Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cauda ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 05:21AM

You can worship idols.

But a puppet do the talk instead of you and lift you up and makes you an idol in comparison.

If you are presenting yourself as a good and competent leader, as an idol, you can recruit qualified people as workers that are good puppets in two ways. First they show people how good people you have around you. Simply and only the best are allowed to come near you, grear leader. You only choose the best. When you as a good and comptent leader make the workers fail in droves because of your ungood and incompetent descisions you get people outside to look at the puppets instead of you. When puppets of high competence fail and is shown to be not enough, as good enough and competent enough as you, the great leader. You will become an idol ready for worship. You, great leader, really wants the best for us, you make me, regular joe, feel good when you tear down scholars and laureates and show them as inflated ego-balloons.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 06:01AM

Cauda Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can worship idols.
>
> But doesn't a puppet do the talking instead of you and lift
> you up, makeing you an idol in comparison?
>
If you are presenting yourself as a good and competent leader, as an idol, you can recruit qualified people as workers that are good puppets in two ways.
First they show people the many good people you have around you. Simply and only the best are allowed to come near you, as a great leader.
You then only choose the best. When you as a good and comptent leader make the workers fail in droves because of your less than good and incompetent descisions you get people outside to look at your puppets instead of you. When puppets of high competence
maybe fail and is shown to be not enough, as good enough and competent enough as you, the great leader.
You more likely will become an idol ready for worship. You, as great leader, really want the best for us, you make me a regular joe, feel good when you tear down scholars and laureates and show them as inflated ego-balloons.

We try..

Date: January 08, 2021 06:13AM

The "You" is not anyone specific.

Posted by: josephssmmyth ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 06:19AM

Cauda Wrote:
> The "You" is not anyone specific.

Of course..

Sometimes said as maybe, "One can worship idols.."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2021 06:20AM by josephssmmyth.

Date: January 08, 2021 06:51AM

Thou have a point.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 12:26PM

Cauda Wrote:
> Thou have a point.
Thou HAVEST

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 12:28PM

Thee haveth dumbth.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 09, 2021 11:16AM

Thou hast a point.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 06:54PM

“You, as great leader, really want the best for us, you make me a regular joe, feel good when you tear down scholars and laureates and show them as inflated ego-balloons.”

Considering where four years of that has gotten us, I think I like the old way better. Cult leadership at an institutional level is always bad because it makes the institution fragile and disconnected from reality. Like a certain religion I know.

Date: January 09, 2021 02:54AM

As an international ”observer” I understand your viewpoint, I had something like that in mind. The only problem I have with the narrative in our times is that socialpsychological symptoms never seem to have connection to any established ”substrate”. The old way is the substrate, no question is ever asked what is wrong with that substrate?

So, we end up with essentialism. Disconnecting causes and effects we do not like to talk about and see the category of bad people we want to see. ”They” just show up and cause trouble. Like the postmoderns stopped caring about facts and started to discuss measurements.

My opinion is that america struggle with severe socioeconomic development issues and have engulfed the world with nihilistic economic theories about the market and money theories. Autistic ideas that worked in theory wrecks socioeconomies at the other side of the world. My country, our central bank, awarded american economists with the Nobel Prize and made the ideas mainstream. The world consume to much and waste talent and throw virtues out of the window.

Date: January 09, 2021 02:57AM

If 8 years with #44 was so great why did your country end up with #45?

#44 was a vertical success story, in the media
#45 was a horisontal catastrophe, in reality

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: January 09, 2021 11:31AM

>>If 8 years with #44 was so great why did your country end up with #45?

The main reason is that is he was black, IMO. Racism has never stopped brewing here.

I think a secondary reason is that the economy has "progressed" on from service based to information based to exploitation based, mostly due to technology.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.