Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 19, 2021 09:18PM

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ExMormon/?multi_permalinks=10158708754707570&comment_id=10158709165812570&notif_id=1611096294527880&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

This isn't an example to others because people other than Royalty MUST WAIT!

Couldn't Russ have done this on the Down-Low? YES, he could have!

Oh, and of course, Wendy went along for the ride!!!!

No conscience, No Humility, No Ethics or empathy whatsoever...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: January 19, 2021 09:40PM

Who do you think runs this State? Of course he goes, but he's inline with the rest of the oldsters that already got vaccinated. I think the photo op was to get the science denying mormons, holding anti mask rallies and refusing to get their kids tested for covid, an example. He needs to go further and deny church activities to anti vaxer members.

Date: January 19, 2021 09:46PM

O Yeah!

Right after ChurchCo, under his leadership, denies TRs to people who submit FALSE court documents (is my former wife reading this?)

ChurchCo leaders saw those documents but it seems that Honesty, Kindness along with Repentance & Forgiving ... all take a 'Divorce Vacation' in Morland!!!

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: January 19, 2021 09:58PM

What happened to the marvelous priesthood power? The ability to heal the sick, raise the dead, and call down the powers of heaven to stave off plagues and all manner of illness?
He and his boys don’t have any mustard seeds for themselves or anyone else.
They must’ve paid a pretty penny to get the vaccines?

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: January 19, 2021 11:13PM

This is what I was thinking. Between his garmies and some
priesthood blessings, he's got nothing to worry about, right?

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: January 20, 2021 01:19PM

valkyriequeen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What happened to the marvelous priesthood power?
> The ability to heal the sick, raise the dead, and
> call down the powers of heaven to stave off
> plagues and all manner of illness?
> He and his boys don’t have any mustard seeds for
> themselves or anyone else.
> They must’ve paid a pretty penny to get the
> vaccines?
In my 85 years on this planet I have never witnessed one single time that a person has been cured by a "priesthood blessing" of a disease from which they would not have otherwise recovered~!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2021 01:21PM by thedesertrat1.

Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: January 19, 2021 10:43PM

"Greater things than I have done, you will do" - supposedly said by Jesus.

Priesthood Power results show this to be true.

Jesus never had $124 Billion.

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: January 19, 2021 11:18PM

I was thinking about this the other day too. They believe that God has the power to create the whole world, and Jesus spent time on earth owning little more than the robe on his back and the sandals on his feet, and he has the power to return to earth, but that he'll need a little "start up" money when he does... to the tune of $100 billion!

(Are there any critical thinkers left in the Morg? Any at all?)

Posted by: My take ( )
Date: January 20, 2021 12:51AM

I think that it was a good move. It will encourage others to be vaccinated.

This was a nice reprieve from his endless broadly-stated and irrelevant press releases.

Date: January 20, 2021 01:15AM

My take Wrote:
> I think that it was a good move. It will
> encourage others to be vaccinated.

Yes, Mormons are such Sheeple many of them wait to do the right thing unless / until their leader messages them to do the right thing.

(In case U couldn't tell, I think the context is deplorable)

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: January 20, 2021 02:34AM

"No thanks. I am okay I have the Priesthood and give my shot to a more needy person."

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: January 20, 2021 04:13AM

Maybe Russ and Wendy's house classifies as a "rest home." The background in the photo didn't look like the Expo Center or a Hospital.

I wonder if they had to try to call the one phone number 349 times, with speed dial, over a period of 7 hours? When I finally got through, I was told all appointments were full, but just before that, the website that crashed came back on, and I thinbk I got an appointment, but there was no confirmation, and I had no idea of what time or day, I had to click so fast, before all the red flags went up and the appointments were full.

I'm Nobody.

Four hours later, I got a text confirmation that I had gotten an appointment for the 26th--FEBRUARY 26.

Five hours after that, I got a text that the Feb 25 & 26 appointments were cancelled. I cried.

The next morning, the news said that the cancellations were a mistake. At two that afternoon, I got a text that said my appointment is back on.

About a week after that, all the news stations said that there are no vaccines available, and no reserve vaccine second doses existed, either.

But we're super-glad to know that our prophet and his bride are protected.

I'll probably drive down to the Expo Center, just to see if anything is happening, but I have little hope of getting a vaccination, anytime soon, before they open it up to everyone, and we have to camp overnight somewhere. Not fun for an older person, or for anyone else, really.

We're all Nobody.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 20, 2021 07:44AM

I don't have a problem with this. Due to his age, he's in group 1b, which has begun in many areas including where I live. Plus he is setting an example to TBMs and anti-vaxers.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: January 20, 2021 11:14AM

I agree mostly, but I also think they shouldn't have it both ways.

They don't get to talk about Jesus ministering among the sick and poor any more. Period. What would Jesus do? He'd be first in line getting the vaccine and putting away money while preaching healing faith for everyone else, am I right?

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: January 21, 2021 05:26PM

As a medicine man, I contend that Jesus now works most of his miracles and healing through modern medicine.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 21, 2021 05:41PM

That's what my father used to say when explaining why the church doesn't "do" miracles anymore.

Date: January 21, 2021 07:50PM

Realistically, who knows if he ever "did" them?

Date: January 22, 2021 01:31AM

I mean "do" in the sense of believe in, teach, and (report that others in unverifiable times and places) perform them.

As a factual matter? Color me (profoundly) skeptical.

Date: January 23, 2021 12:14AM

Got it. Most scholars are skeptical, are they not?

