Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 18, 2021 02:00PM

We know that Mormonism has way too many diversions away from Christ-Like living, almost to 100%...

Do mormons say that 'literally' the (claimed, assumed) 'Garden of Eden' was in (jackson county) Missouri?

Why is the (claimed, assumed) location of such importance?

I.Don't.Get.It.

https://rebirthoftheword.com/1436/?fbclid=IwAR36fTHefoJR3e_bqVmgK6P28eqT24mupky_Ei0kamgVQ4yorUCRySH-FS4

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2021 08:57PM by GNPE.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 18, 2021 08:58PM

topping for your reply / response, Thanks

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 18, 2021 09:06PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam-ondi-Ahman

There were zero Mexicans in The Garden of Eden, and that same dismal number in Adam-ondi-Ahman.

Screw JoJu.

Be sure to try the chicken nachos platter!

Posted by: iceman9090 ( )
Date: January 19, 2021 12:30AM

Source:
https://rebirthoftheword.com/1436/?fbclid=IwAR36fTHefoJR3e_bqVmgK6P28eqT24mupky_Ei0kamgVQ4yorUCRySH-FS4

“From what I understand from what I’ve read from many different books is that homo-sapiens were first on this planet sometime around 200,000 years ago and in some cases further back than that, depending on the source.“

==Yes, it is estimated to be 300 ky.

“And I’ve read that there is no clear indication how exactly homo-sapiens could create such a civilization while learning about agriculture and metallurgy during being hunters and gatherers.“

==This stuff is pre-history and so, it is normal that the evidence is thin.

Fire:
Obviously, at some point, humans experimented. They experimented with fire. It is thought that perhaps lightning hit a tree and started a fire and humans collected the burning wood. Perhaps they took it to their cave. At some point, some human experimented with heating a piece of meat and so he made the first cooked steak.
Perhaps they though that the gods above sent them fire to use.

Language:
When it comes to language, it is possible that humans began to imitate the sounds made by buffaloes and such and they hunted them. Over time, humans used that sound to give a name to the particular animal which over time changed and changed some more.

Metallurgy:
It is possible that at some point, humans threw rocks and such into the fire as they made a large fire. By morning, they woke up to find beads of shiny copper. The carbon from the wood and the high temperature would have reduced the copper compounds in the minerals into metallic copper.
Perhaps they repeated this and repeated it some more.

Agriculture:
Perhaps at some point, some humans noticed that when they threw seeds around, much later, the same plant would grow. Thus, they continued the experiment and understood how plant growth worked.
Perhaps human babies, pigs babies, elephant babies was probably still a mystery to them.

For sure, there is always a first time to everything.
These events are so old that judaism doesn’t record when they happened or that they even happened. We can assume that judaism is a pretty young religion and that the priests did not have any ideas as to what to write about them. They just assumed that Adam was made and was programmed to speak some language and began to give names to animals.
Nothing about metallurgy, nothing about agriculture. Yea, I guess they wrote Adam began to work on some field. We get 0 information as to his degree of knowledge.

~~~~iceman9090

Date: January 19, 2021 12:32AM

GNPE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

“Do mormons say that 'literally' the (claimed, assumed) 'Garden of Eden' was in (jackson county) Missouri?”

==That’s pretty bizarre. How did humans end up in Africa and the middle east then?
Did they all build a boat and everyone left America at the same time?

Also, what about the rivers mentioned in the Bible?

~~~~iceman9090

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: January 19, 2021 01:00AM

They say the great migration happened with Noah, who started out in America and ended up in Turkey. As for the rivers, they say that hose very rivers existed in Missouri and environs. Opinion is divided about whether the rivers themselves moved or simply the names were imported to the Middle East later.

Date: January 19, 2021 09:17PM

slskipper Wrote:

At this point, we are going to run into the typical jewish problems.
1. How did a 600 y old Noah build gigantic boat?
2. If all of humanity comes from Noah’s, then there would be a genetic bottleneck 4500 y ago. No such bottleneck according to the evidence. There is sufficient genetic variation. The genetic clocks show that mitochondrial DNA is about 200 ky old and not 4500 y old.
3. There would be a genetic bottleneck in all animal species, in all plant species. No such bottleneck appears.
4. + plenty more.

“As for the rivers, they say that hose very rivers existed in Missouri and environs. Opinion is divided about whether the rivers themselves moved or simply the names were imported to the Middle East later.”

==That’s what I figured. I think it is always possible to invent a backstories to these thing.

