Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 28, 2021 01:38PM

If ChurchCo is going to take the full trip to ending racism, It needs to know the lay of the land as of today.

Different cultures are DIFFERENT! They don't share histories, values - priorities identical to each others. For since the beginning, the LDS Church has carved out it's own culture (for a moment setting aside the included term 'cult') its own set of values, some similar to those of surrounding folks. This is sometimes described by academicians as folkways, each with its own mini-history (often passed verbally) as folklore.

In a similar vein, Black Africans / Black Americans (including Canadians) have developed a separate set of folkways (synonym by me for 'culture').

I am proposing that we (ChurchCo members & interested people) might benefit from a scholarly side-by-side comparison of Black African culture(s) and Mormon Cultures.

Of Course this suggests inclusion of the teachings of Mormon leaders relevant to slavery & the PH.

Perhaps such an essay exists, I would like to read it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2021 01:45PM by GNPE.

Options: ReplyQuote
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.