Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 20, 2021 09:52PM

From our side of the fence, we have no problem with putting 1 + 1 together to get 2. Pity the problem of the believers.

BY F'ing pulled it out o his butt when he revealed the curse on the lineage of Cain. He made it up! Sure, there are Saint-ly advocates who continue to preach that it was merited when it existed, but now the lord said they can have the priesthood. A prophet would never fib about doctrine!

Apparently faithful members are asking, "Did BY make that shizz up?"

https://bycommonconsent.com/2021/02/11/whether-the-temple-and-priesthood-restriction-was-mistaken/?utm_source=Salt+Lake+Tribune&utm_campaign=1c4117c52c-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2021_02_18_03_11&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_dc2415ff28-1c4117c52c-44909665

In support of the righteousness of the ban, the author acknowledges that back in the day of the 12 tribes, only the Levites could hold the priesthood. So see? Ghawd knows how to be exclusionary!

You'll have your own thoughts on this issue...

What surprises me is that this is getting 'air time'.

BY and some later prophets (looking at you Spencer!) screwed the pooch ...

"Instead of seeing it as a mistake and moving on, those hoping to see it as God’s will have to go through various contortions that, in my opinion, perpetuate damage to the Body of Christ, and contribute to a loss of faith among our people."

Lots of thoughts surface reading this. But none of those thoughts suggest, at least in my mind, that I need to give up my newly formed habit of drinking 16 ounces of coffee every morning.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: February 20, 2021 11:35PM

The church does not make mistakes. It does not apologize. Imagine being married to someone like that.

All religions are made up. Older religions get their crazy parts reformed over time. LDS keeps the crazy parts because it’s a cult.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: February 21, 2021 10:34AM

Hopefully, more TBM's will finally see TSCC as one huge "mistake" and "move on".
I really enjoy coffee every morning, but elderolddog: while 16 ounces is quite a few,no one will beat Teddy Roosevelt's coffee consumption: He drank between 1-2 gallons of coffee every single day. :D

Date: February 21, 2021 11:34AM

> elderolddog: ... 16 ounces is quite

My measuring cup says that 16 ounces is two cups.

And on the side of the can, it says how much per 6 oz cup.

So I drink two REAL cups or just under three dainty cups...

That can't be bad, right?

Back on point...

I drink it black. The church says that this alone will keep me out of the East Bench of Heaven, because I can't have a Temple Recommend, so, too bad, so sad, go ta hell.

False prophecy? Will they ever admit that while at least JoJu said it wasn't a commandment, BY DID lie when he said it was? And will they let it be what the D&C says it is, a recommendation, albeit quite a bit off the mark in terms of reality.

Also, one piercing per ear is a commandment? Or have they said that it's just a fashion guide? Do BY female students get kicked off campus for two or more, and male students for one or more?

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: February 21, 2021 12:22PM

How did Teddy get anything done with having to visit the men's room as often as he certainly had to do?

Date: February 21, 2021 12:24PM

That's a pisser of a question to pose at breakfast time for the western hemisphere!

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: February 21, 2021 02:29PM

Do Mormon prophets make things up? Consider what prophets have said about coffee and tea:

First there was a recommendation against hot drinks.
Then coffee and tea were strictly prohibited as part of the "Lord's Law of Health".
Then along came scientific studies touting the health benefits of moderate amounts of coffee and tea.

Now coffee and tea are prohibited as an easy and highly visible way to check obedience to the prophet!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.