Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 02:50PM

https://www.newsweek.com/josiah-colt-capitol-rioter-pictured-hanging-senate-balcony-forgiveness-1559945?fbclid=IwAR0I3VZC6Nqum9_RUe9x3qdUOq571Weps7W6TJz7JDPG5AECFI2eMKaTphU

Meet Josiah Colt of Boise. LDS returned missionary and BYU-Idaho grad. He thought he was in the chamber of the House of Reps and took selfies and video in "Pelosi's" chair calling her vile names. He was actually in the Senate chamber and sitting in Pence's chair. Idiot.

MORmON from Idaho now sorry he got caught committing insurrection.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2021 03:23PM by schrodingerscat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 02:59PM

Perhaps the inmates who are "caught up in the moment moment" will catch up with him in prison.

Date: January 08, 2021 03:00PM

one too many moments....oops.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 03:10PM

Don't worry. By the standards set by josephssmmyth and others, only 10% repetition is quite good.

Date: January 08, 2021 03:33PM

Thanks for the support. Thanks for the support. Thanks for the support.

And before I go I must say...thanks for the support.

Date: January 08, 2021 03:48PM

Yes, yes, yes.

I learned long ago to support all APs lest I be damned.

Yes.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 03:51PM

I disliked my APs.

Date: January 08, 2021 04:01PM

You may have liked me. I was few years older and more mature than the other missionaries, had lived in and of the world for years and went because I wanted to, played in rock bands, gave everyone free haircuts (pompadore's, flat tops,tail in the back...hey it was the 80s!), didn't worry about numbers, kicked back now and then and enjoyed things, cooked awesome meals, etc.

And for that I got to travel all over the Caribbean, bringing my joy to the other missionaries :)

Now, I probably would have kept an eye on Lot's wife if she was there....bit of a pistol that one :)

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 04:06PM

Lots Wife... Definitely a pistol-packed woman!

Date: January 08, 2021 04:12PM

Stranger: LW, is that a pistol in your pocket or are you just happy to see me.

LW: it's a pistol.

Date: January 08, 2021 04:31PM

Both?

Date: January 08, 2021 04:31PM

It's a pistol.

Date: January 08, 2021 04:33PM

Yeah, riiiiiight!

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 10:22PM

...which can be rather messy.

Date: January 08, 2021 04:32PM

We didn't have Sister missionaries, too dangerous they said. But I'm sure LW could have held her own.

Date: January 08, 2021 04:34PM

I assure you that some sister missionaries are dangerous.

Date: January 08, 2021 04:38PM

I was downright scared of a few.

Date: January 08, 2021 04:49PM

Better for me....I probably would have hooked up with at least one! :O

Date: January 08, 2021 05:04PM

Why didn't you hook up with the locals? I knew a few missionaries who did.

Date: January 08, 2021 05:07PM

I did...a beautiful Jamaican girl, but I was careful to not let it go too far, just a few heavy make out sessions....was at the end of my mission with only a month or so to go and didn't want to tarnish my sterling image :)

Date: January 08, 2021 04:37PM

You sure were an anomaly but then I went in the early 90s. Cast my shadow on the Canary Islands and happened to be a part of a cohort of men who can't stop reliving their glory days on the Facebook. It is bitter sweet. I get to see how they have aged but they still sound like the disingenuous young men I knew. Age doesn't seem to have distilled much in the way of interest for me in them.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 03:20PM

Think the MORGUE will add “Have you committed treason against the Government’ to their worthiness interviews?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 03:22PM

So he's a changed man and doesn't deserve punishment ? Will he be excommunicated as a lesson to other mormons ? Of course not. He will keep kissing Bundy's ass.

Date: January 08, 2021 03:36PM

Too bad their prophet that speaks with god couldn't tell his followers the election fraud stuff was all lies and Trump was a dagerous nut case and not to be believed or supported.

