Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: March 05, 2021 06:51PM

Four more weeks to go. What will they say this time? And, more importantly, what will they avoid mentioning?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: March 05, 2021 07:21PM

They will pat themselves on the back for their “inspired” response to the pandemic.

They won’t reveal anything of substance.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 05, 2021 07:38PM

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: March 05, 2021 08:06PM

Here are my possible picks for the conference Bingo cards:

They will pride themselves on their "diversity" of thought since the two UT GOP senators are both Mormon and have opposing views.

They will talk about how they contributed to those in need during the pandemic which of course is not true considering the mountain of money they have. Probably a talk will include some lame story about how someone gave up something to help someone in need (e.g. Billy sold lemonade to help Bobby pay for his dad's hospital, blah, blah.)

They will somehow begin to take some credit for helping with expanded rights for LGBT people since it's clear they are going to have to adapt on this issue.

They will talk about how wonderful it was for families to stay home (stories about delivering sacrament to those at home, blah, blah).

They will talk about how someone got off a ventilator after praying or some sort of COVID healing claim.

They will blab on about how INSPIRED the prophet is which I'm guessing means he was conscious.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 05, 2021 08:13PM

dagny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They will blab on about how INSPIRED the prophet
> is which I'm guessing means he was conscious.

THAT is inspired.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: March 05, 2021 08:07PM

"My dear brothers and sisters, I'm humbled to...ramble and ramble..when my children were young...ramble and (chuckle). Today I feel inspired to speak to you about...ramble, ramble, ramble, ramble....and ramble. So you see....ramble ramble. Tithing and of course...ramble ramble etc. Even Jesus Christ Amen"

Date: March 05, 2021 08:12PM

You nailed it!

Add the token female speaker:

"My dear brothers and sisters, our children...ramble, ramble, sniff, sniff, ramble, follow the prophet, special children..."

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: March 05, 2021 08:55PM

They will take huge victory laps about the $20M donated to Unicef for covid relief. What I heard on the news tonight was that the $20M wasn't taken out of their $100B cash on hand but was donated by members. Again.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: March 05, 2021 10:12PM

Instead of an Easter service like every other christian church, TSCC will have general conference. There will be a couple of references to Easter made during talks in between pushes for "religious freedom" and tithing.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 05, 2021 10:28PM

Temples!

The word on the launch pad is that the space station is getting a Temple module!

That’s gonna promote a big gasp of awe from the audience!

Date: March 05, 2021 11:42PM

Not only the space station, they are planning one for Mars!

The Mars rover is not there to look for signs of life actually. Mormons happen to know it is really roaming Mars to find the best location for a temple.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 06, 2021 02:11AM

Russell M Nelson will look downright creepy.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 06, 2021 03:13AM

Mark Hofmann will be named an Apostate Emeritus.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.