Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: February 22, 2021 10:05PM

In a closed thread:

caffiend said:
Most of those, caused by Mankind and inflicted upon their fellows.
But go ahead, blame God.
The list tells me we're not evolving; we're devolving. Maybe Bill Gates is right, the planet will be more peaceful if we depopulate it. If you trust our oligarch overlords. They seem to know what's best for us, or at least they think they do.

"We are stardust
Billion year old carbon
We are golden
Caught in the devil's bargain
And we've got to get ourselves
back to the garden." (Joni Mitchell)

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2362067

synonymous responded:

"Maybe Bill Gates is right, the planet will be more peaceful if we depopulate it."

Bill Gates never said this. Nor is Gates in favor of depopulating the planet. This is a Q-level conspiracy theory you apparently believe in.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 22, 2021 10:27PM

I believe that Bill Gates favors educating women in very poor countries about the means available to limit how many children they have.

I think he sees that these people need not only the opportunity but the means, easily accessible, to avoid pregnancy.

It's not a stretch to posit that poverty and acquisition of knowledge go hand in hand. So if a failure to educate a people about 'choices' exists, then said people remain steeped in the behaviours (for CZ and other royalists; I'm looking at you, Tom in Paris!) that created the poverty they exist in! Circular thinking always makes me dizzy...

Birth Control (yes, that's what it is...) has a hard time catching on in poor countries where education is limited. Why? I don't know; I can't even guess. Maybe kids are counted as wealth?

But that's what I see Bill Gates working towards: lowering birth rates in poor countries. Why does he prefers that method over just giving over a nice fat stipend for every baby born so that having kids equal being rich? There's probably a reason I'm too dumb to figure out. ...Plus I'm old. What do I know?

HEY! You kids get off my lawn!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.