But that might have alienanted some members, thereby decreasing the money flow.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 03:46PM

He's been in trouble with the law before. This is not his first rodeo. So, the tears seem disingenuous. And he's 34 and twice divorced. Sounds like an easy going, stand up fella.

Date: January 08, 2021 03:53PM

I wonder if he is sealed to both?

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 04:28PM

Maybe he was planning on four more years of Trump and a pardon. This is what happens when Jesus is late to the party. It would be funny if Joe Biden, who they hate so much, granted pardons to these idiots.

Date: January 08, 2021 04:36PM

Can't do it.

German authorities took it easy on Hitler when he launched his putsch, also on Brown Shirts and Nazis in the later 1920s and early 1930s because they were "well meaning nationalists." The result was that they took that as tacit support from the government, which it was.

There is no more serious crime than attempted insurrection. The punishment must be fast and condign.

Date: January 08, 2021 06:02PM

As much as people fretted about what Trump was able to get away with, the smartest thing Congress did was give him enough rope to hang himself. And his party.

Date: January 08, 2021 06:08PM

Congress didn't do that. The GOP did.

Unfortunately the Grand Old Party will suffer for abetting the president's treason. It's sad to see an institution with a history of some very positive things destroy itself in this way. The country needs multiple viable parties. It's not at this point clear the Republicans can play that role any more.

Date: January 08, 2021 06:24PM

It’s not like the Democrats are the party of labor anymore. Maybe they can be the new GOP.

Date: January 08, 2021 10:32PM

Who'd want to consort with the riffraff when Silicon Valley is throwing money at your feet? As FBI Deputy Assistant Director in the Counterintelligence Division Peter Strzok said, "Just went to a Southern Virginia Walmart. I could SMELL the Trump support.

Date: January 08, 2021 10:38PM

It's remarkable, isn't it? That so many working class people would think that a rich sociopath would have their interests at heart?

Date: January 08, 2021 10:55PM

The average politician goes into politics and comes out rich.
Rare for a man to get rich and then go into politics.

Date: January 08, 2021 11:02PM

Seriously? That's a non sequitur.

The question is whether Trump's policies, as opposed to his rhetoric, has helped working class Americans. The answer is clear whether it lies in the pandemic, employment and the distribution of wealth, or the state of the union on whose health everyone's wellbeing depends.

Populist demagogues often discover that poor people who are busy trying to make their lives work often love the spectacle of an attack on a nation's institutions. That's unfortunate but not surprising. What is surprising is the alacrity with which relatively educated people have leapt on the populist bandwagon when they know, or should know, the reality.

Date: January 08, 2021 11:17PM

There were no substantial criticism for Washington, Hoover, FDR, Kennedy, or the Bushes. Well, maybe GWB, but he was Hitler before Trump. Worth noting is that Trump is one of three Presidents* who served without drawing salary.

*Number drawn from general memory. Washington declined, but was pressured to accept salary.

Date: January 08, 2021 11:37PM

Quite the opposite. My point was that poor people were foolish to trust a sociopath who always pursues his own interests.

--------------------
> There were no substantial criticism for
> Washington, Hoover, FDR, Kennedy, or the Bushes.
> Well, maybe GWB, but he was Hitler before Trump.

First, I don't think Trump is a Hitler. American institutions have proved more resilient than Weimar ones, and Hitler was a far superior geopolitician, knowing even that "Thighland" and "Nambia" were not countries.

As for GWB, I'm not sure what you are asserting. Which Bush? And why Hitler? I think in either case you are out of your mind, but perhaps you can explain.

---------------
> Worth noting is that Trump is one of three
> Presidents* who served without drawing salary.

Another non-sequitur. Refraining from taking a salary while violating the emoluments clause, insisting that the government patronize his businesses at full or better price, and allowing his children to profit from the presidency are all forms of self-dealing.

But putting that aside, because it is irrelevant, the question is whether Trump has made the average American wealthier and safer. That is the standard, and its application reveals all that needs to be revealed.

