Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: February 15, 2021 05:16PM

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/larry-king-estranged-wife-will-165537417.html

Is this the Mormon wife? If she wins will she pay tithing on it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: February 15, 2021 05:38PM

Even if she doesn't get anything from the will, since they were in the middle of a divorce, shouldn't she still receive some sort of settlement that she would have received when the divorce was finalized?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 15, 2021 06:04PM

It stands to reason that if the divorce is/was not final, then she becomes the sole owner of any property they held either in joint tenancy or tenancy in common... It could be that with sufficient encumbrance, ownership of such property has no value, but that's hard to figure.

If she's got the keys to the house, who is going to take any personal property, including his, from her? Good ol' 'possession is 9/10ths of the law...

Life insurance? It'd probably be an old policy and she might not be listed as a beneficiary.

Two of his five children are deceased, so I guess the survivors get a bigger share.

It would be my guess that her only real leverage is to threaten oodles of litigation if they don't cut her a piece of the puny two million dollar pie. I would be amused if attorneys on both sides ended up getting most of the money.

Would an attorney take her side of this on a contingency basis?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: February 15, 2021 06:40PM

Other sources put his net worth at $50 million, which to me makes more sense than $2 million and also explains why she's intent upon fighting over the "principle" of the matter.

If $50 million is correct, I'm sure she can find an attorney who is likewise concerned about principle and will work on a contingency basis.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 16, 2021 06:38PM

Yes, there are laws in place that will protect her. Her attorney will get a nice cut as well.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: February 16, 2021 03:54PM

a gold digger marries an old troll for love. Yeah, love of money.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 16, 2021 06:39PM

He chose to marry her. No one put a gun to his head.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 16, 2021 09:33PM

which head?

Posted by: montanadude ( )
Date: February 21, 2021 02:13PM

The head he shouldn't have been using his whole life to make relationship decisions. Obviously not the one connected to his head. You have to wonder how much he paid to ex-wives over the years.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.