Date: January 23, 2021 01:15AM

I'm just teasing you, scmd. I'm sure you are as skeptical as any of us when it comes to your professional life.

Date: January 21, 2021 05:43PM

Right, like those miracles he did with the barbers with leeches. ;-)

I'm OK with that as long as they give the credit to the medicine man!

Date: January 22, 2021 01:32AM

Or the medicine woman, Dr. Quinn.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: January 20, 2021 11:38AM

he must have got the word to get the shot from on high. Here in Idaho (think that number of vaccines administered is around a paltry 33% of doses received) we have no clue whether or not we will be notified of our appointment or if we have hang on to the phone for hours to reach someone who can tell us our appointed time. A direct line to on high has its advantages.

Date: January 20, 2021 12:22PM

I feel the same frustration here in SE Idaho, kentish. Idaho has had plenty of time to plan and they have failed bigly. We have no idea how to even get on a list.

Date: January 20, 2021 07:20PM

So "bigly" is with us still?

I think that is a yuge mistake and you will come to view it as a covfefe in a very short period of time.

Date: January 20, 2021 07:55PM

Hey, consider those vocabulary additions part of the legacy from the last 4 years to be cherished. ;-)

Date: January 20, 2021 08:53PM

I have always considered you a very stable genius with the best words.

Date: January 20, 2021 01:08PM

Try as I may it is difficult not to be cynical about the Idaho vaccination rate. The world has been waiting months for a vaccine and when it come Idaho appears to have been taken by surprise. It is hard to get exact figures on the numbers vaccinated after one month but I will be generous and say 70,000, but with a population a little short of 1.8 million it does not require much ability with maths to see how long it will take for every resident to receive one.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: January 20, 2021 05:22PM

OF COURSE He Be da Man!!!!

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: January 20, 2021 06:50PM

BUT "ye of little faith!" Can't stand the man, so prefer he didn't get a vaccine.

Here in Cache Valley Mother Who Knows and anyone else (but it might be too late), the pharmacy a few blocks from my house was giving vaccinations for $95 and then Spencer Cox said on the news that anyone who had to pay would be reimbursed. That was Monday, so the vaccines they had might be gone. I'm not old enough. Maybe I'll be on the next batch since I have diabetes. My sister who is a school teacher in Idaho gets her on the 26th of January. Her 43 year old daughter has chosen not to get one (she is a school teacher, too). My niece isn't a mormon and wears masks, etc., but she has a bad response to the flu vaccine and is concerned.

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: January 20, 2021 07:17PM

Twas always thus: The rich and the famous always go first.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: January 21, 2021 11:59AM

Fine with me. Let the church leaders be the guinea pigs. We don’t even know if these vaccines even work or what the side effects are.

Date: January 21, 2021 05:23PM

GNPE Wrote:

> This isn't an example to others because people
> other than Royalty MUST WAIT!
>
> Couldn't Russ have done this on the Down-Low? YES,
> he could have!

Might Nelson possibly have been concerned about church members falling for the various anti-vaxxers' conspiracy theories, and might he have considered this a way of persuading some of them that there's not all that much to fear from the vaccine?

Moreover, my parents live in Utah, are sixty-eight and seventy-one, are not considered in high risk categories other than for age, and have both received their first doses of the vaccine. What is wrong with Nelson having received it? Isn't he roughly ninety-six years old?

Date: January 22, 2021 01:27AM

scmd1 Wrote:
What is wrong with Nelson having received it? Isn't he
roughly ninety-six years old?

Nothing Wrong with anyone receiving the vax!

If it wasn't clear, what I have a problem with is Anyone 'jumping the line' by reason of extraordinary influence, 'politics', a non-medical choice - reason.

That sets the entirely WRONG example to others who might need it for worse circumstances.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2021 01:30AM by GNPE.

Date: January 23, 2021 12:17AM

I admit to ignorance in regard to Utah's vaccine situation, but is it really "jumping in line" for a ninety-six-year-old to get it?

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: January 23, 2021 01:18AM

No, it isn't.

Utah's vaccine plan

https://coronavirus.utah.gov/utah-teachers-school-staff-older-adults-to-receive-covid-19-vaccine/

"Teachers and staff members in Utah’s K-12 schools will be eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine beginning the week of January 11. Utah Gov. Spencer J. Cox made the announcement in Friday’s COVID-19 briefing. Utah adults 70 and older will be eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine beginning the week of January 18."

Date: January 23, 2021 11:21AM

Where I live, people outside the medical circle including housekeepers, nurses, dentists & physicians, first responders, etc.

must wait in line to receive their vax. Here in Sequim, people start showing up for the queue at the sites @ about 0500 and wait for hours to get their vax;

We are a 'show up' not a 'sign up' place.

Russ is retired from medical employment and I guess his wife is also a non-medical personnel individual.

me: Anyone who doesn't think that the GAs enjoy lots of varied Royal Privileges in Utah isn't in touch with reality.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 23, 2021 11:46AM

grounds supervisor. He was rather shocked when they had him get one, but he is in and out of the hospital all the time. They said they had to cover all their bases. He has had his first and second. He also has an illness that would put him in line for the next group.

Posted by: logged off today ( )
Date: January 26, 2021 08:39PM

Date: January 23, 2021 11:44AM

Read somewhere that Pennsylvania is moving smokers into a priority bracket because they are vulnerable. Thinking about it that makes me a whole lot more puzzled than a 90+ year old getting it early.

Posted by: Anon for this ... ( )
Date: January 27, 2021 10:17PM

Jumping in front of people in their 50s even.

Everything in Utah is" who you know" or who your relatives are.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.