One could claim that the jewish god magically changed the DNA in animals and plants which leads to the question, why bother with the entire thing. Well, I suppose the jewish god has a lot of time to waste.

~~~~iceman9090

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: January 19, 2021 12:58AM

Yes. It's in their scriptures. How can they deny it with a straight face?

Oh, I forgot...

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: January 19, 2021 10:18AM

My brother visited the supposed site of Adam-ondi-Ahman in Missouri. One of the senior missionaries stationed there told him that one of the main tasks of the missionaries was to keep gathering rocks to build up the altar that Adam built because Mormon visitors kept stealing the rocks as souvenirs.
To me that symbolizes Mormonism and Mormons in so many ways.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: January 19, 2021 08:14PM

“To me that symbolizes Mormonism and Mormons in so many ways.”

It certainly does.

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: January 19, 2021 09:21PM

T-shirt 1: "I Went to Adam-Ondi-Ahman and All I Got Was This Lousy Rock."

T-shirt 2: "I'm With Stupid-->"

Date: January 19, 2021 09:26PM

Shinehah Wrote:

“To me that symbolizes Mormonism and Mormons in so many ways.”

==What’s the big deal? People want to feel connected to their holy land.
If I visited the trinity test site, I would pick up a lot of trinitite. That’s also against the law.
That’s a real historical location. It marks the period of scientific advancement that changed the world in a big way. Before that time, nobody really knew what a physicist was or what they did. They barely knew what a scientist did. How many people read about scientific research?
After the development of the atomic bomb, everybody knew what physics (science) is capable of.

Little by little, science has gathered respect onto itself since it bears fruit after fruit.

~~~~iceman9090

Date: January 19, 2021 09:32PM

Is it possible that Joseph Smith declared that the Garden of Eden is in Missouri out of some kind of strategy? Perhaps he wanted americans to have a local holly site instead of one that is on the other side of the planet (Israel, Greece, Armenia)
Perhaps he wanted his mormon people to go to Missouri at some point in time?

~~~~iceman9090

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: January 20, 2021 03:28AM

I think Joseph cooked up another story when he saw a unique pile of rocks. I don’t think it’s more complicated than that. Joe made it up on the fly.

Posted by: Anziano Young ( )
Date: January 20, 2021 09:33AM

iceman9090 Wrote:
> Is it possible that Joseph Smith declared that the
> Garden of Eden is in Missouri out of some kind of
> strategy? Perhaps he wanted americans to have a
> local holly site instead of one that is on the
> other side of the planet (Israel, Greece,
> Armenia)
> Perhaps he wanted his mormon people to go to
> Missouri at some point in time?
>
> ~~~~iceman9090

The Mormons had already moved en masse to Missouri at the time. Far West had been established for two years already, and I think JS fully expected to remain there--so OF COURSE the Garden of Eden was nearby, completely coincidentally--it was an attempt to legitimize the Mormons' claim to the area. After JS got himself run out of Kirtland, it was very much an attitude of, "God wants us to be here in Missouri, FOR REAL THIS TIME."

Six months later, the State of Missouri decided they wanted the Mormons out. Then it was on to the next city, build a temple, "God wants us to be here in Illinois, FOR REAL THIS TIME." Five years later, on to Salt Lake, build a temple, "God wants us to be here in Mexico, FOR REAL THIS TIME."

You would think God would make up his mind, but no.

Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: January 20, 2021 05:26PM

Shinehah Wrote:
> My brother visited the supposed site of
> Adam-ondi-Ahman in Missouri. One of the senior
> missionaries stationed there told him that one of
> the main tasks of the missionaries was to keep
> gathering rocks to build up the altar that Adam
> built because Mormon visitors kept stealing the
> rocks as souvenirs.
> To me that symbolizes Mormonism and Mormons in so
> many ways.

Central States Mission in the early 1960's.(Independenc, MO headquarters) We did it with Ward members in the area. Local members said it was an ongoing project and every year they had to add some rocks. A member with a pickup truck would drive into a dry creekbed and we would use shovels to gouge up rocks of various sizes, then take them and place around the "Holy Site".

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: January 19, 2021 11:31AM

This 100% supports that which I have proposed for the last 15 years.
I believe that Sitchen injected some of his own thoghts into his translations but we cannot completely reject them because of this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2021 12:17PM by thedesertrat1.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 19, 2021 06:16PM

> I believe that Joseph Smith injected some of his own
> thoghts into his translations but we cannot
> completely reject them because of this.

Fixed that for you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.