Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: February 19, 2021 06:42PM

I have a granddaughter--who was about 5 or 6 years old at the time, who told her mother, and me, that when she was playing alone in her backyard, she had a vision, which she later told her mother about (who is my daughter-in law).

She said that she saw Jesus sitting on a bench that was against their backyard tree. He put her on his lap, and gently asked her if she was being a good girl, at which time she answered "Yes."

Not long after this, the same girl was in the backseat of the family's car, when He came to her again (as if in a cartoon balloon), and told her how much He loved her.

----

What made me think of this extremely uncommon event is because she (through her parents), just sent me a "Happy Veterans Day!" drawing (my husband was in the Army Air-cor in England during WWII, seven years before I met him).

By the way, he narrowly missed having to be the photographer of the German's Jewish population who had just been liberated from their prison of dis-pear, awaiting their own execution.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 19, 2021 08:00PM

I don't doubt the sincerity of your g.daughter, but the origin of those thoughts cannot be determined.

After all, a vision is 100% in your mind, correct?

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: February 20, 2021 01:06AM

pollythinks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> She said that she saw Jesus sitting on a bench
> that was against their backyard tree. He put her
> on his lap, and gently asked her if she was being
> a good girl, at which time she answered "Yes."

Call the police.

Date: February 20, 2021 01:07AM

Maybe she can also spot "Jesus" in a photo lineup.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: February 20, 2021 07:18AM

My DW saw actual Santa in her house when she was like 5. Do the cops get a bunch of mall Santas for the lineup?

Date: February 20, 2021 11:05AM

They need to.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 20, 2021 01:18AM

A vision happens in your imagination.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: February 20, 2021 11:54AM

Though I don't agree with you on many things Polly, I think it's possible. I have seen and experienced things I can't explain. I think that our guides sometimes come to us in ways we can understand and accept. I'm not Christian, so I believe one of her guides came to her in a form she could understand and accept. This also tells me that she was probably very troubled in some way.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 20, 2021 12:02PM

According to that, Heidi---

should all troubled ppl get a vision from a guide?

I often would like extra-ordinary, valid guidance!!

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: February 20, 2021 05:29PM

We all have different things to learn. Sometimes, we have to learn them on our own. And, just because you don't see them, doesn't mean they're not there.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: February 21, 2021 12:01PM

And just because you do see them doesn't mean they are there.

Two-edged sword.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 20, 2021 12:24PM

A lot of young children have difficulties with distinguishing between fantasy and reality. It's a developmental stage. Hence parents can tell them tales about Santa Claus flying through the sky, and the tooth fairy. They hit another developmental milestone around age 8 or 9, when reality kicks in.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: February 20, 2021 01:00PM

My 5 year old granddaughter recently claimed the Grinch visited her. Then for a while, she said Cindy Lou was in the car with us. Cindy Lou would talk to her and ask her if she wanted to play.

If OP's granddaughter actually sat on some guy's lap, I have some thoughts:

I'm with Kathleen. She may not distinguish a creepy neighbor taking advantage of her. Beware. Children are gullible.

I'd like to know, if Jesus was physically there, what kind of magic physics he uses to come and go undetected. Funny how he just shows up to naïve people and never leaves any proof.

Lastly, most Christian children have seen a picture of enamored kids sitting with Jesus. They notice the attention their parents give to Jesus. I think some kids notice they get particular recognition when they zone in on certain things that gets mom thinking they are special. If she was around people talking about Jesus all the time, I can guess who she would claim visited her.

My guess is that the story will become family lore and the child will believe and embellish it, kind of like other people do with visions and dreams.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.