Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: February 23, 2021 01:43PM

...on my Mission that I lied to them by omission unknowingly???

& wouldn't that also be considered the honest "restitution" part of my cherished repentance process?

Isn't that what the Lard would truly want me to do?

Enquiring minds wanna know!!!

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: February 23, 2021 03:54PM

It's not a lie if it was unwitting. But yes, I have thought about that question a lot.

I couldn't locate most of the ones whom I led to the edge of the font. On the one hand it's okay because I doubt any of them stayed around for more than a few months; on the other, it would be a liberating experience for me to track those converts down and apologize. It would mean that I view them as human beings rather than just numbers.

My, what regrets we all have!

Posted by: kantgomo ( )
Date: February 23, 2021 10:27PM

Just a heads up, this is written from a nevermo evangelical perspective. I’ll speak as one who was in the teaching pool for a long time. If I could write to my former missionaries, I’d write...

Dear LDS missionary,
It was never your fault that I could not join the LDS church. It wasn’t a lack of faith on your part or those secret sins all of us struggle with. You gave it your very best and taught me well. I could not have been taught better the doctrine of TCoJCoLDS. I couldn’t join because I didn’t need The LDS church in order to possess the promises of God. All I needed was Christ.

I could almost guarantee that the jerk AP struggled with his testimony more than all of you combined. I suspect he wasn’t kind to you.

I hope you will remember me and recognized that I did my best to show you love. I truly learned and grew spiritually by knowing and spending time with you guys. I was sad the day you guys said you couldn’t teach me any longer.

I knew about the lies, but I had to be careful what I said to you. I knew that one day, years later, you would have to confront the lies and how difficult this would be for you. If I could help to ease your burdens, that is what I wanted to do. I still pray for you, even 19 years later.

So, yeah, as a former investigator, I’d like more than anything to hear from the missionaries that taught me around 2002.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2021 10:28PM by kantgomo.

Date: February 23, 2021 10:28PM

That is touching. Thank you for sharing it.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: February 24, 2021 11:07PM

face the facts OPie ~

you lied to those poor peolple ~

you need to repent ~

Date: February 24, 2021 11:10PM

send money

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.