-----------------
The bottom line is that the number of people who still defend the malignant sociopath is shrinking by the minute and yet you are prominently there. That is curious.

Date: January 09, 2021 12:08AM

Absent a professional evaluation of somebody, kindly refrain,

GWB (not HRWB) was often referred to as Hitler or a Nazi. Everybody loves to hurl invective at Republicans, even the shiny-shoe moderates. (Heads up, Pierre Delecto!)

(Consider me an immoderate Republican.)

Regarding the emoluments clause, this is a knee-jerk talking point that the MSM bandies about until it becomes "established fact." As in EVERYBODY knows..." Like "tax cuts for the rich." People swallow that because it's a main ingredient in their political diet,

Regarding socio-economic improvements 2017-1029,

"Census Bureau reported real median household income grew to $68,703 in 2019, an impressive 6.8% increase over 2018. It was the largest one-year increase in median income on record going back to 1967. It was also 45 percent more growth in a single year ($4,379) than Obama/Biden produced in their entire 8 years in office ($3,021).

Throughout Trump’s first three years, the economic benefits were widespread. While the overall growth rate was 6.8%, real median income grew by an even greater 7.9% for Black Americans, 7.1% for Hispanic Americans, and 10.6% for Asian Americans. All record high income levels for each of these groups." (Fox Business News)

And all with low-to-moderate inflation.

Poverty "suffered" its greatest loss in 60 years. Drug overdoses dropped. Human trafficking arrests increased. Trump's "tax cuts for the rich" hit the most affluent the hardest, and raised the 1st-tax threshold for the poorest. Incidentally, I suffered (a bit) under the institution of a SALT deduction ceiling.(Serves me right for staying in a high-tax Blue state!)

Date: January 08, 2021 10:57PM

Suppose he was actively trying to sabotage the Republican party. Thanks to him, they lost the Presidency, the Senate, and the House. Now they are the party of insurrection. So maybe he did more to advance the interests of Trump supporters than any modern President.

Date: January 08, 2021 11:03PM

That's right.

The Trump presidency was never about anyone but Trump. He took over the GOP and is now destroying it. Why didn't people realize that this would happen?

Many of us did.

Date: January 08, 2021 11:30PM

How many of us tried to tell TBMs about their religion only to be labeled anti-Mormon? Nobody wakes up until the house crashes around their ears.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 04:42PM

The truth is he is not sorry he was “caught up in the moment”, he is sorry he was caught.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 05:20PM

^^^^^^^^^^^. This

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 06:35PM

Yes, exactly!

Posted by: decultified ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 05:22PM

"A rioter who was photographed hanging from the balcony of the Senate Chamber has begged for forgiveness, saying he got 'caught up in the moment.' …His apology comes after he bragged about his rampage through the U.S. Capitol."

LMAO. Another "Mormon Moment." I'm sure the feds will accept his apology and let bygones be bygones. /s

---

"On Thursday, however, Colt said he had 'brought shame upon myself' and is now seeking legal advice."

Maybe Kirton McConkie can help him. /s

He's tarnished the "good name of the church" too, an unforgivable sin. He'll likely be exed after his conviction.

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 06:36PM

I wonder what these idiots would think if nonMORmONs stormed a temple, ran around inside and desecrated it.

Date: January 08, 2021 06:58PM

Their patriotism ends where their religion says it does. It isn't like their patriotism wasn't informed and formed by their religion no?

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 08:29PM

Of course he got caught, like a fish, not knowing it was fake bait.

Date: January 08, 2021 09:12PM

Unpaid extras in Donald’s reality TV show. I have to admit this time he really delivered.

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: January 08, 2021 11:25PM

Can't help thinking of the succinct bumper sticker seen over the past few years "Elect a clown, expect a circus." I might add "complete with trapeze artists".

Date: January 08, 2021 11:49PM

Yeah, you've already posted that.

I'm waiting for you to show where I ever mentioned anyone raping you.

Where is it? Or is that just another of the claims you make up out of thin air?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.