Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 14, 2021 12:31AM

I am completely interested & open as to board ideas on this;

do we include an 'afterlife experience' for Prophets - Presidents?

What about for other leaders?

What about family & others who've used ChurchCo as a wedge between friends & family?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 14, 2021 12:41AM

I say, leave it all up to ghawd ... He knows what's best.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: January 14, 2021 05:46AM

We've been mormon. We know how fun it is to be a mormon.

And these narcissists like Rusty have to live with themselves. I'd hate to be any one of them. No matter how much "luxury" they get from tithing paying them or how much power they have. When they go home at night they have to LIVE with them (and Rusty has to live with Wendy). Isn't that justice???

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: January 14, 2021 07:16AM

If I were the spiritual leader of millions of people, I would at least try to do something about the institutional decay. He has to live with being in that position and doing basically nothing. But maybe he is a mascot without any actual power. That’s why the church doesn’t want GAs to be recorded.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: January 14, 2021 12:44PM

Just having to face an legitimate election would be enough. Almost all of the GA's would be replaced immediately. That would work wonders.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: January 14, 2021 12:55PM

Listen: Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some... farcical aquatic ceremony!

You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!! I mean, if I went 'round, saying I was an emperor, just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 14, 2021 06:36PM

But what if that moistened bint was famous and had a lot of really neat doings attributed to her? What if the populace was really keen on believing it? What if they voted, after the fact?

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 14, 2021 01:30PM

I have a problem with using the word "deceived" if you are referring to rank and file members or missionaries. Deceived, like the word lied, implies that the person knew they were misleading someone. It was a deliberate act of misleading.

Misleading someone because you didn't know better is not deception.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.