Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 06, 2021 05:30PM

Covidiots ... Parents teaching kids to burn masks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPRPDPjw3JA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2021 05:32PM by Dave the Atheist.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: March 06, 2021 05:57PM

They are practicing for when they burn books next.

A Tweeter named Noel Casler had the same thoughts as me. He said, "Those folks that took their kids to a mask burning today should let them visit a refrigerated truck stacked with bodies tomorrow just to round out the experience. Maybe let ‘em listen in on a zoom call as someone says goodbye to their loved one before they die alone in a hallway."

Date: March 20, 2021 09:41AM

You can't make this stuff up.

Yesterday the Idaho Legislature had to close up due to a COVID outbreak. Somehow they never seem to make the connection.

Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: March 06, 2021 06:02PM

Stupid fucks.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 06, 2021 06:06PM

mikemitchell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Stupid fucks ...

and doesn't use protection.

Thus the cycle ...

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: March 06, 2021 06:12PM

Idaho- Utah Lite.

Posted by: SpacePineapple ( )
Date: March 06, 2021 09:17PM

Over a half a million dead, the worst body count of any society. And this morons still don't get it. That says something about our nation and it isn't good.

Posted by: Adam the Warrior ( )
Date: March 06, 2021 09:42PM

Well it is idaho and that is all I will say.

Posted by: SpacePineapple ( )
Date: March 06, 2021 10:05PM

I hear you. Idaho, in parts, has some amazing natural beauty. And I'm not going to say anything more than that. Yah, ID.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: March 24, 2021 06:15PM

Same for Utah. Idaho and Utah are very beautiful states. When it comes to scenery. That's the ONLY good thing you can say about either one of them.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 06, 2021 10:18PM

Arson

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: March 06, 2021 11:06PM

Idaho may be Utah Light in some ways but they are heavy on crazy.

Idaho is the new Florida.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 06, 2021 11:32PM

Or alternatively, Florida is the old Idaho--which is true in a couple of ways!

Posted by: Adam the Warrior ( )
Date: March 07, 2021 05:21PM

Utah may be Idaho light at this point. I'm from Arizona so please don't confuse me with the people of Idaho. Please. Thanks. This is not my tribe. Not even close. I landed here by accident and not by choice I promise.

Half the people here wear the same underwear as each other sooooo yeah don't include me in this.

Thanks,
Adam

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: March 22, 2021 04:37PM

You're excluded from the Clan of Potato Loons.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 06, 2021 11:57PM

If I were a young person looking at the military as a career choice, I might think twice about defending those yahoos.

Date: March 07, 2021 01:06AM

Oh!

Summer's getting her Irish up!

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: March 07, 2021 03:16PM

On the other hand, one of the reasons I enlisted in the Navy years back was to get away from said yahoos.

Date: March 07, 2021 03:23PM

Nope. There are no conspiracy-theorizing, white-supremacist-sympathizing, insurrectionist morons in the armed forces. None at all.

Nor are there any in the country's various police forces.

Date: March 07, 2021 03:54PM

I'm sorry to say I knew a few morons like that in the fleet. I just wanted to get out of Idaho, see the ocean, and get money for college.

We've got to work on getting the number of white supremacist shitbags in the armed forces and police down to zero.

Date: March 07, 2021 04:16PM

ookami Wrote:
> I'm sorry to say I knew a few morons like that in
> the fleet. I just wanted to get out of Idaho, see
> the ocean, and get money for college.

I understand that completely.

---------------
> We've got to work on getting the number of white
> supremacist shitbags in the armed forces and
> police down to zero.

The number of White Supremacists in the White House has fallen sharply, so progress on the other fronts is possible.

Date: March 07, 2021 04:34PM

Lot's Wife Wrote:
> The number of White Supremacists in the White
> House has fallen sharply, so progress on the other
> fronts is possible.

Here's hoping!

Date: March 07, 2021 05:13PM

>>On the other hand, one of the reasons I enlisted in the Navy years back was to get away from said yahoos.

Good point!

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 07, 2021 12:13AM

Masks are the new bras.

Date: March 07, 2021 04:16PM

You won't wear a bra either?

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: March 22, 2021 11:47AM

A bra? Nope.

A Bro or a Manzier, perhaps.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 07, 2021 01:03AM

Over half a million dead.

They're Insane.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 07, 2021 01:16AM

I can forgive cluelessness. We all start clueless.

It is the taking pride in being clueless that gets to me.

Date: March 07, 2021 02:47AM

As Chris Hedges put it, the religious right have been pushed so far to the right that they are now insane.

Date: March 07, 2021 02:54AM

Did you say QAnon? A stolen election? The insurgents were patriots and/or Antifa? March 4? March 20? Pizzagate?

Nah, that stuff is real.

Really.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2021 02:56AM by Lot's Wife.

Date: March 07, 2021 03:05AM

The real mystery to half of them is why Trump didn’t use his Jesus superpowers to overturn the election.

