Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Cauda ( )
Date: January 16, 2021 05:49AM

Been in isolation since march/april 2020. Living in a household with relatives that are at a higher risk of dying if they get infected by the virus. Not quite sure how great risk I am in. My job is to pick up things from boxes. Do it once a week. I have a duty to do it in a safe manner. If I get seriously ill and die that is it, did my best to avoid it. Do not want risk the lives of my relatives. That would be awful to live with.

This past tuesday I did my job but I had got this new face mask that did not really fit so well with my glasses. Snowy weather and a change in temperature fogged my glasses and by instinct I just had to wipe the glasses with my fingers. Missed it completely and put my finger right into the white of the left eye. The boxes I open are unlocked by about fifty people every week. Place looks very uncleaned in general, I think the store have a hard time keeping the storage area clean because it is so widely used during this pandemic. A place stressing people up.

So, back in the car I washed my hands with an alco gel. Told my relative, the driver, what had happened and since tuesday I kept a distance to the rest in the household. In the living room I watched the tv together with them wearing a face mask and with a good distance. Spent time together very short periods. Rest of the time I have been in front of the computer or in my bed room. Felt fine, been out walking in the woods everyday.

But today my body have a hard time regulating temperature. Head ache and a bit feverish. No throat pain, no breathing. Been eating some raw onion past two days. Only sore because of that. Very mild symptoms, so far.

Staying in my bed room now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: January 16, 2021 05:51AM

No breathing problems :)

Typo

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 16, 2021 07:30AM

Yes, how is your sense of smell, Cauda? (I joke that my cat tests my sense of smell daily with his litterbox.)

Go ahead and get tested. I got tested in July at a drive-thru at a CVS pharmacy. Or call your doctor's office and ask where to get tested. That way you'll know. It could also be a light touch of the flu, or something else.

Date: January 16, 2021 07:42AM

Still got my smell. So holding thumbs. It is flu season. Can be that.

Contacted my home regions healthcare provider and they told me to wait 24 hours more before taking a test.

Date: January 16, 2021 08:04AM

A friend of mine was symptomatic, and got tested. The report came back, "Not Covid, not the flu, something else." So, take care and try not to worry too much.

Date: January 17, 2021 04:55AM

Will stay calm and wear my face mask and keep distance when I have to spend time with my relatives at home.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: January 16, 2021 04:23PM

I was so hoping I had antibodies. I'm not a naturalist enthusiast, but I'd just as soon get "vaccinated" the old fashioned way.

1: get infected.
2: get sick. Take take of yourself.
3: recover
4: enjoy your immunity.

One of my genetic good fortunes is an extremely robust immune system. With ordinary seasonal flu, I typically get sick for 1-3 days, even when staying active, get over it and get on.

You can be encouraged, Cauda, with the fact that Covid has a 99+% survival rate. If you're outside the elderly and/or comorbidity groups, yes, some people do die, but your mortality risk is quite low.

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/916797c5a46416a3bc14ba39fe16659933549404b21153c23b1040988f3a4db4.jpg

Date: January 16, 2021 04:48PM

The trouble is, it can cause severe lung damage even if you are asymptomatic. This was noted very early on in Wuhan, and it is still the case.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: January 16, 2021 08:08PM

The case fatality rate in the US is ~1.7%. Using the numbers reorted as of today it is 1.67%.
In Sweden it is ~2%

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

Date: January 17, 2021 04:43AM

Hello

I suspect that I am in a risk group. But have got my things together since last year. Regular exercise and a great weight loss.

Had a untreated high diastolic blood pressure from year 2012 to the beginning of 2020. Was overweight for years. Lived a passive and unhealthy lifestyle from the beginning of year 2013 until the beginning of year 2018. Gained some control over my behaviour since thanks to an intervention from the public health care. Destructive behaviour probably related to severe stimming problems I had and a personality disorder evolved over time out of the lack of theory of mind and childhood bullying. At that level things are better than ever at the moment.

Had a blood test taken in 2019 and my NT-proBNP levels in the blood were non-measureable. I guess it has to do with my urge to racewalk when I walk. When I grew up my family always told me to stop and wait for them.

Feels better today, no fever, but a I feel something is off.

Posted by: Visitor California ( )
Date: January 16, 2021 05:20PM

I had no breathing problems, no cough, no fever and no loss of taste or smell. And yet, I had Covid (tested positive twice). My symptoms were severe body aches, sore throat, inflamed chest cartilage, congestion and headache.
I have never heard of anyone getting Covid from touching a fingertip to their eye. Not to say it's impossible since I am not a doctor, but this virus is airborne and is primarily contracted from breathing in an infected person's breath or from the droplets being transported through recycled air such as air conditioning or heating.
If you're concerned, get tested about 4 to 7 days after the incident.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: January 16, 2021 06:47PM

Turns out I'm negative.

Posted by: Binet ( )
Date: January 17, 2021 03:48AM

Are you sure it wasn't an intelligence test instead?

Date: January 17, 2021 04:48AM

It is possible to get infected through the eye. Read that there are membranes protecting. It depends on how teary and wet the eyes are at the inside or something.

Posted by: Fascinated in the Midwest ( )
Date: January 16, 2021 06:45PM

The eyes are a route to infection, although I don't know how readily infection happens...look at healthcare folks who wear goggles or a face shield in addition to their mask.

Date: January 17, 2021 04:51AM

Yes. Experts say there are routes but the conditions must be very optimal for the virus to get down in the lungs. The scary thing is that no one knows. So I will keep holding my thumbs.

Posted by: InJustice ( )
Date: January 17, 2021 11:25PM

I had all the symptoms a few months ago. With my medical history, I was concerned I was going to have a very rough experience.

What happened was it barely phased me. And my family. All of us felt like it was a mild cold at the worst. I couldn't believe it.

7 of us tested positive for covid. So I dunno. I understand people have had serious problems. Even died from it. What makes one person barely notice and it kills another. I don't know.

We take vitamin d, zinc, fish oil on a daily basis. I wonder if any of that affected the outcome.

Some thoughts I thought might help.

Date: January 21, 2021 11:18AM

I think it is dependent on the level of your exposure. The first person who was exposed in your household might have been at some distance from the person they got it from.

Date: January 21, 2021 08:50AM

Healthy again. No symptoms.

Date: January 21, 2021 11:18AM

That's great to hear, Cauda! I'm glad for you.

Date: January 21, 2021 11:51AM

Thanks summer!

The infection rates are slowing down here in Sweden. Numbers presented today.

Hopefully the vaccine programme can shift into a higher gear and push this virus away.

Many companies are in trouble Especially restaurants, pubs and night clubs. Relief needed in many ways.

I am glad I got my health at the moment.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.