Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: iceman9090 ( )
Date: January 02, 2021 06:51PM

There is this problem of hate. It isn’t going to go away but christianity sure does a fine job when it comes to spreading hate. Christianity and derived religions spread people apart.
For example:

A New Prophecy for Me?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SZWaUZhfzo
By Holy Koolaid
Length = 8:14

This is a comment video by Holy Koolaid about a priest (or whatever title he wants attributed to him) named Tavis who made a video about Holy Koolaid.

@ 0:13 Holy Koolaid says : “This pastor received a prophecy from god, about me.”
@ 0:44 His channel name is “God Says Ministries House of Fire”
The description says:
I’m a water walking, fire breathing, giant slaving, child of the living god.
Whatever god wants me to be in the moment, that’s who I am.
970 subscribers.
@ 3:23 The priest says: “The swine is basically the atheist. God calls atheists pigs.”
@ 4:50 The priest says: “You are going to receive a revelation on Dec 10, 2020”.
@ 5:20 The priest says: “If you have seen what I have seen and experienced what I have experience, it is impossible for you to remain an atheist.”

MY COMMENT: I don’t know what the prophecy is. I didn’t hunt it down. However, it is fun listening to prophecies from priests or whatever they want to call themselves.
Also, there is no explanation as to why he (Tavis) looks at his cellphone to gather numbers to insert into his calculations. I guess he just felt like it, like it is with many other theists. Such people hunt down coincidences all their life and when the numbers line up, they attach a significance to them. They decide that the jewish god is secretly communicating information to them.

For @ 3:23, I guess Tavis is referring this line
Matthew 7:6 KING JAMES VERSION
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

^^^^^Sometimes, the theist wants to call the atheist a pig or swine but doesn’t do it directly and so, he says that god says that atheists are swine.
I have noticed that quite a lot of theists hide behind the Bible when it comes to namecalling or when it comes to their homophobia.

~~~~iceman9090

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 02, 2021 08:04PM

Hiding behind god

Date: January 03, 2021 02:09PM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hiding behind god

I think that is what good people do.
Somehow, their parents/priests imprinted in their mind the notion that their christianity and god is absolutely perfect, just, loving.
However, at the same time, they understand that it is an ugly thing to do to run around and call atheists and other unbelievers “swine” and calling homosexuals disgusting shit.
So, they hide behind their god.

An exception is the Westboro Baptist Church. They don’t feel any shame. They want to be in the headlines. They feel happy about it.

~~~~iceman9090

Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: January 02, 2021 08:19PM

Swine is the devil, every practising Muslim knows that..

Date: January 03, 2021 02:17PM

josephssmmyth Wrote:
> Swine is the devil, every practising Muslim knows
> that..

Since the devil is not real, I don’t really care what awful word they want to call him. They can take a machine gun and shoot at the devil if they want. I hear that they go to a certain place, on their holy land, there is a wall, and it is the duty of every muslim to throw a rock at the wall and imagine that the wall is the devil.

The problem is that quite often, that fantasy spills over into the real world and humans are getting beheaded, blown up.

IN CONCLUSION, this line is a lie:
“Since the devil is not real, I don’t really care what awful word they want to call him.”

since I know that at some point in time, a real human is going to get killed for not believing what they believe.

~~~~iceman9090

Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: January 03, 2021 05:22PM

iceman9090 Wrote:
> since I know that at some point in time, a real
> human is going to get killed for not believing
> what they believe.
===============================

Already happened. Plenty.
It's a way of life.

Yeah well, the whole idea is to create division. Manufacture an other.
Got to find somewhere to put all that evil. So we can be good. So we can be special.

This is why there is such delight in feeling always under siege

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N1KvgtEnABY
The actors change, the pattern remains the same

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 03, 2021 01:17PM

Mormons did much the same thing with their priesthood ban against black males. They in effect said, hey, don't blame us, we are just following God's orders.

That in effect says Mormons aren't racist, God is. That played perfectly well with Mormons themselves, but GBH in particular, the PR prophet, realized the outside world was not going to be at all impressed by that logic.

Whenever he was asked in the 1990s about the now rescinded ban, he never blamed it on God. He basically just dodged the question, saying that is all in the past, and changed the subject.

Eventually, when the church essay came out about the priesthood ban, it made no attempt to say the ban was God's will. They said it was racist and threw Brigham under the bus. They did very little to make the members aware of this, but at least it was a position the outside world would accept. "We're not racist, God is" was simply untenable. GBH got that right.

Date: January 03, 2021 02:25PM

Brother Of Jerry Wrote:

“but GBH in particular, the PR prophet, realized the outside world was not going to be at all impressed by that logic.”

==Sounds like the mormon leaders are clever enough or are in touch with the rest of the world and they followed a logical plan.
I would have done the same thing if I was a mormon.

“They said it was racist and threw Brigham under the bus.”

==It was the logical thing to do.
Something has to explain the racism and since god is suppose to be all loving and perfect, then a human has to be blamed.
That still doesn’t change the contents of the Book Of Mormon.

Mormonism, just like christianity is evolving as the American/Canadian/European/Australian/Russian culture evolves.

What’s next? Feminism being integrated into mormonism?

~~~~iceman9090

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 03, 2021 02:15PM

As long as there are human beings who allow themselves to be trained NOT to look behind the curtain, mormonism can keep reinventing itself.

I know that it worked for me, back when I was single!

Date: January 03, 2021 02:27PM

elderolddog Wrote:

> I know that it worked for me, back when I was
> single!

What changed when you were no longer single? Your woman changed your mind?

~~~~iceman9090

Date: January 03, 2021 02:58PM

Apologies, my fine Iceman... I'm not to be taken seriously. I write to provoke laughter, or in the case of LW, braying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2021 02:59PM by elderolddog.

Date: January 03, 2021 07:53PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.