Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: forgotmyname ( )
Date: February 18, 2021 03:01PM

"Here's my perfect family -- in matching outfits -- posed for professional photography in front of a dramatic landscape that highlights how perfect we all look!" #lighttheworld!!

"Here's me lounging in my perfect-looking home with all the amenities!" #hottub!!

"Here's my family on a ski vacation to Aspen!" #blessed!!

"And here we are in Hawai'i -- again!" #soblessed!!

Enough already.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: February 18, 2021 03:37PM

No one forces you to look.

Get a Library card, check out some good books and read instead of looking at them.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: February 18, 2021 03:44PM

No one forces you to be snide, judgmental, and tacky.

Get a library card, check out some good books, perhaps some about how some social behaviors just don't work?

Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: February 18, 2021 11:37PM

Done & Done Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No one forces you to be snide, judgmental, and
> tacky.
>
> Get a library card, check out some good books,
> perhaps some about how some social behaviors just
> don't work?

I have one and use it. Maybe you should try it? Then you could work on getting rid of the Mormonness you are showing.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: February 19, 2021 12:04AM

Given your attacks yesterday on African Americans, Native Americans, and others, you have no grounds on which to urge others to behave courteously.

But extra points for unintentional irony!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 18, 2021 04:31PM

Would we exchange our own problems for someone else's? I'm guessing in most cases we would not, because we know that a book's pleasing cover doesn't always portend a good tale.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: February 18, 2021 05:07PM

You know you can filter out/ignore people you don’t care to hear from on social media, right?
Either that or unplug.
But I don’t envy picture perfect MORmONs, who are mentally enslaved by the abusive CULT we inherited.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: February 18, 2021 05:12PM

very true. I get these posts all the time on facebook, What intrigues me the most is how many numerous comments and likes these people receive. One of my high school classmates (seminary teacher, 5 kids, big new house) will occasionally post how much he 'loves' Nelson, or how inspired he is by the some apostle, or something... And then my whole highschool will come out and adore his post. I just don't get this? Is he bribing them to respond like that?

I guess some people just attract friends and get everyone's love. Even for inane reasons. These types of people never post anything of any substance, nothing wise or reflecting of the current political situation.

It baffles me...

Posted by: Razortooth ( )
Date: February 18, 2021 07:11PM

I'm waiting for that perfect family snapshot from the celestial kingdom.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 18, 2021 07:30PM

I unfriend her. I choose to not follow her, but my sisters follow her. She is notorious for extreme stories of how wonderful their life is (although she did cheat on her husband, but not many know). So about 2 weeks ago, my older sister said that this woman has brain cancer, the bad kind (I had a neighbor die of it recently--glioblastoma). I told her I didn't believe it. Too many lies in all the years we've known her (I was about 8 when they moved in and I'm 63). I told my sister I was going to watch and wait.

They did a go fund me page and then a few days later they asked for more money. Then someone asked her to update us on her cancer. Lo and behold, prayer works!!!! The doctor said that what she has isn't bad and it is curable. He got the BIOPSY BACK.

Guess what, the donations stopped. The amount on her go fund me page started to decrease.

She has lied so many times that I just knew she was exaggerating. She starts a go fund me page when she didn't even have the results of the biopsy back. I'm suspicious of even the biopsy story as she didn't have any surgery to biopsy HER BRAIN. No bandages in the pictures, etc.

Everyone keeps talking about how all their prayers were answered, that miracles do happen, blah blah blah blah

I don't "follow" those on fb who have friended me and are mormon. I still have some mormon friends who I follow, but they are down to earth and act normal.

Didn't know "go fund me" as one word was a banned word here!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2021 07:32PM by cl2.

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: February 18, 2021 11:51PM

Biopsy for glioblastoma cancers is quite an involved procedure, that usually follows extensive imaging with CAT scans, MRI and PET scans. I was involved in a research project where GB tumors could be characterized by PET images following the administration of of special molecules that target GB cancer cells. I have not kept up with the literature but I suspect, a fairly confident diagnosis can be done quickly --- so getting a delayed diagnosis of of a "benign brain tumor" after suspected GB seems pretty suspect.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 21, 2021 10:39PM

and want to share it, but didn't think it needed its own thread, because there's not really much to say once my point is made.

She was one of the ward MIA-maids when I was dating her Laurel sister, so just a couple of years younger. I knew her name and what she looked like, but as teens, two-years is a big gap.

Here's what was said:

"_______ spent her life in constant service to others. She loved serving her family and spoiling her grandchildren. She loved the gospel of Jesus Christ and served in many different capacities in her church, offering complete devotion to whatever calling she was asked to serve in.

"
______ had an amazing talent of making everyone she came in contact with feel like they were the most important person in the world and was a loving friend to all she met. She loved sharing her testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ with her family through letters, e-mails, texts, and her constant example of righteous living and her emulation of her Savior. She was selfless and the epitome of charity. Her family was her whole life..."

(And yes, the ellipis was in the original!!)

See what we've lost as exmos? Although for me, if my eldest child writes my obit, my 'years and years of devoted church serve, my mission and my graduation from the Y' will be featured.

Some of you may suffer the same fate, eh?

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 21, 2021 11:39PM

I like the ones that are all dressed in camo...but that's a personal thing..lol

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: February 22, 2021 01:43PM

I saw a lot of TBM camo photos. They didn't wear good camouflage though, I could still see them.

Posted by: Belle ( )
Date: February 27, 2021 09:53AM

Oh Geesh, I needed that laugh! Thank you!

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: February 22, 2021 03:06PM

So sick of it I deactivated my social media accounts.
Social Media does more harm than good, IMHO.
And in Edward Snowdon's opinion.

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: February 22, 2021 03:15PM

I've unfollowed the worst offenders, including someone who bragged about "crying" while in the same room as Nelson.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: February 25, 2021 03:46PM

Utah has a high bankruptcy and foreclosure rate. I have some family members like that who post on facebook perfect pictures and later I found out that they had to move into their in laws home because of foreclosure on their home. Mormonism is supposed to make people prosper so I think bragging is kind of showing their righteousness. I am paying my tithing and that's why I am being blessed.

Posted by: Wowza ( )
Date: February 26, 2021 08:24AM

A lot of conservative women are taught that their worth is measured by how smoothly everything is running in their family and home. To maintain social status and prove that they are doing a good job in that endeavor you get the immaculate home and professional photos with matching outfits, the perfect trip to Cancun, etc.

I wouldn't worry about it or look down on them or anything. Its just something they consider and have been taught is of utmost importance.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: February 27, 2021 01:24PM

It seems to be the nature of social media, with Instagram being the most blatant IMO. The obnoxious factor for Mormons may be to the right of the mean, but it's all gag-inducing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.