Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: February 23, 2021 01:08AM

Read to day that here in Boise the local mall has had 29 businesses there since the pandemic began.it does not bode well for these shopping malls in an Amazon world. The recovery will take a long time when things get back to normal. Retail appears to be fighting a losing battle any way. The virus makes it worse.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: February 23, 2021 01:48AM

Did you mean to say there were 29 businesses that closed since the pandemic began?

Retail is struggling, but I think there is a lot of pent up clothes shopping going to happen this summer. And the return to restaurants.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: February 23, 2021 01:53AM

its just two more weeks ~

to flatten the covid curve ~

wear your mask OPie ~

Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: February 23, 2021 08:57AM

and being led by a true prophet and all that delight:

City Creek Mall.

Lol

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 23, 2021 09:49AM

We won't have any anchor stores once Cal Ranch moves to the old Kmart building. Wingers had just redone part of the mall into this fancy restaurant and they had a COVID outbreak and they are closed for the time being. Victoria's Secret closed. JC Penney of course closed during the pandemic.

It seems most of the restaurants have survived so far. There are a lot of people in the restaurants (I should know, I go to them). Movies not so much. The main theater company is huge (Millers who own the Jazz partially now), but there are SO FEW people in the theaters. Usually we are the only ones or there are 2 to 4 more people there. Plenty of room for social distancing. Problem is is there are so few good movies. I love going to movies, so this has been my biggest sacrifice.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: February 25, 2021 11:27AM

Had my second Pfizer shot Tuesday. Apart from a knot in my arm no other reaction. Except perhaps expectant gladness.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: February 25, 2021 03:17PM

Good to hear, kentish.

I don't think my turn is coming up until maybe late summer. I hope Canada gets more supply so things can go faster. Our % of vaccinated population is still low. Somehow we got left out in the cold re the distribution chain. Too bad, as we used to manufacture vaccines in Canada. Somehow that capability died off.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 25, 2021 07:22PM

I got my second dose of the Moderna vaccine today. I'm one of those people that has gotten a good kick in the butt from each dose, although today was somewhat better than the first time. I'm grateful to have gotten it.

Through networking with my fellow teachers, I was able to help my eligible elderly family members secure appointments as well. They received their first dose of the Pfizer vaccine a week ago.

I was fascinated by the shift in my fellow patients. A month ago, half of the people in the recovery area were medical professionals getting their second dose. Today most were seniors. I also noticed that there were nearly double the number of patients going through today compared to a month ago.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: February 28, 2021 06:41AM

Well done!

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: February 25, 2021 05:15PM

I am sure it will come. The J&J vaccine should help. When more affluent countries have been covered it will present a tremendous opportunity for a world wide humanitarian effort to reach the less fortunate populations of the world. Kind of like the airline injunction of putting on your own mask before helping others. I am grateful we got in early as soon as it was opened up to our age group in Idaho.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.