre-existence,or, so very valiant that they got to go home early.

Date: January 07, 2021 02:42PM

According to Mormonism babies can't have their temple work performed without taking a breath so for Mormonism I would guess that they didn't "get a body" so they weren't valiant enough.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 07, 2021 02:44PM

There you go again, applying logic to Mormonism.

SMH, you silly boy!

Date: January 07, 2021 02:50PM

I know. I think it was the post about Captain Moroni. Just has put me back in that handcart wheel rut again.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 12:50AM

Date: January 08, 2021 10:43AM

"Go ahead and hate your neighbor
Go ahead and cheat a friend
Do it in the name of heaven
You can justify it in the end."

Always loved that lyric from One "Tin Soldier".

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 10:53AM

Thank you for reminding me of it.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.