Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: wendell ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 07:43PM

I cannot tell you how refreshing it is to come on this forum from time to time just to "charge my batteries". My life has truly gotten better each and every week since I said "SO LONG" to the church. I haven't had any time to post recently, but I hope that's about to change as I AM NO LONGER HOMELESS!!! I will be moving into my own place in just a couple of days, and I feel so good about it. Anyway, I read the messages here a couple of times a week, and I hope to be able to start contributing again very soon. This forum has truly changed my life in several ways.
Anyway, thanks again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: vhainya ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 07:45PM

I am very happy to hear this board has helped improve your life. Do you have a link to a prior post with your story about how you became homeless? I am just really curious. Congratulations on finding a home.

Date: October 29, 2010 07:53PM

My message was about the fact that since I moved out of my house in preparation for the divorce, i haven't really been staying anywhere permanent. Good friends have taken me in, but it's nice to finally have a place to call my own. Sorry to be so confusing.
It's just nice to not have to answer to anyone else about stuff anymore.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 08:07PM

And especially, not to have to answer to a bunch of self-righteous, judgmental, power-abusive jerks.

Good to hear from you, Wendell! Glad things are coming along as you begin a new and authentic life!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 07:46PM

how things were going and hoping you would post an update! So glad to hear things are looking up! That's great news!

Date: October 29, 2010 07:55PM

My divorce is nearing completion, my kids are doing very well, and my new life is bringing me immense joy. I have never had half as many true friends who sincerely love and appreciate me for who I am. I learned that being a member of the church meant that I was loved and/or hated because of WHAT I am, and not WHO I am. Does that make any sense at all?

Posted by: honestone ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 08:45PM

Yes, what you said is true...you were loved for WHAT you were-someone who followed the rules of Mrmonism. They did not wish to know you for WHO you were. Congrats on your new life and it will only get better. Glad your kids are well.

Posted by: FreeAtLast ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 11:23PM

Here's info. about how cultic Mo-ism 'programs' people and affects their self-esteem, and what individuals can do to liberate themselves from it, empower themselves, and create new and much happier/healthier lives: http://members.shaw.ca/blair_watson/

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 08:05PM

So glad to hear that there are improvements.

What you say does make sense! Your spouse or kids or whoever is supposed to see the person and not the person through the smudged lens of the church. You are supposed to be just plain Dad, not just "Mormon Dad."

Posted by: Cali Sally ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 09:02PM

I didn't know you were getting a divorce. I guess your wife is no longer dependent on your health/whatever benefits?

I'm so glad you are getting happier and stronger. I hope things are also getting better with your children. Are any of them outside the box with regard to Mormonism? It will be nice for you if at least one gets out of the mind set if not out of TSCC. It may take some time but they cannot stay that deluded forever. (Remember what Abe Lincoln said on that subject.) At least not all of them. A gay dad like you is lots better than a Mormon TBM any day and it won't be hard for them to figure that out. My guess is that your oldest will come around first. Here's hoping.

I'm in the midwest helping my mother get healed from her recent knee replacement surgery (wonder if anyone will guess who I am from this post lOl. A couple of members visited my mother in the hospital and it was so strange to have them invite me to a stake conference. I wonder if they really have no idea how uninterest I am in that stuff. My mother isn't even interested but I've never announced my official departure. Good is my mother has even shed her garments !!! She's tired of how ugly they are and she's 84 !! Can't imagine a young girl in those things.

Well, I'm rambling. Got to get to bed. Take care. Cali Sally

Posted by: Adult of god ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 09:40PM

I just caught your post and wanted to add smiles! ;)

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 10:21PM

I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you son is. Did he go on his mission?

Date: October 30, 2010 02:12PM

He is supposed to be leaving on December 15th, and I haven't interfered with those plans. The problem is that he has started coaching one of the high school sports teams in the area and they really would prefer he not go. I have been secretly hoping that he will put worldly pursuits above the so-called "eternal priorities", but I just don't know right now. I keep hoping he will change his mind, and I may need to speak with him once more about it before he actually leaves. I just don't want to go against the Bishop's counsel and give him un-solicitied advice. Heaven knows nobody else has ever done such a thing.

Posted by: Summer ( )
Date: October 29, 2010 11:42PM

Great to hear from you! So glad that your life is moving in a positive direction.

Posted by: Heresy ( )
Date: October 30, 2010 12:13AM

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: October 30, 2010 01:07AM

In ten days we go to court. I both dread and look forward to living elsewhere. Can't wait to put that to bed. This is such a widespread problem isn't it? It's like we need a group home for displaced exmormon spouses for Petes sakes.

Anywhoo I'm really glad for you.

Date: October 30, 2010 02:14PM

It's going to be very easy for us because there is nothing to negotiate. I give her 3 times the amount of Child Support that any judge would ever award her, the visitation is not a problem, and I am not taking anything from her. It will all be over very soon. GOOD LUCK!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.