Date: March 07, 2021 03:30PM

Oh, he did. But UPS was on strike so they kept having to postpone delivery of the miracle--from November 8th, to January 6th, to January 20th, to March 4th, and now to March 20th.

It's like the End of Days, originally scheduled by Jesus for the first century but then postponed several times. But hey, what do a couple of millennia matter?

A believer just believes.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 07, 2021 01:42AM

Posted by: Wowza ( )
Date: March 07, 2021 03:05AM

I have heard scientists say that this is just a dress rehearsal for what is likely to come. That as we keep encroaching on wilderness we will encounter more virulent strains of zoonotic diseases that have potential kill rates into the double digits. When the next plague hits, its going to get a foothold and spread rapidly because of yahoos like this that can't take simple measures to prevent disease spread.

Masks are the least intrusive thing we could be doing. Slapping on a piece of fabric and staying 6 feet apart isn't a lot to ask.

Date: March 07, 2021 03:07AM

It makes 'acting out' as easy as it gets.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 20, 2021 10:27AM

--Heinrich Heine

Burning masks won't make the virus go away.
Fools dancing with death.

Date: March 20, 2021 07:12PM

anybody Wrote:

> Fools dancing with death.

Their own and others'.

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: March 20, 2021 09:03PM

Sorry to threaten the covid cult true believers, but here's some science on masks, including the Danish study that showed no statistically significant benefit from wearing them.

And this is interesting:

"An analysis by the US CDC found that 85% of people infected with the new coronavirus reported wearing a mask “always” (70.6%) or “often” (14.4%). Compared to the control group of uninfected people, always wearing a mask did not reduce the risk of infection."

https://swprs.org/face-masks-evidence/

Date: March 20, 2021 09:06PM

Please make a pledge right here that you will ask your surgery team not to wear masks if you should ever need surgery.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: March 20, 2021 09:29PM

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2363027,2363035#msg-2363035

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/m20-6817

"The most important limitation is that the findings are inconclusive, with CIs compatible with a 46% decrease to a 23% increase in infection. Other limitations include the following. Participants may have been more cautious and focused on hygiene than the general population; however, the observed infection rate was similar to findings of other studies in Denmark (26, 30). Loss to follow-up was 19%, but results of multiple imputation accounting for missing data were similar to the main results. In addition, we relied on patient-reported findings on home antibody tests, and blinding to the intervention was not possible. Finally, a randomized controlled trial provides high-level evidence for treatment effects but can be prone to reduced external validity."

"Yet, the findings were inconclusive and cannot definitively exclude a 46% reduction to a 23% increase in infection of mask wearers in such a setting. It is important to emphasize that this trial did not address the effects of masks as source control or as protection in settings where social distancing and other public health measures are not in effect."
Thus, these findings do not provide data on the effectiveness of widespread mask wearing in the community in reducing SARS-CoV-2 infections"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/leahrosenbaum/2020/11/18/lead-researcher-behind-controversial-danish-study-says-you-should-still-wear-a-mask/?sh=516e458f39e7

"While the study found little evidence that masks protected the wearers from Covid-19, it should not be used as evidence to not wear a mask. “Even a small degree of protection is worth using the face masks,” says Dr. Henning Bundgaard, professor of Cardiology at Rigshospitalet in Denmark and lead author of the study, “because you are protecting yourself against a potentially life-threatening disease."

"70%: That’s how much wearing a mask reduces the risk of Covid-19 transmission, according to studies in the U.S. and in Thailand."

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/11/danish-study-doesnt-prove-masks-dont-work-against-the-coronavirus/

"The trial evaluated whether giving free surgical masks to volunteers and recommending their use safeguarded wearers from infection with the coronavirus, in addition to other public health recommendations. The study didn’t identify a statistically significant protective effect for wearers, but the trial was only designed to detect a large effect of 50% or more. And the study didn’t weigh in on the ability of masks to prevent spread of the virus from wearers to others, or what’s known as source control, which is thought to be the primary way that masks work.

The study was conducted at a time when Danish authorities were not recommending masks to the general public, so most people both groups would encounter were not likely to be masked. Both groups were told to follow national public health guidance, which included physical distancing, avoiding crowds and washing hands."

https://www.covidfaq.co/Claim-A-Danish-study-shows-masks-don-t-work-e2bb579390ea4fed9802d8b2106ad7cd
1) The study only looked at protection of the wearer.
2) Problems were pointed out before the study appeared
3) The study was too small.
4) There are other reasons to think masks work
For details on each, see actual link.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 20, 2021 09:59PM

this Whole Thing has been irretrievably broken since DJT politized it.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 21, 2021 09:47PM

It's not the mask doing it to 'em. It's their own restraint, confusion, ignorance, ill-concern for others, and/ or shunning of the thang that's doing for and to them.

IOW they are doing it to themselves.

People, complicating their own lives - AND the lives of others - since... We'll, since people have been in the picture.

Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: March 22, 2021 09:34AM

I was hoping it was just a one time thing in Boise, but, I just read in a local FB group someone wanting to organize a mask burning here in southeast Idaho, and sadly there were many that thought it would be a great idea. But, there were also many that thought it was stupid and dangerous, so, there may be hope.

Meanwhile, Covid cases are surging in the area.

https://www.idahostatejournal.com/freeaccess/ny-times-idaho-falls-is-nations-top-covid-hot-spot-rexburg-is-third-worst/article_c1242996-a1eb-5ca2-8740-03c600593d4c.html?fbclid=IwAR0n0xSTAJS0Ny7eWKBsg1mQTHAlnw8-mE4n-HS9jzz88A6pkxN0UOn-CwA

Date: March 22, 2021 04:22PM

Section 4-The Places Hardest Hit
lists the metro areas with the highest cumulative number of cases/100,000 population since the start of the pandemic

#10 is Rexburg, ID
#15 is Provo/Orem, UT

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 22, 2021 04:46PM

And Mormons always think they are #1. Slackers.

Date: March 22, 2021 05:19PM

The night is young.

Date: March 22, 2021 05:31PM

But BYU is trying their damndest to get there.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 22, 2021 09:52AM

Idaho is a Florida wannabe where the idiots are going into a third wave according to many news reports because there are so many selfish stupid people there who are acting like it's all over and superspreaderism is rampant.

You can't fix stupid as whatsisname said.

Said part is it's often not the stupid people who deserve it who pay the price for the selfishness.

Date: March 22, 2021 10:48AM

The local radio station does a daily "Florida man" story. They still have Idaho beat for stupid, but, wannabe seems an accurate description. Sad thing is, I've lived in Florida too. I have all the luck. lol

On a positive note, people here are getting vaccinated despite so many naysayers and conspiracy theorists. I've heard the vaccine is the guvmint trying to change your dna and track you and give you some kinda other disease, mark of the beast, etc., etc.

Lordy, some of these people will believe anything.

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: March 22, 2021 12:36PM

Keep these Idaho stories coming. Hopefully it will help to stem the flood of people moving here now that I am here. I have been in Idaho for just over 16 years and the growth in the past 5 or so has been amazing. My home has more than doubled in "value" and property taxes have increased yearly as a result. Similarly traffic and congestions has worsened, too. But the reality is that after paying sales commissions I could not afford to buy a home of equal value were I to sell.

Idaho is a terrible place. Don't come if you are thinking about it lol.

Date: March 22, 2021 03:19PM

Don't get me wrong, Idaho is awesome, born and raised here so I may be biased.
That doesn't mean there's not a lot of wacky people living here. Unfortunately many have let their religious beliefs give us some alt right, conspiracy believing, backwards thinking stupidity.

I agree with you about the sudden growth and associated problems. Our pioneer ancestors didn't forsee the need for better planning for future growth. Since they were Mormon they probably figured the second coming would take care of that and we'd all be heading to Missouri by now.

Date: March 22, 2021 05:25PM

Krispy Kreme is offering a free glazed donut to anyone who can produce a Covid-19 vaccine card (offer good until the end of 2021.) Watch the anti-vaxxers go nuts!

Date: March 23, 2021 12:16AM

Watch me get fat

Date: March 24, 2021 05:12PM

I just gave myself a FREE donut. I got a box recently.

I just ate the "free" one!

Is there a vaccine for a 'sugarush'?

Date: March 25, 2021 12:49PM

Krispy Kreeme will DO ANYTHING to get people'$ money-info.

In their stores are pre-printed note cards for CHILDREN to fill out with their prescious, sacred, personal information (name, birthdate, address, email, etc.), so they can pester them throughout eternity.

A free donut is PREJUDICED on the fact that you are: (A) not (too) FAT already; (B) vetted for diabetic impulses; (C) dumb, poor, or crazy enough to accept to offer; (D) JUDGING, as a business, just WHO IS SAFE/ cool/ beautiful/ rich/ fit/ popular/ edjumacated/ uncanny/ worthy/ needs a free fat fix/ etc.

It's uncool, u classy, unAmerican

Date: March 25, 2021 01:18PM

I want to praise corporations that help encourage vaccinations and all, but I'm afraid you are probably right. All most businesses want is your information to use, sell and target. It's disgusting.

I hate that even though we are buying things, they STILL have to make gathering our information one of their main priorities to sell even more. We've all been reduced to algorithms and our buying history.

I hope that Krispy Kreme just glances at the vaccination card and does not ask or gather anything else for the free donut. I'm skeptical.

Posted by: BigSister ( )
Date: March 28, 2021 12:54PM

Reminds me of a Seminary activity from back in high school (in Orem, UT) where youth were encouraged to bring any "bad" media (music, books, posters) they owned to burn on a big bonfire.

That activity was the first thing I refused to participate in as a born/raised/Utah Mormon. And, I count it as one of the things that helped me open my eyes to what I'd been involved in since birth.

Date: March 28, 2021 01:08PM

What, if any, were the repercussions you suffered at that time?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.